Is My Brain Calling the Shots Now?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Just thinking outloud here, my T has been more intrusive for about a month now. Louder, harder to mask, harder to deal with. I'm about 10 months in ...

So I'm wondering if I've had some sort of "shift" and now it's my brain calling the shots rather than my ears - is in ingrained in me now?

2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      My opinion is: our brains call the shots on perception from pretty early on. I do think our tinnitus has up and down cycles. Hang in there. Do not think you have had some sort of 10-month shift tht now means you are in a permanent down cycle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      yes my T seems a bit louder in the middle of the night:whistle: but i tell my self to my brain shut up:dohanimation: enough:dunno: im going back to bed!!! and in 2 mins im fast alseep..:sleep: T has been very good i just dont give a shit and the T leaves me alone lol.. dont let it control you you be the boss:mad: it will not be has bad if you dont let it be......

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      Have you been more stressed about your tinnitus within the last month? Especially before it seemed more intrusive?