Anyone Have Hearing Loss or Ear Fullness/Pressure in Addition to Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by bubbagump, Mar 14, 2014.

1. bubbagump

bubbagump Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Just wondering, if anyone also has ear fullness/pressure, or hearing loss?

2. Mar

Mar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      Yes I have hearing loss. Don't know if it's from the t or in addition to the t.

3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Yes. For 40 years and a high freq. hearing loss in the ear that gets the fullness and occaisional pressure.

4. SJE

SJE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Yes. Have had mild Tinnitus in one ear since 2008 but last summer had Eustachian tubes block up overnight and since then the Tinnitus has worsened and hearing loss significant too. Only 2 separate days since August where my ears felt fully open.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bubbagump

bubbagump Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I see...is there any treatment for eustacian tube blockage? you would think they can just stick something in there to "clear" the pathway lol

6. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      The ear fullness and eustachian tube problems puzzle me. I have them as well. They should not have anything to do with the classical T theory with hearing loss. Or have I missed something??

7. Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      If the Eustachian tube is blocked or inflamed, yes it can probably make the t temporary worse or make you have t ( which should be temporary) but I don't know for sure. I was diagnosed with ETD 2 days ago. My dr explained to me how it can cause ringing in the ear, pressure feeling that gets bad or feels okay at times. It's deff a symptom of ETD. ETD can also cause temporary hearing loss, Muffled hearing etc.

8. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Yes, ETD can cause T. But can T cause ET problems and why / how are these two linked? Another T mystery for sure... :)

9. sgal

sgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? probably hearing loss.
      Hi, I have moderate hearing loss. It's no joke, it's a problem. The hearing loss came first and then the T a few years later. I had both of these problems for a number of years but never any ear fullness or ear pain problems. That started 2 months ago while I was sick with an upper respiratory infection. While I was sick, one of my ears plugged up and hurt. That's when I developed tinnitus for the first time in the affected ear and in general my T spiked involving my other ear also. I'm still having problems with the ear that feels fullness and pain. It's very frustrating because doctors don't see anything wrong so I end up treating myself with antihistamines, decongestants and nasal spray. These things are helping but it's hard to treat yourself without the help of a doctor. :-(

• Winner Winner x 1
    10. Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Ahh I see what your saying. Sorry I guess I didn't understand