Are You Able to Physically Feel Your Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by martin12, Sep 27, 2014.

1. martin12

martin12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/2014
      Last night for the first time i noticed that i was able to feel the T inside my right ear. It was like an ocean wave floating inside of my ear and i could feel the waves going through.

My T unfortunately has been getting worse and worse and is now, more than ever aggravated by external noise.

If anyone has similar symptoms please let me know. For some reason i continue to believe i am hearing a blood vessel that has connected itself to some part of my auditory organs.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      I've never felt that! Maybe @Karen can help you.:) She has pulsatile tinnitus. You might also post on the section of the forum. I don't believe this is medically significant unless you hear a pulsating sound--one that mirrors your heartbeat. But you can always go to a doctor to rule anything out.

When my tinnitus is loud, I definitely feel pressure inside my ear. Sometimes, the pressure runs from my earlobe down my neck for few inches. I think it's related to swelling in my eustachian tube.

And I generally feel pain in on my scalp several days a week. Thank goodness, it is not severe. But it is like someone is pulling my hair, and the pain is almost always located above my left ear--probably near my auditory cortex. Although it is scalp pain, it must be referred from my brain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I know it sounds weird but sometimes I have a feeling in my left temple like I can feel the neuron's hyperactivity (My T is in my left ear/head. It's a tingling feeling but not painful.

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @martin12,

You've described pretty well the feeling I have in my right ear, too. I have both pulsatile and ringing tinnitus, and right now I can feel something in that ear that is very similar to your description. Yours may be fleeting, however. I hope so!

If you begin to feel a constant pulsating beat, in time with your pulse, that is vascular tinnitus. In that case, you might want to check with your doctor, to rule out any problems. However, most of us with PT don't have a serious condition.
      But it is still worth checking into.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

• Like Like x 1
    5. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I can feel vibration inside my head when it's loud - if the T carries on long enough, eventually it gives me a headache... the vibration rather than the T.

6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      When i got first got t and it was severe for two days i felt the noise vibration coming through my ear so was impossible getting to sleep without bein medicated cause that vibration just vibrated through my pillow, not mentioning the noise that was god awful. When i have fleeting T it sometimes vibrates through too.

7. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I do thanks to the drone/generator noise.
      Woke me up this morning at 2.30am, I thought that the car engine was put in my head, vibration vibration vibration....

• Hug Hug x 1