Bang Tinnitus Just Got Worse

Discussion in 'Support' started by S.withnell, Feb 14, 2015.

1. S.withnell
      Sleepy

S.withnell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi ive had t now since November 2014... Unknow cause but I had a bad infection and cold , and the t been stuck ever since.

Anyways I have several levels of hissing and static noise and now all of a sudden tonight out if no where ive got my left ear doing a horrible loud ring and I have no idea what has caused it.

I can't cope with this much longer. I can barley cope with the hissing but this really want me to just jump off a cliff ..l how can any one cope with this ?

I just want it to stop.
      I never did anything wrong with my life but I'm being punished so badly

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      You know how I cope with it.. the Back To Silence method. I've had a ringer and a hisser since '74.
      Maybe you tried it, I don't know. What have you got to lose?

3. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      My condition has also became worse, seemingly without much reason. If your underlying injury hasn't been made more servere, it's probably your brain messing around on its own. With time, habituation, healthy lifestyle and so on, common sense says it should be possible for the brain to revert back to its previous state.

Save from that, many people have been able to endure hell. If necessary, you may simply have to become on of them. Don't bother about suicide. Eventually, death will free you no mather what you do. How little or how much you might suffer on the road makes no difference once you've reached the final.

If sleep gives out due to the new T-level, I've made a thread about meditation practice on the forum for alternative treatments that may be of help.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. sanjay doodani
      Amused

sanjay doodani Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Frequent viral infection ENT, loud music, BP sugar
      It will improve in some time but remove anxiety and go gp for sleeping aid clone zap am
      I take NAC magnesium melatonin in night also cal mag zinc really helpful

5. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      I feel you. Did it improve so far?

6. Carroc
      Gloomy

Carroc Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unspecified tinnitus
      To get sleep at night Please take a xanax. It will not make you an addict. Why? Because a doctor will not let you abuse it. He won't refill a script sooner than he thinks you need it. Many of my friends are having a glass of wine or a slug of OTC ZZZ quil or Tylenol PM or a Bendryl every night to sleep and they have been doing this for years. If you end up needing something to sleep daily then tell your doctor that. He may even even give you an antidepressant too.
      A lot of my friends are on Elavil or Effexor. Why suffer?

7. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      @Carroc, please don't talk people into benzos. Xanax can and will cause addiction. For some as little time as a few weeks on a small dose was enough. There is a member here who got T after short term use of it, so think twice before recommending it and taking it.
      Secondly - the orginal message dates back to February, so a little late for advising, but I too wonder how it developed for you ever since @S.withnell ?

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yeah, benzos and tinnitus don't mix well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm sorry, but I could not disagree with this more strongly. I became severely, severely dependent on benzos taking them exactly as directed by a licensed doctor.

The fact that huge swaths of Western culture consume all sorts of toxic crap to help them sleep at night, doesn't make it healthy or good for you... and my personal experience is, even with bothersome tinnitus, it's entirely possible to learn to sleep just fine without drugs, white noise or anything else. In fact, it's simple to do so -- just very, very difficult. However, having gone round the bend with sleeping pills and benzos, I'll take "difficult soul-searching and readjustment to what life is" over "severely dependent on benzos" anytime.

I think this is a personal opinion and decision, and I am only so passionate on this because the drugs gave me problems that made tinnitus seem like a walk in the park.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    10. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      In the UK, we can't even get xanax on the NHS. It's been banned, because it's addictive. I did hear it's getting phased out with an XR version, which has a longer half-life making it less addictive.

11. Carroc
      Gloomy

Carroc Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unspecified tinnitus
      I forgot I could be addressing people who have addictive personalities. My doc gave me xanax but I only took one in a month. I felt it was good to have a safety net and try not to use it but you all make a good point.

12. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My personality problems aside, I was told by two different doctors that it was safe and reasonable to take klonopin at 2mg/day, every day, for years. I don't think, in hindsight, that was good advice, but it was definitely medical advice.

13. Carroc
      Gloomy

Carroc Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unspecified tinnitus
      It makes you wonder why some people get it and some don't. Like why doesn't every musician get T. Why do only 40% of returning war vets get it. Why do some get it for no reason. What made you decide to stop all meds? Were you frightening to go back to T?

14. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Wouldn't have a clue...Some people get tinnitus with age related hearing loss, some people don't. Maybe some people are more susceptible to tinnitus than others.

15. Carroc
      Gloomy

Carroc Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unspecified tinnitus
      The T is awful. Distraction helps when you are out with people. Sure at home I can turn the TV up but the noise is in my head so I am having a hard time masking it. Hard to believe in this day and age there is not much help out there. It seems so cut and dry. You go to on doctor and he says too bad for you. Here's some xanax if you can't sleep.

• Agree Agree x 1