Blocked Ear Sensation These Days

Discussion in 'Support' started by rob, Aug 29, 2013.

1. rob
      Cowabunga

rob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      hi all :)

I have tinnitus long ago, 10+ years, and cope with it, to date its been pretty mild but noticeable.

However these last 2 days i'm feeling a weird sensation, kind of my right ear is blocked. It's the same ear where I have the T. I also feel kind of some head pressure. It affects my mood bc. i'm kind of scared...

I'd say it might be stress-related, I'm under stress right now, however I am pretty used to it, but these sensations are new.

Anybody can shed some light? thanks in advance :)

2. Leo1994
      Suicidal

Leo1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      No problem man, it will pass! But it can take some time, i had both head pressure and ear blocked for about 2 month, :) Scared the shitt out of me, but it passed :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rob
      Cowabunga

rob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      hey leo thanks for the answer... these two days im restless and unavailable to the world bc. of this.. hope it will pass as you say :) take care man

4. Miss lavender

Miss lavender Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      I had blocked ears for about three months and then it just disappeared. You will find that most of the time is just goes away on its own. Don't worry too much about it. if you are really concerned see your own doctor.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rob
      Cowabunga

rob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      well been something totally new i'm a little concerned... i'm waiting a few days and then i'll see the doctor-something that is even more scary for me :S

Thanks for the reply Ms.lavender !

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Rob, and welcome!

Yes, the feeling of pressure and blockage that you describe is fairly common; a lot of us have experienced it. I had tinnitus for many years without any problems; then, about 3 years ago, my tinnitus got worse after taking an ototoxic drug. I had the feeling of pressure and blockage for several months, and it finally went away on its own.

If you're under a lot of stress right now, it could have something to do with that. I hope yours calms down soon. If not, I agree with Miss Lavender that you should see your doctor to discuss.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, but it might ease your mind to see your doctor about it.

Best wishes,
      Karen

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rob
      Cowabunga

rob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Hi Karen

Glad to hear it went away in your case. I have been pretty paranoid these last two days because T's been totally steady for 10+ years.

however I guess I fulfill all the requirements to deserve all of it: big stress, fast food, lots of work, little holidays, random sleep...

I am also the kind of person that is terrified about hospitals, doctors, until theres no other choice, but im taking your advice and Ms Lavender's and go visit one.

Thanks for your help :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. Miss lavender

Miss lavender Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      Good on you Rob! I know you don't like doctors but sometimes they might be necessary. There is no harm in visiting your doctor, I fact he/ she may even have some advice/ suggestions. I wish you luck and don't be afraid. Fear is destructive. Ciao.