Came Back to Say.... It REALLY Does Get Better

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by AnneG, Sep 20, 2014.

1. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      HI GUYS! So yes, its me Anne. I have joined TT since september last year if I'm not mistaken because of a sudden T onset. I know a lot of people here who have really, really made a big impact on me. People who understood how you feel, people who knows exactly what your going through because your all on the same boat. I remember those days where I would sit infront of my laptop for the WHOLE ENTIRE DAY and just post stuff here on TT hoping to get that supporting kind words from other people, which really does work and makes me feel a whole lot better. I would usually post stuff everyday, sometimes twice a day which I think really annoyed some people on here, hahaha sorry about that :) On my first few months YES, i was depressed, scared, worried, I too experience those anxiety and panic attacks, feeling like there's no more hope, like I was doomed forever in this eerie noise inside my head. But boy was I wrong :) Yes, like others here my T does change in pitch, tone, even the sound itself. Which makes coping with it even harder, you might feel like there's no more hope but trust me.. THERE IS. I think my last post here was about my T being gone for like days in a row, and a lot of you guys have been wondering if it ever came back... Well to answer that...

YES

it did come back. Hahahahaha, But don't worry! I'm not here to make you feel miserable and hopeless if ever your T does disappear. Its just that even after that moment when I woke up like a week later with T back again with me that I thought "Meeeeeh, screw it" I stopped fighting it :) I learned to live with it. I know easier said than done but it does happen sooner or later if you just will it. Yes, till this day from my last post my T is still here with me, sometimes its so low I couldn't even hear anything, sometimes It flares for a few seconds that all I hear is that ringing noise, then sometimes there are also those days where its so loud that its all I hear. But then there I go continuing life where i stopped when my T onset happened. That's pretty much it, something that I just wanted to share. is this even the right category for this? hahahaha. Imissed all of my friends in here, if you guys read this and you do know me. Please do leave a comment! You guys were my strength and like my family who helped me get my life back on track <3

Sincerely
      Anne.

• Winner x 11
      • Like x 5
      • Hug x 5
      • Helpful x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Wow, that is great news, @AnneG. You really have "habituated." You are going on with you life, knowing that Tinnitus is there, but not giving it any power. A true success story. Thanks for sharing with us.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Anne,

I'm so proud of you for being strong and hanging in there through the ups and downs of tinnitus! It's great that you came back with your success story to share with other tinnitus sufferers.

Thanks for the update, and I'm so glad that you are going on with your life!!

God bless!!
      Karen

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Thank you, Anne. Yes, T is definitely our "new normal".

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      @AnneG Great post! Stoked to hear you are habituating and doing well!! :) I hope you continue to thrive!!! Success!! :D

I have been absent from TT for a bit as well. And I have to echo what Anne posted about TT and so many fantastic people here really helped me through THE roughest period of my life!! Much like Anne, I have learned to live with my T and am doing well, in large part to the support and perspectives I received from my friends here on TT!! Thank you all!!

To any "newbies" reading this post, please take encouragement from Anne's story (and mine), that you can and will prevail over T!!! (y)

Peace to you all!!

Jeff

:rockingbanana:

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      No problem LadyDi :) Hahaha hey your one of those people who have helped me get through this <3

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hi Karen! How have you been? Yeah I was actually planning on putting up and update for quite some time now but only made the time now because of college. And yes I am back in school with 100% FOCUS now :) Hope your doing well! <3

• Winner Winner x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hahahahaha Love your post jeff. And yes, I do hope other 'new' Tinnitus sufferers would get through this and soon realize that they aren't really T 'sufferers' at all. That soon they too will realize that everything will go back to the way its really supposed to be. I guess time really does heal all wounds huh? :) Thanks for sharing Jeff <3

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @AnneG,

That's great! So glad you are able to return to college, and, most importantly, to be able to focus again. We should put your post under "Success Stories", for sure!

I'm doing pretty well these days; still have tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus, but I am able to handle it much better now.

Take care, and please do keep in touch with us!

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      @Karen

I actually have been looking for the "Success Stories" category but can't find it! Hahaha. I guess its just me then :oops: That's so good to hear karen that your coping with it better than you used to <3 And yes, I will keep in touch with everyone here :) Promise.

11. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @AnneG,

It's actually called "The Positivity Thread", and it's under the Support category.

(Love the new photo, by the way!!)

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      The Positvity Thread, which is in the Support forum, is great and I read it all the time. But there also is a separate Success Story... forum? It is under Knowledge Base on the home page. Regardless of where you posted it, this is good news,@AnneG!

• Like Like x 1
    13. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome back, Anne! Happy to see you come back and post your positive update story. As a young college age person, you surely display a lively and vibrant spirit of a lovely young lady, and yet you possess the wisdom of a T veteran, knowing how to live peacefully with T without all the negative emotions. Considering your T is still relatively new, your attitude is perfect and your progress towards habituation is admirable. Keep up the positive spirit. If anything else, do come back to post your graduation photos. You will be a great role model for the many young T sufferers worrying about their future and how T can affect their education. So keep up the positive spirit and we love to hear from you amid your busy college life. Yes, the Positivity Thread is a great one to tell us your positive news and some fun things you do to enjoy life despite T. It is a sticky thread, so it will always stay up top for newer members to read. Through sharing these positive news, newer T sufferers can see that the good life doesn't have to stop even after T and they will have much more hope for the future. This in term will help to reduce their mental suffering.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    14. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Bingo Billie....as usual!! Miss you guys here on TT!!

:rockingbanana:

• Like Like x 1
    15. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Hi @AnneG - so good to hear from you and read your positive story! I'm glad to know that things are going well for you now :) thanks for updating us :)

16. Jonathan Kent

Jonathan Kent Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2014
      Hi -- new to this. What can you trace to what might have contributed to your T going away when it did?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13

Thank you so much <3 And yes, I do hope that my story that I have shared would help others out there too who are still on the process of getting better. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    18. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Glad to hear everything's good AnneG and welcome back :)

Good luck with your studies

19. Hadassah
      Bookworm

Hadassah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What an inspirational testimony, AnneG ... Thank you so much for sharing. As a newbie, it is encouraging to me and gives me hope! You make a great cheerleader!!