Can Anyone Explain Why My Tinnitus Is Louder When I Pop My Ears or Eat Dairy Products?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Melina, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Melina
      Tired

Melina Member

I've had tinnitus for years still without an answer, but I recently discovered something that makes me think it might be related to eustachian tube issues.

Although I have high-pitch ringing tinnitus in both ears, it is much much worse in my right ear. Anyway, I discovered that when I pop my ears, it is SO much louder. I can also hear more clearly (despite the tinnitus). As a side note, I'm quite certain that it spikes when I eat a lot of dairy products.

Any ideas why this is happening?

2. ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Maybe Dec 2015 - the buzz was low prior
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diet or TMJ Jaw Inflammation and Clenching??
      Sinus inflammation from an allergy and pressure aggravating your Eustachian tubes pulling against the small connected ear muscles.

The Tensor Tympani is a long tiny muscle that seems to be parallel with the Eustachian tube.

The levator veli palatine muscle opens your Eustachian tubes. It is attached on one end in your middle ear at the back of your palate on the other end. This muscle is involved in swallowing, which is why swallowing or compressing your tongue is related to causing your ear pops. “Popping” in your ears results from changes in the ear pressure when the Eustachian tubes open.

• Helpful Helpful x 1