Candida and Tinnitus Link?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Clutching at straws, but anyone know much about this?

Apologies if its been asked before, but as I'm coming off a good 6 months of antibiotics (on and off) I'm wondering if this may be a factor?

A x

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      antibiotics have been known to cause T in some people especially after high usage

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Yes, and there is a connection between candida (yeast overgrowth) and tinnitus. Ringing ears is listed as a side effect of yeast overgrowth.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Thanks guys. I'm seeing a herbalist next week (for my anxiety) and ill ask him about this. I wonder with my antibiotics use whether my body is full of yeast or something

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Amelia,
      It's possible that you do have some yeast overgrowth from antibiotic use. Back when my tinnitus got bad (in 2010), I went to a naturopath, and one of the first things she did was put me on some supplements for candida (yeast). I still had ringing in the ears, but I definitely felt better after about a month or so on the supplements. Who knows, it might help your tinnitus!

I'll be interested to hear what happens when you see the herbalist.

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm very, very skeptical of most of what I read online about "candida" because there is so much snake oil and pseudoscience, and to the extent this is a real thing outside of the severely ill, it is poorly understood, impossible to diagnose, etc -- and lots of people think it's "the cause of all disease" and other stuff like that which is clearly bonkers/unscientific.

That said, after ~3 weeks on this protocol (b-12, metafolin, 'yeast-cleanse' capsules with grapeseed oil and stuff, apple cider vinegar), not only is my ringing improved, my whole overall health is better than it's been in months/years. Seriously. My skin has dried out and cleared up -- my acne looks better than it has since I was on strong drugs for it years ago, and my various GI problems (some of them very longstanding) are likewise obviously much improved.

So, this is a little perplexing to me, though I am also happy...

7. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been sleeping without a fan, and this morning there was a lot of ambient noise and I PUT EARPLUGS IN and went back to sleep!

Both of those things would have been impossible a month ago.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. JeffDamsko

JeffDamsko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Could you describe the exact protocol you are following ?

9. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      AM (before breakfast): sublingual b6/b12 combo (5mg b12), 1 tbsp flax oil or fish oil, 2-3 tsp bragg's apple cider vinegar in water with honey, 3 "yeast cleanse" capsules from amazon (grapeseed oil, caprylic acid, etc)

PM (before dinner): 2-3 tsp bragg's ACV in water with honey, 3 "yeast cleanse" capsules, 0.8mg metafolin

that's it. The b-12 and ACV are things I have used in the past, the folic acid and yeast capsules are not.

I don't know to what extent this is directly helping the T, vs it being that this is somehow addressing a deeper or connected health issue that was making the ringing more bothersome. That is, if you don't have any health issues whatsoever besides the T, I don't know how likely it is that this will help. I've had GI and skin problems for years. Can't believe that even a partial solution was this simple...

• Informative Informative x 1
    10. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Julian cowan hill talks about the candida-tinnitus connection on youtube. He stated that his t improved with an anticandida diet. Worth a shot Amelia.

• Like Like x 1
    11. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      anyone pursued this ?

12. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Wich ones to be excat?

13. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @RaZaH Yes, I am in the fifth month of anti yeast treatment. The herbal cleanse is not enough. One needs to change the diet (eliminate sugar and carbohydrates), add probiotics, and add antifungals (I have used Fluconazole for more than 4 months on top of the herbal cleanse). I will report results when I have an outcome. My T is very fluctuating, cycles and has many complex sounds. I could not find any solid trauma trigger event. One year into my T, I realized that my diet was crazy rich in sugar and carbohydrates and the possibility of a candidiasis was significant in spite of the ENT negative opinions.

14. Donsorel

Donsorel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2008
    15. Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      This is interesting,

I have an increase in my tinnitus that started about the same time when I noticed an yeast infection in my mouth after antibiotics use.

It also happened at the same time I was taking anti fungal medicines to treat it, I read that when the candida dies off rapidly it releases certain toxins that can cause or increase tinnitus, how much of this is scientific or not however is unclear.

16. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      I have had candida since 2009.
      in the recent days i have experience oral rash, and then tinnitus appeard.
      this might be the cause.

17. Candice

Candice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15 September 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeast infection
      Hi I recently got tinnitus a couple of days ago.

Prior to this I had been suffering from a vaginal yeast infection which I treated with over the counter gel which I had a allergic reaction to. Initially I did not make a connection between the two, but as time went on I wondered that it was rather strange until I googled the symptoms of yeast infection and one of them is the ringing of ears. Has anybody been cleared from yeast caused tinnitus?

18. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      Which antibiotics are you taking? Some are very well known to be ototoxic. Aminoglycosides are the worst and most ototoxic of all of them. Remember, damage to your ears (whether noise or drug induced) is cumulative so take care with what you ingest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aminoglycoside

19. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Interesting...I found this video that shows the spit test for Candida. Not sure how accurate it is but it seems quite a few people think can be. Starts around 2:45 into the video. What do you guys think?

DIY 48 Second Test for Candida

20. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Candice

Yes, it is possible to have T coming from a microbiome imbalance. Some claims are about the microbial overgrowth (most commonly Candida) tingling the vagus nerve in the digestive system and other cases just a plain focal point in a middle ear. They are symbiotic microbes in people with regular health, but an overgrowth can cause all sort weird health issues. The Candidiasis in regular people is seen like an internet myth by most commmon doctors, but I believe that it can really happen. Anyway, you can follow my misadventures at:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...er-taking-anti-fungal-drug.11142/#post-205862

Your case is so recent that even if it is related to microbial overgrowth you have a good chance to get rid of it following the common sense Candida treatments. A good source of info is at:
      https://www.thecandidadiet.com/
      In my case, I realized the potential root cause of my problem after one year, and by then I had a bad chronic microbial overgrowth case that is turning out to be almost impossible to eliminate.

21. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So....any update? I think antibiotics made my digestive system out of shape even though I was on a vegetarian diet.

22. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Kazue:

I have continued updating that thread and you will see that my last entry from a few days ago is positive. This is being an incredibly long and exhausting journey. My T is being at his best in the last few weeks, and I remain optimistic. No success story yet.
      About your comments on antibiotics, that is a well known path to get a microbial imbalance in your body, and is common to end up with fungal overgrowth after antibiotic treatments.

23. dmcdlj

dmcdlj Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeast, I believe
      linearb, would you contact me via email? debra.m.clements@delta.com. I have several issues I believe are caused by candida overgrowth and want to discuss your protocol with you. Aside from tinnitus, I also developed cholinergic urticatia last June. It is a rather painful skin flusing/flat rash that burns when your body temperature rises, due to outside heat, exercise, or excitement. I think it is all related. My skin has gotten extremelyli dry and has little dehyration lines running everywhere, although I drink a lot of water. And, I have stopped sweating. Have been in good health all my life, on no medications, BP good, just overweight. What specific yeast cleanse are you on? name? And, which Metafolin are you on? Name? And, where do you get sublingual B6? Name?
      Thanks

24. dmcdlj

dmcdlj Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeast, I believe
      linearb, also, do you think Coconut Oil would be as effective as fish oil?

25. JasonH

JasonH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Dec/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HSV2?
      Get tested for Herpes HSV1&2 (IGG)