Charlotte's Web

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Kelli, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Kelli
      Question it

Kelli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      viral infection
      Hey folks,

I suffered a SSHL in July 2010 in my right ear and tinnitus is a side effect. I was implanted with a BAHA after battling it out with my insurance company. The BAHA has helped some, but my severe tinnitus impacts my hearing greatly. To make matters worse, I am a speech language pathologist. Hearing acuity is a must in my job. So I feel like I get a double dose of reminding every second of every single day that I lost my hearing. I'm literally at my wits ends.

I have been researching about treatments for tinnitus and ran across an interesting research study that has peaked my interest. The research study is called "Charlotte's Web". The study is named after a little girl who suffers from epilepsy. Researchers found "realm oil" reduced her seizures. I've read tinnitus is a form of "sensory epilepsy"....which makes perfect sense to me. Realm oil is illegal in NC and I am not eligible to participate in the study. So in my research I ran across "hemp oil". I visited my otolaryngologist and he has never heard of the study, but is willing to try anything that could possibly make a difference in my life as well as the life of his other patients.

In all my rambling... have any of you tried realm oil or hemp oil and has it had a positive effect on your tinnitus?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kelli
      Question it

Kelli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      viral infection
      Yep, that is one of the articles I read. :) I'm determined to find something that helps. My husband is a police officer, so I will not do anything illegal. I have all the right people in my corner... the law, my otolaryngologist, and my pharmacist. I'm just reaching out to see if someone out in this big world has found ANYTHING that helps....

I've tried the usual... anxiety meds during the day, Valium at night to help me sleep, chamomile tea, essential oils, exercise/yoga, diet.... the list could go on and on.... My husband last night called me the "crazy tinnitus lady" because I am so determined to find something that works. He was not trying to be mean, just bringing some humor to a bad situation. He has been by my side the whole time.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Kelli ,your only doing what were all doing on these sites ,looking for answers ,end of the day were the ones with it ,so got to try helping yourself ,even if it's picking up tips alone ,to helping you out with whatever type of T you have and problems that come along from having it . Your husband can make you smile ,good support we all need that either by family or friends from this site ,all one family of T out there .
      Not heard of what you put up ,so that's news to me .I wouldn't be up to these ( funny ) drugs but that said Drs are now being given the go ahead for certain medical conditions ,that would make it's use legal .Ive got reservations ,as some have said it's use has interfered with their T .Interesting subject .

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kelli
      Question it

Kelli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      viral infection
      There are so many derivatives of the plant now. Some have low THC (the part that gives you the high) and high CBD (the part that calms you). Seems like it would be a less harmful and herbal, than Valium and anxiety meds. For the record, I feel like I need to say that I'm not chasing a high....I'm chasing the dream of silence in my brain and calmness in my body. Im just reaching out to see if anyone on the forum has heard about or tried the realm oil where it's legal or the hemp oil to try to ease their tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi

Right now i live in Malta.
      But i have been researching ALOT lately about cannabisoil and im gonna try the same for my T when i get back to Denmark, where i can get it. (Along with LLLT that i do ATM)
      I will try first with CBD. Cuz like u, im not happy about the high.
      But since i also have a tumor/cyst (good one) on my thyroid and what seems to be a unbalanced hormonproduction from the thyroid, i might go for some oil with high THC afterwards, to see if it will removed the tumor and stabalize the hormones.
      Cuz this oil cures almost everything, because of the way its stimulates the bodys own functional ability.
      And with no sideeffects, since it 100% organic.
      Easy choice imo to test out, instead of all the poisenes drugs doctors would rather give u in a heartbeat, if the got the chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kelli
      Question it

Kelli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      viral infection
      Will you keep me posted please when you get back to Denmark?

8. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yes of course.
      But im not back until a month from now and then u'll need atleast a month to see any effect on either the T or the tumor in my thyroid, along with bloodtests i need to be doing.

The things is, that in my mind, i already found the "cure" for tinnitus, being the LLLT!
      The cannabisoil to me in regards to T, is just a supplyment, like the strong vitamins im already taking and all the healthy oil/fat im eating, to stimulate the brainfunction and the repair of any nervedamage that has to do with the inner hearingcells.
      Im trying to create the optimal conditions in my body for self healing.
      So if i get good results in a couple of month, then there will be no telling what played a part and to be honnest, i really dont care, since my only goal is to get heathy and end up with as little T as possible.
      So not sure how much my improvement and use of cannabisoil is gonna help u, unless u follow the same path.
      But the use of cannabisoil is to me very interesting, since studies have shown it can repair nervedamage and have other really positive effects on the brain.
      So if it could do anything for the nerves in the inner ear, that would be huge.
      Cuz then i know for sure the LLLT is gonna do the rest, when it comes to speeding up the healing of the haircells in the ear.

If u get interested in LLLT, u can follow me and a few others in a thread about this topic in here.
      We keep posting updates on how things progress, along with audiograms that shows slow but improving in hearing.

There might be a chance i forget about this thread.
      So remind me in a few month, if i havent made any updates in here...

9. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Btw...u should try use the pills called betaserc 16mg.
      I take 1 in the morning, 1 evening and one before bedtime.
      Overall the take off the top of the high pitch tinnitus i have.
      I would say somewhere between 30-50%
      When i take them, my tinnitus is high and annoying on the worst days and on good days i almost dont notice my tinnitus.
      When i dont take them, the tinnitus becomes so loud its almost not possible to stand.
      It takes about 1-2 weeks before the pills really start to kick in....
      Of course i can not promiss the will do the same for u.

• Informative Informative x 1
    10. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Nick J.

But betaserc are supposed to be for Meniers altho it has been reported that they do reduce T there is not much evidence for it even amongst the members here.
      Marijuana is a wonderful and natural plant that induce rest and calm although it can increase anxiousness if already in that state - this is the thc side of it
      Not sure about the thc doing that for the body or brain but yes defo to the cbd being good for it
      USA took out a patent on cbd years ago - it has been shown to reduce tumours....
      The cbd is the non high and relaxation bit

Also do you find that you have any stomach trouble with them?

11. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yes i know.
      I cant remember where i read betaserc helped on T, but i was in such a bad state, that i was whilling to try and it turned out it did.
      The first two month i really dident notice it. But then i went to Dr. Wilden to get LLLT and i stopped useing them, because i wanted the T to be normal, so i had a clear view of how the LLLT worked on me.
      So 3 days before, i went off the pills and oh boy...the loudness came back full force and i realized i had got used to the new low and forgot how bad my T really was. But this was a good reminder i must say.
      So i dont need any scientific papers or experts in here to tell me if the work or not, cuz the work damn fine on me and that just why i wrote she could try them.
      Sounded like she was a bit desperate just like i was. So cant see what would stop one from give it a go.

About cannabisoil...u obv. Dont take oil with high THC if u have problems with beeing anxious.
      Then u need high CBD.
      Like anything else u put into your body to treat something, u need to study it before u proceed for optimal results.
      The thing is that CBD + THC + the other cannabinoids work together. So its not (in my mind) good to take any onesided drug. What u wonna do, is to have the right mix of the cannabinoids in the oil according to what u wonna treat. This means there should still be some THC in the oil even if u are anxious, but want to treat something else for example.

The patent drug is no way near as potent as the real stuff.
      Its chemicals and not good for the body either, just like all other drugs.
      If i could find something natural doing the same as betaserc, i would go for it and throw betaserc in the trashcan. Cuz im pretty sure the are not good for the body in the long run.
      The same goes for this drug that want to copy what nature already are doing much better in the natural form of cannabisoil.
      Thats why Cannabis is elegal...cuz big Farma is gonna lose ALOT of profit once this stuff again is free for every one to use and when there is put some REAL science into proving all the things this stuff can do.
      Cuz ATM there is beeing put alot of effort into suppressing the knowledge about this stuff in USA.

I can link to a GREAT dokumentary about this...

What If Cannabinoids in Cannabis Cured Cancer...

So buy the REAL oil and dont support those evil people in the drug industry that only care about profit and not people.

12. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Nick J.

I agree utterly with what you have said.
      I read that other people took betaserc and got a prescription for it and the pharmacist told me to that it is good against the buzzing in the head. Problem is that it is a chemical and is very bad for the stomach.
      I took one pill of betaserc and had a really bad stomach. But then i suffer from over acid and have to take omeprazole as and when I need it but dont think the betaserc will be good for my stomach. So I didnt take any more. However you have just now confirmed to me that if one stops taking it, then it comes back big time so it doesnt really help. What are the implications of staying on betaserc long term I have no idea. If it would lower it and keep it down even tho no longer taking the betaserc, then i would take it too.
      Please Nick dont take me the wrong way. I am no scientific expert or know it all - not by a very long way - I was only commenting and not dictating.
      As for the benefits of cbd and thc, I have known about this since I was 14, 4 decades ago.
      I have always used it as my drug of choice to eradicate stress, or just to be calm and it is highly enjoyable recreationally.
      As for its therapeutic power, I am pretty sure that it has all that. Cant remember his name off hand but there is a chap in canada I believe who makes the oil for medicinal purposes for people who have pain, or cancer or all sorts of problems and many many of them have found it to be a great help whereas pharma's chemicals have consistently failed them.
      I agree that it is a profit game with big pharma and that this weed should be free to use by those who want to use it. It grows naturally everywhere and Queen Victoria regularly used to help with her menstrual cramp pain. Of course that was before it was made illegal for all sorts of dubious reasons.
      It currently is free to use - all you have to do is get the seeds and grow the plant. You can add bio products to help it grow and then you know exactly what you are growing and what has gone into it.
      There are seeds with higher thc, lower etc...and seeds which will grow you the equivalent of medicinal marijuana....so a light high with plenty of relaxing too.
      Of course, america has realised that so many people are using MJ anyway that they may as well get the tax dollars in especially now - this way they can control and profit from it. Hence I think it is legal now in 3 states in the USA (I could be wrong with that 3 as i have not checked before posting) and there are queues stretching down the street from the legal shops now selling in Colorado for example. And they sell all the different types from medicinal to recreational with differing levels of thc and cbd.
      America wants to control this. It is now legal medicinally in Israel and they grow massive amounts of it there for this purpose. I think uruguay has legalised it totally and is registering the growers (may be wrong about the country but just posting from memory) and of course Holland did this years ago altho has tightened up lately.
      So all in all we are singing from the same hymn sheet and in fact totally agree with each other.
      I too am at the end of my tether and dont know what to do anymore but I have not had it long unlike yourself who has had this since 1990.
      I guess my biggest question to you would be from a newbie to an old timer (with the greatest of respect) is did you not habituate to it since 1990. Many on line including our dear friend Dr. Nagler on this forum says that habituation does happen and that is the real way to go with this. So I wondered if that is the case, that since 1990 you have not habituated. I only ask this out of respect and a need for info really as I need to understand for myself. As forme, I have gone from being a strong resiliant individual to a wreck who is utterly irritable all the time, have lost an motivation to do anything and find myself in a permanant state of exhaustion due to the fact that I cannot sleep more than 4 hours. I wake up and that is it even with sleeping pills. Ican go to sleeo but not stay asleep, and this is coming from someone who slept like a baby before irrespective of the hour that i went to bed i would just sleep thru or wake up and then go back to sleep. Today i have just come back from another useless visit to the local doctor who prescribed me grumpily more chemicals. I asked her about benadryl and gave her the chemical name but she didnt know it and had to look it up at my insistence. When she found it she refused to prescribe it as it is for going on a plane or car journey. Stupid woman gave me sleeping pills that send you to sleep but do not keep you asleep. I have no difficulty in falling asleep but staying asleep as I told her but of course she was not listening to me. The other one that i tried with her which is widely used on TT to sleep is no longer prescribed in France (where i currently live). So off I trotted to the pharmacy and bought some melatonin which in fact the pharmacist agreed would be more suitable for me to stay asleep and to re regulate my sleep pattern - he said much better for you than the sleeping pills prescibed fm the doctor. Stupid woman has in the last 2 visits to her prescribed the same stuff as I had before and i told her was no use. So what is the point of her to me? Does she help? Not at all.
      So looks like a bit of soil and a couple of plant pots are the answer here...
      take care and looking forward to hearing from you (especially about habituation)
      for now .....A

13. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Forgot to add, the LLLT is probably very expensive and do you know how effective it is? Please could you provide prices and if possible also keep reporting on here about your progress with this?
      Further and this is the last thing, promise!!, i have read that it is possible to buy these laser machines (from where i have no idea) and do it yourself so that it becomes loads cheaper. Is this true and how, what, where and how much? Coz I think Dr Wilden is terribly expensive is he not and therefore out of the reach of so many of us on this forum....
      I understand that the light from the laser causes the hairs to re grow? Is that correct or perhaps you could get some info from Dr Wilden please. Oh well that is it for now and very much looking forward to hearing from you

14. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      By the way forgot to add that there are many sites on line that explain how to turn the plant into oil so easy info to get or the chap who makes it for medicinal purposes also explains how to do that too. Just so you know that you can do it for yourself if you wanted to....

15. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yes i know all this also :)
      His name is Rick Simpson and he is known all over the world because of the oil.
      Like i wrote earlier, iv studied this ALOT and still there is so much more to learn. Im sucking info out of this great invention called the internet! Cant imagine living without this great source of information!
      My mom has been sick for many years now, because of a problem with the thyroid and she now know more about all of the symtoms that brings along, then her own doctor does, because of the internet.

A sidenote... I cant spend to much time helping u by typing the same stuff that is already in here.
      Those of us who use LLLT have a thread in here, where u can read about all the questions regarding LLLT u just asked me :)

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...for-tinnitus-dr-wilden.295/page-17#post-74196

Read the hole thread.
      The guy called TheEdgeOfScience and Fernando Gil have done stem cell treatment and used LLLT on the side and have gotten great results after about 4 month of steady use.
      My story and contribution is on the last 3-4 pages.
      For best information about how all this LLLT works on the inner ear, u should visit Wildens own websites.
      I agree its very expensive...but so is everything that really works.
      A hearingaid is also very expensive and the only makes your hearing worse!
      Anyway...read the link....it worth it!!

16. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have to cut this up in small pieces, since u asked about alot and im affraid of loseing a text due to a computercrash and have to start all over! Not funny!

About your acid problem...i would like to inform u, that many doctors make wrong jugdements about ppl having to much acid, when its actually the oppesit. Then the give ppl drug to lower the acid in ppl who already have to little acid and this makes everything much worse.
      U could have a Thyroid problem as well.
      This is quite commen in women when the get older and more and more ppl are getting this due to all the drugs we use, pollution in water, air ect.
      If the Thyroid is not producing the correct amount of hormones (T3+T4 plus others) then u will get the symtoms u discibe.
      Like cant sleep, low or high metabolisem, bad digistion, loseing hair...and this list just goes on and on forever.
      I REALLY suggest u look up "problems with the thyroid" and studie the symtoms for your own good.
      If u have the slightes doubt there might be something to this, go get a bloodtest and specify u want them to check up on your T3 and T4 which is thyroid related and of course talk to your doctor about this before.
      Problem is, most normal doctors dont have a Fu***** clue about this stuff.
      The know about the flue and how to give u antibiotics and thats about it.
      Funny thing is, iv NEVER been told by a doctor that when given pencilin or antibiotics, u HAVE to take Bifido bacteria on the side.
      Cus otherwise it will kill most of the good bacteria in your gut and that will lead to low/bad immunesystem that again lead to YOU beeing wide open to beeing infected with all kinds of infections and what have u.
      One might conclued from this, that doctors wants to "keep there customers" like any other salesman.

Disgusting!!!

17. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Im only taking betaserc until i start getting good results from the LLLT.
      So i already know im only gonne be taking this nasty stuff for a few more month maybe.
      I dont have any problems with my stomach and have been taking the pills on both full and empty stomach.
      I knew the pills was not gonna cure the tinnitus..this was never the point either.
      Only a restoring of your hearing can do this from what iv seen so fare and thats where the LLLT comes in.
      The LLLT boost the bodys own healing of the earcells and this is a very slow progcess and even slower Obv. Without LLLT.
      Ppl who get tinnitus and dont use LLLT, will most likely only get worse and worse hearing and more tinnitus.
      This is pretty simple actually.
      Its the same with your mucles. If u keep lifting heavy weights and dont provide the energi for the muscle to heal afterwards, then the muscle will get smaller and smaller.
      This is because u actually break down muscletissue when u work out and then rebuild with good food and rest, so the muscle can grow and get better/stronger until next time u workout.
      But with not anough energy, its gonna go south.

The same with the cells in your ears.
      Kids these days listen to loud music in headphones all day and this sucks up the energy in the cells in the ear.
      Over time (years) this will lead to lower hearing and lower hearing leads to tinnitus when the cells a one point gets so drained, that the give up.
      But to start with, this will only be a low tinnitus and u can learn to live with it and foirget it during the day.
      But ppl still live in the same loud cityes, listening to music on there headphones all day...until one day u wake up and the tinnitus is now so bad, that there is no escape and only THEN are ppl starting to worry and be willing to do something about it.
      I was this stupid myself...so im not pointing any fingers here.

The key to healing is now simple, now that we know the stuff about how the muscle works.
      U protect your ears from every day noise useing earplugs, so the ears dont waste energy on stupiud none importent sounds, while u on the other hand provide them with a boost of laser, so the cells can make more ATP (energy) in a faster rate.
      The haircells might not heal/recover 100%. But the cell on which the hair grows will and to some extend the nerves that connects the cells to the brain...if i havent got this wrong.
      U might not get a 100% heal. But u can restore ALOT, compared to not doing anything and just keep going.
      Is this worth alot of money...to get your hearing back...not have to live with two blocks of hearingaid on each ear that sucks in more sound to a ear that is already screaming HEEELP...NO MORE LOUD SOUNDS PLZ!!!
      To me the answer is YES!

The reason beeing lifequallity.
      Hearingaids will slowly but surely keep your hearing getting worse and worse because of the above.
      U are only treating the symptoms, not the problem.
      So at one point u need a new hearingaid the is even more expensive and so on!

LLLT is reversing this bad trend and in most cases also remove the tinnitis.
      Cuz from what we know, reduced hearing = tinnitus.
      So if u restore hearing, then naturally the tinnitus should be reduced.
      Thats the idea behind it!
      But read the link in my first post.

If i have overlooked a question, then plz repeat :)

18. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Nick J.

Thanks for your response.
      I am going to arrange for a blood test having received a prescription from the useless doctor.
      Thats the way it has to be done in France.
      However I have looked up thyroid problems as per your suggestion and does not seem to be related at all apart from the anxiety, feeling very low, inability to stay asleep and feeling knackered all the time due to no more than 4 or 5 hours a night maximum.
      But does it not occur to you (it does me) that these things may ALL be due to the T in my ear or head?
      What do you think? They seem to be classic symptoms.....altho I may be missing something.

19. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yes u could be lucky its just because of tinnitus.
      Problem is, new studies shows a bad fucktioning thyroid also can lead to tinnitus.
      The thyroid is sooo important to just about everything in the body.

Your example is like if one have fungus in the toe.
      This could be really irretating and if it speads it might have influence on how u dress in the summer.
      Because it looks nasty and this makes your mood bad ect.
      So u are correct in saying that your mood gets bad because of the fungus in the toe.
      Problem is just that, most often toenail funges comes from candida overgrowth, which again comes (most often) from bad immunesystem, which again most often comes from recent use of antibiotics.

This is why i mention the thyroid as a possiblity.
      U have to look for the root.
      I dont have more time now.
      But it dident sound like u found very good info on the thyroid.

20. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Nick J.

By the way, I am wanting to look at the link you mentioned.
      But where exactly is it please. I have looked through your posts but dont know which one to open to get to your link that you mention. Please can you help me out here. Could you please tell me which post or on which date - I know that you said that it was in your first post but which first post as you have many posts - some on Charolottes web and some on LLLT but the ones on LLLT seem to be mostly responses by you to other peoples posts. So in the interest of helping one human being (ie me) please can i urge you to send me the link or tell me where it is exactly as I really want to read it and am deeply interested.

Thank you in advance

By the way, I read your last post just after I sent my above post so if it seems like I have ignored your last post, not at all, it is just that our posts crossed each other simultaneously.....

21. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Nick J.

I certainly understand and appreciate what you are saying. I will have that blood test and ask them to check for thyroid and B vit deficiencies and low magnesium etc...
      I have looked up the symptoms on line for over and under active thyroid and cannot see any thing relates to me apart from what i have already mentioned.
      In a way I would somehow prefer it to be thyroid, then there would be action on dealing with it instead of going to see under informed doctors or ENT docs who tell me that i have jaw misalignment and brain fatigue!!

22. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      In my post 6.52pm in this thread.

But seems like u already found the link.
      The link is for the info on LLLT and there u should read what those ppl i mentioned are writeing about according to tinnitus in use of LLLT.

23. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
    24. VanBill

VanBill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/06/1989
      I've had "central Tinnitus" and Musical Ear Syndrome with no hearing loss for twenty years plus so, for me, it has always been a neurological issue rather than a hearing damage issue (although something really did screw up my hearing at some point to cause the T in the first place). I was wondering if strains used to treat epilepsy, such as Charlottes Web, would work for me since what I have is basically a bunch of misfiring neurons which can be roughly equated as similar to epilepsy and decided to take the risk. I've been on 'CBD therapy' for the past 2 months and it has really worked for me.
      Now, I'm in Western Canada so luckily I have access to a good dispensary here, and I'm still trying new things, or at least routes of administration and strains, with some mixed -but otherwise excellent- results.
      Every morning I take a 20mg CBD cap which is basically a purpose grown hemp strain with no THC in powdered form and in the evening I'll smoke CBD cross marijuana (i.e. a high CBD strain is crossed with a 'regular' strain so there is still some THC but it's more akin to having a single glass of wine than getting drunk as a skunk). Ican't get pure dried High CBD strains that aren't a hybrid as much as I'd love too have access but the reason I chose to smoke is because of a theory called the "entourage effect" which you can Google if you like; the basic premise is that it isn't a question of CBD -OR- THC but about the interplay between CBD -AND- THC -AND- a number of other compounds, like turpines, found in whole Marijuana. This may be why pharmaceutically pure THC drugs like Marinol don't work as well as well as the 'messy' natural stuff. The combinations and levels of these various compounds in a plant are what gives individual strains their own unique character, taste, smell and (medical) effect. The difference between strains get's pretty complex; imagine if wine grapes or heirloom tomatoes could be bred to have very different medical effects based on colour or taste and you have a little window into how anal good marijuana growers can be and how complicated in can get
      I wouldn't get hung-up on specifically finding Charlotte's Web or Simpson's oil; there are other comparable products out there, some say better. There are other high CBD strains available too like Cannatonic or Harlequin but they all tend to be a little hard to find simply because breeding plants for high CBD has historically been counter-intuitive to growing for illicit recreational purposes and the CBD MM movement is still very much in it's infancy. Most of the medical marijuana you'll find is still geared towards pain management and other physiological symptoms rather than neurological and their high THC content can trigger or make worse previously existing anxiety and panic attacks in people with T. That isn't to say that there aren't other non CBD high strains that can help, ask any epileptic who's been smoking pot for the past twenty or thirty years and they'll have a bit of a private chuckle at your expense.
      So what has it done?
      Well, I was at my whit's end a few months back with one of the worst spikes in my life ("volume eleventy" as I called it) that suddenly got worse to a new personal best of "twelvty" just when I thought it couldn't get worse. I've tried various other 'Pams and SSRI's in the past, didn't work for me, nothing to lose right? Medical marijuana stopped the anxiety loop my body was going through almost immediately. Minutes I'm talking here, not hours, weeks or days. No side-effects. I could have cried it was that overwhelming.
      I'm also slowly noticing a whole bunch of other stuff like the fact that my bowels feel healthier, my kidney and liver function are better, I'm losing weight, the somatic pain and burning I had in my ears is gone, I feel more clear headed and rational, my T induced ADD is gone etc. My T spike has subsided slowly and -even better- gone back to the level it was twenty years ago and I often forget it's there. I haven't had any Musical Ear Syndrome in two months now. Result!
      In it's essence I think what is happening for some of us is that T is interpreted by the more primitive part of our brain that controls autonomous reactions as the constant sound of an impending threat. Our body acts accordingly and is kept in a state of fight or flight indefinitely. Do that for long enough and eventually the body starts damaging itself in various ways like storing fat, inflammation, hyper-vigilance and maybe even hyperacusis. The system that normally regulates this, our endocannabinoid system, becomes exhausted and eventually starts to shut down and says "I give up! You deal with it!" handing the responsibility over to the lower functioning part of our brain rather than the high functioning logical part. The ECS is remarkable because it is the only bit in the nervous system that essentially has the ability to communicate backwards at the neurons firing up signals of pain, terror etc. to the brain and can say to them "Shut the f*ck up and go to sleep". Lose that ability and you start to get into trouble and the body starts to damage itself in an effort to save the more important bits.
      The ECS is comlpicated and I'm not going to dumb it down or try to put it into laymen's terms -because I'm still trying to figure it out myself- but I'm beyond happy with the results so far.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1