Dental tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paint girl, May 23, 2013.

1. Paint girl
      Artistic

Paint girl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident/ head injury.
      I acquired tinnitus first in 1993 after a few years exposure to mold, which triggered a terrible sinus problem. When we moved, it took a few years for my sinuses to heal and then I noticed a noise for the first time. It was suttle enough that I could ignore it most of the time, but when I was stressed it became louder.
      The real problem started 6 weeks ago when I went and had extensive work done on a back molar. From that time I have had a humming ringing and vibrating sensation in my ear area. It seems my whole head is involved. It is very hard for me to cope. Some days when I am strong I feel optimistic, but other days I am not coping very well.
      I have a question for anyone who might have aquired tinnitus from dental work, does it subside in time? Would getting the molar pulled help? I was thinking that since it was such a deep filling maybe the nerve is being iratated and pulling it would stop that. But at the same time I am so afraid to go to a dentist again and I need some more dental work done. I would love some ideas, it is a tough road alone.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paint girl
      Artistic

Paint girl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My tinnitus is caused by dental work I had on a back molar almost 7 weeks ago. I talked to a friend of a friend who happens to be a dentist and studies natural medicines and therapies on the side, he said that there could be nerve damage and that alpha lipoic acid is essential for healing nerves, along with your B's. He said there is a good possiblility that it will heal over time. Nerves are not fast healers. Also massage therapist who are trained in facial muscles could help if the damage is from prolonged jaw opening. So if your tinnitus is caused by dental work, there may be hope.
      I certainly need it as today is a very tough day and I'm feeling defeated and over tired from lack of sleep due to .... you guessed it..... tinnitus.

3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I once had a back molar filled and it gave me sensations for about half a year (after being filled). Not tinnitus though.

Dental work has caused some people's tinnitus to worsen, but the majority of these cases resolve on their own in time. By resolving I mean the tinnitus subsiding back to the previous level. I have a hard time remembering anyone here or elsewhere whose tinnitus permanently (>1 year) stayed at the higher level after dental procedures.

How long it takes to get better, I don't know. Mine did in about a half year.

It's an interesting thought whether pulling the tooth might help. To a layman such as myself, it wouldn't surprise me if it did. But I wouldn't consider replacing the back molar with a dental implant as an option until after a year or so.

So you're now taking ALA and B's?

It's good you still have days when you feel optimistic, as I think you should actually feel optimistic.

I admit that there are many folks here who've had tinnitus earlier and then something triggered it to become noticeably worse. Some say that their tinnitus eventually returned to the previous level, others say it didn't, but most in the latter group still are able to habituate.

You are in good presence here and I think you'll find lots of worthy stories & anecdotes that'll help you cope.

Are you currently able to sleep well? I can't emphasize enough how important sleep is, especially for tinnitus sufferers.

Take care,
      Markku

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paint girl
      Artistic

Paint girl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the encouragement, I need it. Sometimes I sleep ok, I find melatonin helps. Last night was rough though. Yeah I think this is a good current sight to find like people. I sympathies with everyone. Hey have you heard of the tinnitus miracle. Does it work? I watched some utube videos where people claim it helped.

5. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      It doesn't. It's unbelievably well marketed though. Even when you google for "tinnitus miracle scam", many fabricated sites come up where the internet marketers behind the sites have created "success stories".

It's gone to such lengths that there are nowadays many real people on YouTube telling about the eBook and claiming it's wonderful.

(The truth is that there's a link in their video descriptions with an affiliate link to the Tinnitus Miracle site, and they make lots of money.)

There is a thread about Tinnitus Miracle in the Alternative Treatments section here on TT. Check it out.

It isn't a scam in the same sense as some products are, because the eBook does contain some OK information, but it isn't a MIRACLE. It contains nothing you can't find here on TT or other tinnitus sites.

Save your money and buy a bottle of those supplements your dentist acquaintance suggested, instead. You'll be better off.

Best wishes,
      Markku

• Like Like x 1