Dr. De Ridder, et al.; An Integrative Model of Auditory Phantom Perception

Discussion in 'Research News' started by daedalus, Apr 22, 2013.

1. daedalus

daedalus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Ok, this is just a pubmed abstract but i found a few facts interesting. Big names with years of experience are copublishing a paper. And De Ridder is still lead author of a tinnitus paper while using his coordinates in New Zealand. Means he hasn't totally left the ship. In fact i recall an interview where he said he could devote much more of his times to research after he moved.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23597755

• Like Like x 1
    2. Aisling

Aisling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/9/12
      What sort of research is De Ridder going to do in New Zealand. In what way are they looking at it?

3. SISKO
      Suicidal

SISKO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HI Daedalus,

I know you from YUKU Forum. So you are a well informed person like many here.

Dont you think this papers are only bla bla ? I mean they published so many papers and articles, but finally they still have no clue where this phantom sounds occur?

Sometimes I feel, that they just like to publish something, without any real News or understanding - mostly they claim that tinnitus is much more complex as they expected in the beginning.

SISKO

• Like Like x 1
    4. Aisling

Aisling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/9/12
      When people are working in research they have to publish so many papers or they get slapped in the wrist. So they end up doing research and papers just for the sake of doing research. That's what I think. But I am not saying that's what has happened here just that it does happen and then there ends up being a lot of bad work too