EMF/RF and Tinnitus — Research and Discoveries

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, May 24, 2012.

1. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I decided to start a new thread about this since I have several threads which address a possible connection to tinnitus and the harmful effects of EMF/RF we are bombarded with at an ever increasing rate. Everyone just about has a cell phone, a microwave and oodles of electronic gadgets, entertainment components and TVs. I thought it best to post any research, methods to mitigate the radiation effects, etc. and share my experiences I am encountering regarding this topic.

I have been busy researching this as well as trying various methods and technologies/products to see if I am hypersensitive to the effects of EMF (electromagnetic frequencies), RF (radio frequencies) and microwave frequencies and that could - could - be the reason I just can't eliminate the varying degrees of tinnitus volume and awareness in my head. I tend to believe that the various methods I have been doing to rid my body of this "noise", which includes UST is being counteracted or aggravated by EMF. I will explain why I think that in the next post.

The Neuropsychologist's words of "EMF" as a cause still rings clear in my mind as a possible cause of tinnitus sufferers, so I am proactively trying to determine if that could be my situation. I realize that EMFs may absolutely not be the cause of everyone's tinnitus, but could be mine.... or others that have no apparent identifying cause such as hearing loss, age, medication, loud noises, etc. Something is preventing me from maintaining the occasional tinnitus free moments I am experiencing. My tenacity for being tinnitus free is driving me through various searches, experiences and expense. I can only go with my intuition and hunches right now and apply what I am finding experientially to see what works or at least gets me to that negligible tinnitus place of quiet as a pin drop pinging that comes and goes.

On to the next post for more experiences and research.... and probably other stuff I am finding relevant.

I would love to hear from others about any experiences regarding this topic.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      My observations.....

When I get out of the shower after using the new shower head which has tourmaline, germanium and other minerals which produce negative ions, I am clear of tinnitus for minutes or so. The volume increases slowly though.

I stopped using my cell phone and headset to play back my UST protocol during my work days for the past two days... it's been two glorious days of very very low tinnitus. I did this purposely as cell phones produce huge amounts of EMFs and I wanted to see what would happen.

When I went to sleep I placed the cell phone away from my head (about three-four feet) last night and woke with less volume on the "noise" in the head. Nice! I usually had my cell phone charging overnight next to my bedside shelf (about 1-2 feet).

I am using a negative ion generator USB plug in my computer at work and at home. The tinnitus doesn't increase as much now as it did when I would use the computer for hours at a time.

I would notice that my tinnitus was clear for short periods and just a quiet ping at work when I was not near my computer or had my cell phone next to my body due to being too busy with other work.

I use an negative ionizer in the car (fits in the cigarette plug). I got it at the local auto quick stop place. AutoZone.

I ordered several negative ionizer wall socket plugs for the house and work. Haven't gotten them yet. The negative ions counteract the positive ions that the computers and other electrical equipment generate that is not so good for one's health.

I ordered a product called Aulterra-EMF-Neutralizer-Protection for cell phones, microwaves, etc. Amazon has them. I scoured the web for reviews, testimonies and product science. I read the scientific testing and even the patent application and report. I watched You tubes galore on Aulterra, EMF protection and everything EMF. I called the company and emailed with questions.

One question I gave them to chew on was whether the other technology device they have that works on the whole house wiring system by using a wall socket with this technology would interfere with the negative ion generators I was going to use. They are getting back to me tomorrow morning as they had to research that particular negative ion product and make a determination.

This technology is very interesting and I can see why the need for a patent. I am still in research mode for this, but am kind of excited if this will give me any kind of relief at all. EMFs damage the DNA, so I will only benefit one way or another from it's use.

I sorted through many pages and pages of documentation and feel it is not psuedo science. Whether it helps my tinnitus recovery or not only time will tell when I put it to use. I did read one skeptic report about this and will ask tomorrow about that.

I just hope that this tinnitus is not a permanent affliction. I don't sense that it is though. I have too many instances where I am clear of it for minutes at a time. If just one person is helped with any of my "journey" I would be absolutely joyous!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Jon Wayne

Jon Wayne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I don't log in much here lately, but when i do and happen to read one of the posts by "calin" my brain starts to slowly melt with every line i read, this guy has too much free time but no common sense.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I remember that you gave me a negative comment months ago with something I posted as well.

May I suggest that you spare your "brain" (as you stated) from melting by skipping my posts? I don't read every post here and am not required to. Also, I post only positive and supporting posts which is a very huge purpose for this forum.

haha... I see your avatar is a picture of a nude... a woman, but your name Jon is usually attributed to men. Scratching my head on that one! :confused: Perhaps that is why you called me a guy when I have many times indicated through posts that I am a 60 - soon to be 61 - year old woman. I am not some loon as you may think, although I can laugh at myself. I try not to take myself so seriously as I am endeavoring to get through my life in a more relaxed and go with the flow manner. I have been a chamber of commerce president and head of a very large community volunteer organization (among on the boards of many college and other community organizations). I have numerous certificates from state and federal legislature officials for exemplary community volunteerism and have owned my own business for over 20 years. I was a manager of a very very large company for 25 years before retiring. My grandparents wanted me to be a member of the Mensa Society when I was young, but my mom refused to allow that. That means my IQ is quite high. My brain melts too sometimes!!! ;)

Common sense??? Please explain what that means to you.

I regret Jon that you find I melt your brain. Perhaps you could find more kindness in your heart and compassion for others experiencing tinnitus. Or maybe exercise less judgement about others. Negativity in the heart and mind will only lead to manifestations of physical illness and dis-ease in the body.

We are all trying to live through this annoying experience the best way we can. Ease up on me if you will be so kind please ......... thank you for your attention.

PS... no, I don't have too much free time. I work 6 days a week as I am a small business owner and have not had a decent vacation in 20 years since I retired from my other job. I write here in the hopes of sorting out this tinnitus thing as this has been a challenging experience for me and my 60 year health history. I nor anyone else including scientists and the medical field can get a handle on this tinnitus issue. Perhaps you can give it a go!

If you have read through all this, I hope what brain is left after your melting of it will not have melted any further! :D

Have a pleasant Memorial holiday. Hope to chat again soon! You may tease me all you want. I am not affected by others opinions as that is all it is and has nothing to do with me. It does however have everything to do with you. I wish only the best for you.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I woke last night to a louder tinnitus sound in my head... about 1am. But when I awoke this morning it was noticeably softer. Yea! I moved all electronic components (IPod dock/clock radio, cordless phone, cell phone) further away from my head by my bed last night to avoid close proximity to the emitting EMFs.

Oh, I forgot to mention... I have a negative ion generator night light plugged in my bedroom. It is too far away from my head when sleeping to provide a lot of direct negative ions. But, I feel it does provide more than what I had in the room previously.

6. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      An inspiring response to an unnecessarily negative post. We all have bad days I guess, but do let's try to be positive and avoid personal attacks. As Calin says, the T is hard enough as it is! In other words, "Keep It Classy".

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Another observation from last night. When I shut down my computer and went to bed, I noticed the T faded to a light ping. But.... I had to play my android cell phone game as I always do before turning off the light. That may have been why I woke up to a louder than a ping tinnitus sound in my head when I woke at 1 am.

I can't wait until this Aulterrra Neutralizer comes so I can put it on my cell phone. I am hoping that will help.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Yes I realize that this site sells products, but I appreciate the references to official statements, first hand accounts and opinions about EMFs and electrosensitivity. http://www.emfnews.org/EMFs-and-Electrosensitivity.html

EMFs and Electrosensitivity

Did you know that EMFs generated by common AC appliances and wireless microwave radiation is a major cause of many forms of environmental illness? A collapsed immune system is a common characteristic of people diagnosed with illnesses like fibromyalgia, chronic fatique, cancer and even AIDs. This impairment of the immune system can be partially attributed to the stress created by EMFs. The immune system can heal and regenerate once this chronic stress is removed.

More research on the influence of EMFs on the human immune system is being done due to the modern world's growing awareness of the hazards of EMF exposure. In October of 2004 the World Health Organization sponsored a conference on EMFs and Electromagnetic Sensitivity. Electrosensitivity is a real condition with symptoms such as headaches, stress, sleep disorders, fatique, skin conditions and tinnitus. If you've had symptoms like these and haven't been able to find relief, you now know that electrosensitivity is a real disease. And it can be treated by minimizing the EMF exposure.

Sarah-Kate Templeton, a Medical Correspondent states:
      "The condition known as electro sensitivity, a heightened reaction to electrical energy, will be recognized as a physical impairment. A report by the Health Protection Agency (HPA), states that increasing numbers of British people are suffering from this syndrome. While the total figure is not known, thousands are believed to be affected to some extent."

Blake Levitt's book, Electromagnetic Fields, gives a summary of the scientific research that's been done on chronic EMF stress. People who were overexposed to electromagnetic fields as children tend to suffer from environmental illnesses like chronic fatique, impaired ability to fight infection and difficulty concentrating. An article in the Toronto Now Magazine published March 9, 2006, describes the electrosensitive person thusly:

"There's something lonely about parties. Especially if you're one of the few who isn't celebrating. And as laptop lovers citywide rejoice in the announcement that downtown Toronto will be a wireless Internet hot spot by the fall, critics worry that we may be feeding a new form of smog that hangs in the air without a trace and makes a growing number of us sick: electrical pollution. Whether it's fluorescent lights, cell phones or computer screens, more and more of us are realizing that the technology we've welcomed into our homes and offices is making us ill. According to stats from Sweden and Britain, about 2 or 3 per cent of the population suffers from potentially debilitating electro-hypersensitivity, or EHS. Symptoms are all over the map, and include nausea, headaches, chronic fatigue, chronic pain, tinnitus and rashes, to name a few.

"Researchers also say that many more, over a third of us, are a little electrosensitive and just don't know it, blaming restless nights, office brain fog and Motrin moments on everything but our electrified environment.

"I've never seen anything from industry except blanket assurances from their PR departments, says the Brock U Prof. This is the identical strategy used by the tobacco industry in the 50s and 60s.

"I wonder how many people out there are being misdiagnosed, asks Martin Weatherall, a retired Toronto cop who started developing a ringing in his ears and headaches when he moved into a new home. They're being harmed by their electrical environments, and doctors are just sending them to a psychiatrist."

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Everyday Items Causing Tinnitus

• Jun 21, 2009

The life style is one of the reasons for tinnitus and by changing this, patients suffering from Tinnitus can be cured.
      The patient sufferings from Tinnitus become crazy suffering from the ringing of the ears every day and finally find one day that the cause of it is something that the patient does all day long. For some patients certain things they do everyday become the culprit for the disease like tooth brushing. Tooth paste may sometimes cause tinnitus for some ones. It contains some chemicals which may give some side effects Since toothpaste is used legally does not make a person come to a conclusion that it cannot produce negative effects.

Tooth pastes come in different varieties depending upon whether the user is a kid or adult so the effect of the tinnitus causing power also varies. Toothpaste for sensitive teeth has potassium which is the cause for hair cell function. Using organic or natural toothpastes is harmless as they do not contain synthetic ingredient and are available in pharmacies and health shops. A pinch of baking soda and salt is the best remedy for avoiding toothpaste. They do the same action as tooth paste and only difference is toothpaste gives lot of lather.

EMI is one of the common causes for Tinnitus and for those who already have it, it worsens the disease. The cellular phone and WiFi are the two electronic appliances which emit electromagnetic radiation. Answering the questions like when and how it started will answer the cause for tinnitus. Whether the cause of tinnitus is EMI has to be analyzed first by taking special attention to the life style. Another way of finding the cause is to see if the patient feels sick. Finding the cause is important before going for treatment.

http://www.articlesbase.com/hearing-articles/everyday-items-causing-tinnitus-984504.html

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Cell Phones – If You Don’t Get Cancer You Could Get Tinnitus

Posted by Lloyd on October 29, 2010 under Cell phone radiation danger

Could cell phones cause Tinnitus? This might sound like an exaggeration, but its not read on……
      Tinnitus always felt to me like a disease that only the elderly get, I remember when I was at school my aged woodwork teacher was off work for weeks with it. Not true, you can contract tinnitus at any age, and now it seems of you are a regular cell phone user the chances of getting this disease are much higher.

So what is tinnitus? It’s an auditory condition whereby the sufferer is bombarded with a orchestra of ringing, buzzing, wailing, or sounds that mimic far off human voices. It can be only a faint, background disturbance, or it can so overwhelm the hearing that the person will almost be deaf to normal noise – sounds like something out of the movie “A Nightmare on Elm Street”, I know. These sounds exist only in the ears of the person who has tinnitus, they are not external noises. Tinnitus can be caused by many different things, such as heavy aspirin use, a blow to the head, antibiotics, or ear infections.

When a cell phone is being used, it is generally held right up against the ear, exposing the auditory nerve to electromagnetic radiation. It does not even take prolonged cell phone use to induce tinnitus, either, a short ten minute call every day can be enough to trigger this uncomfortable condition. A recent study shows that cell phone use can raise the possibility of developing tinnitus by 71%, yes I said 71%!

Although researchers are still uncertain why cell phone use causes tinnitus, they believe that the problem lies with the cochlea. The cochlea is located in our inner ear and is a fluid-filled organ that transmits sound to the brain. There are tiny hairs lining the cochlea which help to change the sound vibrations entering the cochlea into electrical signals that will be sent on to the brain. These hairs are very delicate, and it is damage to these hairs that can contribute to tinnitus.It is quite likely that the waves of electromagnetic radiation when the cell phone is pressed to the ear will cause damage to those delicate hairs, which can then cause tinnitus.
      But tinnitus is not the only problem. Click here to see thousands of studies on cell phone hearing loss.
      I know its asking a lot to give up your cell phone, but there things you can do to protect yourself.Practicing a few simple procedures while using your cell phone can help to protect you and your family from tinnitus. While certainly not life-threatening, tinnitus is an annoying, persistent condition that can cause irritability, insomnia, and panic attacks, as well as reducing the ability to hear well.
      http://electricsense.com/1084/cell-phones-if-you-don’t-get-cancer-you-could-get-tinnitus/

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      GR_PR_healthdaylogo153x52.jpg
      By Steven Reinberg
      HealthDay Reporter
      MONDAY, July 19 (HealthDay News) -- Regular cell phone use may increase the risk of developing persistent ringing in the ear -- a condition known as tinnitus, a small Austrian study suggests.
      But one U.S. ear specialist called the data used for the study "very weak," adding that the study failed to prove a connection between cell phone use and tinnitus.

The study's lead researcher, Dr. Hans-Peter Hutter of the Institute of Environmental Health at the Medical University of Vienna, said "high intensity, long duration of mobile phone use might be associated with occurrence of tinnitus. Therefore, we are recommending a far more conscious and cautious way of using mobile phones."

The study authors cited studies showing that tinnitus affects 10 percent to 15 percent of people in the developed world, and they said that number is increasing. The condition can severely affect quality of life for many sufferers, and little can be done to reduce the troublesome ringing, hissing or roaring.

For the study, published online July 19 in the journal Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Hutter's team studied 100 people treated for chronic tinnitus and 100 without it. The participants were asked a variety of questions about their cell phone use.
      Based on the participants' responses, the researchers estimated that people who used a cell phone before the first symptoms of tinnitus appeared were 37 percent more likely to develop the condition than those in the control group. Also, people who used their cell phone for at least 10 minutes a day were 71 percent more likely to develop tinnitus than the other study participants.

Most people in the study used their cell phones on both ears, but tinnitus typically affected one ear -- 38 percent of participants mentioned the left ear and about the same percentage said it distressed them most of the time. Twenty-nine percent reported also suffering from vertigo, or dizziness.

The researchers said that the high amount of microwave energy being absorbed by the cochlea in the inner ear might explain the possible connection.

Hutter said loud noise is the main risk factor for tinnitus. But, he added, "we are observing a widespread use of mobile phones and an increasing intensity of use. Therefore, even a small enhancement of the risk by mobile phone use could be of public health importance."
      Dr. Thomas J. Balkany, director of the University of Miami Ear Institute, said this study failed to show that using cell phones causes tinnitus.
      "The data are very weak," Balkany said. "They [the study authors] haven't looked into the common causes of tinnitus in the kind of detail that would be necessary. These include stress and anxiety and depression, [and] the huge impact of MP3 players," he said.
      A weak relationship seems to exist between tinnitus and cell phone use, Balkany said, "but it's not causative in any way."
      A much larger study would be needed to determine whether cell phones really can cause tinnitus, he said.
      Hutter said protective measures are easily implemented to protect hearing. These include discouraging cell phone use by children and teenagers, using headsets, and reducing the number and length of cell phone calls.
      More information
      To learn more about tinnitus, visit the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
      Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      German Doctors: Restrict Wireless Technology

In Germany, over 1,000 doctors have signed a petition (the Freiburger Appeal) calling for severe restrictions on wireless technology because they are seeing such a dramatic increase in certain diseases and symptoms in their patients. They can only attribute these symptoms to ambient microwave radiation and cell phone electromagnetic radiation.
      The diseases include:
      • attention deficit disorder
      • extreme fluctuations in blood pressure
      • heart arrhythmias
      • heart attacks and strokes (all in young people)
      • Alzheimer's Diseases
      • epilepsy
      • leukemia
      • and brain tumors
      The symptoms include:
      • headaches
      • migraines
      • chronic fatigue
      • agitation
      • sleep disorders
      • tinnitus
      • nervous and connective tissue pains of unexplained origin
      • and susceptibility to infection<
      The appeal calls for:
      • massive reduction in exposure limits
      • no further expansion of cell phone technology
      • cell phone and antenna-free zones
      • ban on cell phone use by children
      • and ban on cell phones and digital cordless phones in schools, hospitals, nursing homes, public buildings and public transportation
      The UK Government discourages children under 16 from using cell phones. This is because their brains are more susceptible to cell phone electromagnetic radiation damage since they are still developing and their skulls are thinner.
      http://www.alternative-magnetic-therapy.com/cell-phone-electromagnetic-radiation.html

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I found this graph from testing of the Neutralizer that was easily copied.

graph.gif

14. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Thanks, Calin! I was just reading your post above about toothpaste causing tinnitus. My dental hygienist recently recommended Sensodyne toothpaste for me, and I've been using it for about 3 weeks now. Haven't noticed an increase in tinnitus yet, but that article makes me want to reconsider what I'm using.

Here's a link about toothpaste and tinnitus:
      http://deafness.about.com/b/2004/09/02/brush-teeth-lose-hearing.htm

If anyone out there is using Sensodyne, please read this!

15. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      There is alot to be said about treating others how you want to be treated. Alot of what Calin posts is potentially very usefull information for anyone who will look into it that dosen't already know about it. The EMF issue is shockingly similar to the smoking issue when everyone use to think it was a harmless habit but obviously now we know different. I would encourage you to do you more of your own research into this.

If Calin does somehow find something which can potentially help us all I think you will regret being so rude to her. if more people spent as much time into alternative research I believe we could potentially find a usefull treatment sooner rather then later.

Calin keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
    16. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Some Holistic dentists say while it can be usefull Toothpaste is actually not essential to getting teeth clean and all you need is a good brushing technique. However if you like jusing toothpaste I would personally suggest making your own as it will have none of the nasty chemicals that commercial toothpastes have. See below for how to do this with only 3 simple ingredients.

Make your own Toothpaste

I would also invest in a Sonicare Ultrasound Toothbrush as that is what I use without any toothpaste and my teeth have never been cleaner. I would also get a blotting toothbrush as they are designed to remove the plaque in between the tooth and the gum. Normal brushing does not actually get rid of this plaque and can push it further into the gum causing various types of gum diseases. Here is a video on the Blotting technique which I use as well as a Sonicare toothbrush along with flossing.

Dr Joseph Phillips (1922 - 2003) explains The...

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Karen, as I posted that information on the toothpaste, you came to mind. I am so glad you saw that.

So, Molan and Karen, why not start a new thread in this alternative section about the toothpaste hazards. I think some may be interested to see the information, and a separate thread would certainly get more people to see it. I appreciate your findings and adding them to the growing list of potential causes of tinnitus. Wow! Good stuff!

Molan, I use Sonicare Ultrasound as well. Have for as long as they have manufactured them. High five for similarities!!!!

I switched toothpaste and mouthwash to Vita-Myr. I think I mentioned that somewhere here. The ingredients in the toothpaste is distilled water, Di-calcium, phosphate, glycerin, Xylitol, Silica. sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, carrageenan, myrrh extract, clove oil, folic acid, grapefruit seed extract, zinc picolinate and coenzyme Q10. The mouthwash has only zinc picolinate, folic acid, clove oil, myrrh and distilled water.

18. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks to both of you, Calin and Molan, for this great information. I'm glad to have read this today --- looks like I'll definitely stop using the Sensodyne, and try some of these other suggestions instead. I hope others read all this information, as well.

Regarding the use of cellphones and other electronice devices, I go to a naturopath, and one of the first things she advises her patients is to remove all electromagnetic fields from the sleeping environment. She advises that no strong electomagnetic field be within a 10-foot radius of one's bed, in all directions. This includes TV's, computers, cordless phones, recharging cell phones transformer plugs, and anything that heats up, such as an electric blanket or clothes dryer. Also, your sleeping environment should be at least 10 feet away from any electric meter or breaker box for your home. Wireless routers should be turned off at night. Everything else, such as clocks, radios, etc., should be at least 4 feet away from your bed.

Makes sense to me! EMF's are all around us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Fascinating article about the future use of Aulterra technology in computer equipment. Sun Microsystems is working with them. That would be great if we could buy computer components with less dangerous levels of radiation.

http://www.aulterra.com/pdf/GWENN_article.pdf

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Yep!!!!

Hmmm... turn off the wireless router. Never though of that.

I am getting the Whole House Neutralizer wall socket plug to use for anything plugged in. Plus I have the other disks I will use on them if I feel I need to boost the neutralizing effects. I think I will move the electrical stuff farther from my head in bed now that you gave more guidance on it. Thanks!

21. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, anything we can do to neutralize the effects of EFM's will help. Keep us posted on your continued efforts. Maybe a lot of us are hypersensitive to EFM's, and it is aggravating our already existing tinnitus.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Don’t spend hours on mobile: Indian Health minister
      Mumbai Mirror (23.7.2009)
      Excessive use of mobile phones can lead to problems like deficient hearing and tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Study done by Indian scientists indicates that sorineural deafness (loss of hearing due to damage to sensors in inner ear) can occur in 25-30% of people using mobile phones for more than two hours a day over a two-year period, besides causing burning sensation in the ear and headaches. In addition, DNA damage, low sperm count leading to infertility and reduction in testis size in rats has also been reported. The health minister therefore advices for not using mobile phones for more than one hour a day. http://eliehouse.wordpress.com/2010/12/17/cell-phones-and-microwave-exposure/

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Woke up with very low T sound. I think what I am doing intentionally regarding avoiding and neutralizing EMFs for the past couple of days is helping. Thanks Karen for the suggestions.

The Whole House Neutralizer has been plugged in to the electrical system via wall socket for 2 nights. I have one plugged in at my business as well. I have 3 negative ion wall plugs going in the house along with the USB ones for the two PCs I have. The Whole House Neutralizer may take up to 3 days to re-tune the system. One more day to go for full effect of neutralizing the electrical wiring and components in the house and business.

I will more than likely receive my Neutralizer disks after this holiday on Tuesday. They will be placed on my android cellphone, microwaves, wifi, cable boxes, flat screen TVs, laptop, etc. I am hoping that this neutralizing of EMFs and RF (and microwaves) will further help diminish the T in time... or even better pretty quickly.

I am going to try the other product from Aulterra called Enhance. I will post something on that on the next post.

I am not sure, but I may be going through a kind of detox. My urine Ph was been really good for a couple of days and then just took a dive (more acidic) yesterday and this morning. I am feeling a bit queasy and low energy. I don't feel like I am getting sick though. Or It could be a carb hangover from the chocolate truffles and bag of veggie puffs wolfed down yesterday! haha

24. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, Calin,

It certainly does sound like you've covered all the bases in neutralizing your environment of EMFs! Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. Yes, it does kind of sound like you're going through a detox. Could it be from the whole house neutralizers, or something else? Hard to say, but maybe there is something to that (changing the positive ions to negative ones, that is).

Yesterday, I went for another ion detox footbath, and I must admit that I felt totally wiped out afterward. I'm still feeling a little like that today, as well. I'm still wondering if the ions had an effect. (My tinnitus got worse yesterday, and seems better today).

Will be interested to hear how all these changes to your environment continue to affect your tinnitus.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Oh good Karen! It is nice when just a little bit of relief in the T blesses us. What is this ion detox treatment entail?

Today I went to a late breakfast with family at an outside bistro. I didn't notice the T. Then after that went to the theater to see Men in Black 3 and didn't notice it there either. So, I guess that means that the T was so low it was beyond my focus and attention. However, I noticed that the sound was a bit harsh on the opening theme and I closed my ears for a bit. I can get hyper sensitive now with high and certain other pitches of things. I think it is also my natural defense mechanism to avoid more invasive loud noises.

With any detox, drinking lots of good water helps flush out the toxins so one feels betters sooner. I guess you already know that.

I am avoiding using my cell phone until I can get the disk out on my phone. I am doing so well that I don't want to have an increase in volume. Any increase now really is annoying and distracting.

I'll keep you posted! ;)

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Karen, I am also going too go slowly with this other Aulterra product... I am going to take it in a powder form so I can ease into it. Being a quantum physics enthusiast, this appeals to me.... also because of other skills I have (or used is more like it before the T). ;) Since I am not on any medication that fits the warning description, but do take a heck of a lot of supplements, I will go slowly to see what this new stuff will do. Supposedly it "enhances" the effectiveness of pharmaceuticals and of nutrients from food and I would presume supplements.

Here is the blurb from the site I ordered it from......

Product Description

Aulterra is formulated from two naturally occurring trace mineral deposits, kelp; and a proprietary homeopathic succession process. It is a multifaceted, multidimensional product that promotes a higher octave of energy throughout the body, enabling the body to achieve states of health that may have been elusive in the past.
      Dr. David R. Hamilton states in his research paper; “Significant Enhancement of Pharmaceutical Ingredients via the Principle of Negative Entropy” that in his evaluation of numerous studies completed on Aulterra that Aulterra moves whatever it comes in contact with towards negative entropy. Aulterra moves matter/energy in the direction of greater unity and harmony. Dr. Hamilton further observes that the same quantum mechanics involved in any healing is identical to the radiant energy emitted from Aulterra. (Click here for further information on this research)
      Dr. Glen Rein Ph.D. in his laboratory study; “Conformational Changes in Human DNA Characterize the Radiated Energy from the Aulterra Formulation”, states that the energy of Aulterra puts the double helix of the DNA in a quantum oscillation pattern. This oscillation pattern generates radiant energy within itself.* Radiant energy is now capable of being produced by every cell in the body. Perhaps this is the mechanics behind what futuristic thinkers claim when they state that we are evolving into our Light bodies.* (Click here for further information on this research)
      Healing states of consciousness are known to be associated with coherent oscillatory EEG patterns in the brain. This energy is transferred from the healer to the patient and the coherent oscillation pattern of DNA is also observed.* So, Rein would concur with Hamilton that the energy of Aulterra is similar, if not identical to the energy a healer passes on to the patient.

Application

Since so much of Aulterra’s action in the body is improving the bioavailability of foods and other supplements, it is the only product in our Natural Monatomic Minerals line that we recommend to be taken with every meal. Either take one capsule with each meal, or sprinkle the powder, or spray the mineral essence directly on the food. This will increase the life force energy of the food, and move it to a higher resonance with the body.

Here is another link for more on this by Dr. David R. Hamilton.... http://www.inspiredliving.com/emf-protection/a~aulterra-pharmaceuticals-study.htm

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I moved my wifi and cable router another 3 feet or so from where I sit for the computer. I also got my Aultera powder and took one dose today. I haven't received my Aulterra Neutralizer disks for the EMF radiation equipment yet. :( My T is quite low right now so I will keep vigilance to see if it increases. Any increase is bothersome now. The other day it increased and I went into the shower to get some negative ions going and then stayed away from my computer for the rest of the day. Now that I have moved the wifi, I am hoping that it will perhaps identify if that is what is increasing my T.

The powder hopefully will start rewinding and correcting damage done to my DNA from the EMFs in a couple of days or so. I have read the patent n this stuff and am quite impressed.

28. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Calin you might want to consider ditching the Wi-fi and just using an old fashion cable instead. I have seen too many negative findings about the potential dangers of Wi-fi so have personally never upgraded to it. I would also switch off anything electrical in your bedroom including your mobile (Cellphone). If you need an alarm in the morning I would recommend a Sun alarm clock placed as far away from your bed as possible. You might want to consider an Earthing sheet as well as that has been shown to help protect against EMFs. Also beware of the electrical cableing in your walls as well. I know this sounds extreme but I shut off the electricity to my room at night as the cables in the walls are a major source of EMF pollution.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi Molan,
      I am doing what I can with the wifi, but it is needed for others. I personally don't need it and would love to get rid of it. I could disable the wifi for my 4g android though. Would that help degrease the radiation?

I am using the whole House Neutralizer for the electrical wiring and the components using it. I am adding the disk neutralizers to each major source of EMF when I get them.

I saw the sheets and I will consider one after I give time for these other things to work. Thanks for the suggestion Molan.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      (NaturalNews) The Office of National Statistics in the United Kingdom discovered a 50 percent increase in frontal and temporal lobe tumors in children during the ten year span covering 1999 to 2009. Was this a result of cell phone radiation?

The Department of Health in the UK would appear to think so. One in three children under the age of ten currently has a cellphone in their possession. The governmental agency put out the following statement: "Children should only use mobile phones for essential purposes and keep all calls short."

The facts: while adults definitely absorb some radiation from using cellphones, children are at considerably greater risk. When compared to adults, children's brains can take in up to three times the amount of radiation.

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) released their findings last year after going over huge amounts of data taken from dozens of studies: cellphones may cause cancer in humans. These findings were compiled from research that discovered using a cellphone for a decade increases the risk of developing acoustic neuromas in adults. It can be inferred from these findings the distinct possibility that similar, if not more devastating results, can occur in children due to:

• Brain tissue which is more conductive.
      • A thinner skull.
      • The ability for radiation to penetrate more effectively due to their smaller brains and softer brain tissue.
      • A longer period of exposure due to use beginning at an earlier age.

Could this be why almost 400 children a year in Britain are diagnosed with brain and spinal tumors? This equates to 1 in four of all registered childhood cancers.

Cellphones and Big Business

MobileWise, a non-profit organization from the UK whose mission is to inform the public about the potential risks to children from engaging in cell phone use, released a report in 2011 in which researchers expressed concerns. Why have cell phones been deemed safe when more than 200 peer-reviewed studies convey an association between cellphone usage and serious health complications, including brain damage?

Dr. Russell Blaylock, neurosurgeon and editor of The Blaylock Wellness Report, may have the answer. Blaylock shares, "There is considerable evidence that cellphones damage the brain as well as other tissues and organs. In fact, two of the scientists cellphone companies backed to do these studies were fired when their studies demonstrated DNA damage in all cells exposed to the wavelengths and energy from cellphones."

Half the studies on cellphone use and cancer report a link and half do not, leaving researchers conflicted. It's important to note; approximately three quarters of the studies conducted on whether cell phones are linked to the development of cancer are backed and funded by the cellphone industry.

MobileWise suggests helping children and parents minimize cell phone use by forcing the industry to step up. The organization's recommendations call for the industry to put out more user-friendly warning labels, implement the use of functions that place time restrictions on calls, and halt the aggressive marketing tactics aimed at children.

How many more young lives will be destroyed before governments have the courage to do their job and protect public health? The telecommunications industry should not be able to manipulate the facts and practical everyday guidelines to help prevent and/or minimize possibly deadly exposures for children need to be made conspicuously available to the public.

Sources for this article include:

http://www.childrenwithcancer.org.uk

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com

http://www.scribd.com

http://www.express.co.uk

About the author:
      Lloyd Burrell has spent the last 10 years researching the effects of electromagnetic fields on health, after becoming electrically sensitive in 2002. He now offers practical advice on "healthy living in our electromagnetic world". You can download his free EMF Health Report and subscribe to his newsletter by visiting his Cell Phone and EMF protection website. You can also follow him on Facebook and Twitter.
      Acoustic neuroma is a non-cancerous tumor that develops on the nerve that connects the ear to the brain. The tumor usually grows slowly. As it grows, it presses against the hearing and balance nerves. At first, you may have no symptoms or mild symptoms. They can include
      • Loss of hearing on one side
      • Ringing in ears
      • Dizziness and balance problems
      Acoustic neuroma can be difficult to diagnose, because the symptoms are similar to those of middle ear problems. Ear exams, hearing tests and scans can show if you have it.
      If the tumor stays small, you may only need to have it checked regularly. If you do need treatment, surgery and radiation are options. If the tumors affect both hearing nerves, it is often because of a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis. The tumor can also eventually cause numbness or paralysis of the face. If it grows large enough, it can press against the brain, becoming life-threatening.