Feeling Good?

Discussion in 'Support' started by theekarwash, Sep 20, 2014.

1. theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise and/or Ear Infeciton
      Hey TT.

I've had T for about 4/5 months now. It's been a very very tough road. I'm finally starting to feel normal again though. My T is still there, but I've finally just learned to not care so much. I don't know how, I don't know why. It's just not the first thing/last thing on my mind anymore, which is great.

I've been through depression since this started. I was very very tempted to go on anti-depressants. I'm only 19 so I felt like my life was over. I was at a loss. I said to my father that I wanted something to make me feel better, but he said that I should wait it out, and I'm so glad he did, because now I know I could get through it without drugs.

And I'm not totally cured, I still have bad days. I still get sad that the infernal T is still in my head.

BUT, I no longer think so much about it anymore, and that means I don't notice it as much, which means that I'm not as sad anymore. Which means, I'm feeling a lot better about everything again.

I just wanted to remind everyone that having T is not the end of the world. It doesn't matter how it started, it's not your fault and things WILL GET BETTER. Keep busy, do the things you love and try to stop living in fear (believe me, this was the hardest part for me). Take up a new hobby, play sports, read a book, watch a film, listen to music (quitely :) ) do something. I know it's easier said than done, believe me, but it helps, it really really helps.

I'm excited for the future, medicine and science seems to be heading in the right direction with Retigabine and AUT00063, so there is hope.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know and remind everyone, oldies and newbies here on TT, that things can and will get better. :)

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Right there with you young man. You will see effective treatment in your lifetime and hopefully mine.

3. pef

pef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/16/2013
      Sounds like you are on your way to getting your life back.

I'll make a friendly wager - if in our lifetime a cure is found, I bet when you read about it you probably won't care all that much, because by then your T will be a non-issue to you.

Best,
      Pef

4. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Cure or effective treatment?

5. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      effective treatment yes. Cure maybe for some kinds of T . but there's too many varieties of T to have a universal cure IMO

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Awesome first post, theekarwash. That is a success story post in itself. Hope you make a version of it to be posted there in the Success Story Forum. Many young people will find your post inspiring and hopeful. Keep it up young man. Enjoy life and the heck with T.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1