Food Triggers?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Emily, May 6, 2014.

1. Emily
      Badass

Emily Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can anyone see a pattern with these foods? All of these have caused me to spike really high in volume. I have some theories but first I want to see if anything sticks out to anyone else. Thanks for your insight!

Tap water
      Soy sauce
      Vinegar
      Chili (low salt, homemade no meat just beans, tomatoes, onions, garlic, chili powder)
      Blue cheese (wah!)
      Raspberries
      Strawberries
      Chick peas
      Seltzer water (carbonation? Flavoring?)
      Strawberries
      Black beans
      Quorn fake chicken (no longer eat)
      Chocolate
      Craisins
      Strawberry fruit by the foot (lol)
      Cherry lifesavers
      Smirnoff ice
      Citrus (including vitamin c supplements, orange juice, grapefruit)
      Cooked tomatoes (fresh seem to be fine wtf)
      Eggplant
      Triscuits
      Raw onion (not sure about this, just suspicious)

2. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      On this list, I see sugar, caffeine, nightshades, and acidic foods. Would try the anti inflammatory diet - low sugar, low salt. And go more alkaline - move away from acidic. Eat more natural fats like extra virgin olive oil also.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emily
      Badass

Emily Member

Tinnitus Since:
      My sister said the same thing about the acidic foods. I didn't think of that although it seems obviously now! lol. I was thinking sulfites and salicylates. Maybe wheat? I couldn't figure out the beans at all.
      Man, I hate to give up nightshades! I love tomatos! But I think you may be right...thanks for the tips! I am going to try to find an alkaline food chart and see if I can live with the food on that side of the spectrum...at least as an experiment.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. RileyGirl

RileyGirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2112
      I just saw this post and am eagerly reading it. I was just at the health food store picking up two supplements that I read on this forum that will help. The health food store owner told me to go more alkaline - that acid will cause muscle spasms in the ear which will cause the noise. He said drink Braggs apple cider vinegar with lemon and honey several times a day and check the acid and alkaline foods list and stick to it. So, maybe there is something to that!

5. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      he said go more alkaline and then told you to drink vinegar? That doesnt make sense

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. RileyGirl

RileyGirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2112
      He said it's like lemons - they are acids but when ingested they turn alkaline. He said only use Braggs Apple cider vinegar - it's the "mother" (the junk in it) that is alkaline. I checked his info out on google and it does everywhere that both lemon juice and Braggs are acids that make the body alkaline. But regular vinegar does not do the same thing.

7. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      The stomach is always highly acidic so you cant make it alkaline by drinking more acid. Even antacids cant do that.