Hearing Recovery Cases. Are There Any?

Discussion in 'Support' started by bwspot, Dec 28, 2014.

1. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Are there any cases where people would loose hearing and get tinnitus where audiogram would show loss at different frequencies and over time the hearing would comeback by itself and audiogram would get back to normal?

2. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      @bwspot Not unless there was a physical blockage. Inner ear hair cells cannot regenerate in mammals. Interesting they can in birds and reptiles.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Is phisical blockage usually the wax or it might be something else? Is it possible that there is a high frequency blockage only? My ringing is mostly stronger in left ear. Left ear feels full and sometimes it feels like some kind of pain inside and I still feel my tooth gums kind of swallen around the tooth that had a root canal. Dentist says its ok but i still feel it. Could i be slowly loosing hearing due to something being infected?

• Like Like x 1
    4. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      No I don't think so. Sadly the pain and fullness are typical in people with tinnitus. I experience it regularly and agree that the pain can be mistaken for a tooth pain. If you avoid loud noise it certainly helps, but the pain can be very unpredictable at times. It certainly won't cause you to lose your hearing so don't worry about that.

• Helpful Helpful x 1