Hello Everyone :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Is_Rosie, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Is_Rosie
      Swamped

Is_Rosie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Hi Everyone! :) I'm Rosie, I'm from Australia. I've only had tinnitus since March of this year. (about 6 months ago). It's always there, never goes away unless I'm sleeping. Or maybe I cant hear it if i'm in a loud room for a while....but it hasn't gone...

The tinnitus was first but then I started getting violent vertigo spells (and general instability and dizziness in between). I was then diagnosed with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. And I was given exercises and some times i think the vertigo has improved, but I keep getting it back again.

But the tinnitus never left...

My dad has severe Meniere's disease which is why we are not sure about mine. But Meniere's i am told has a slow onset whereas my vertigo came very frequently. Let me know your thoughts. Who has benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and does it just go away or is it recurring?

:)

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Hello Rosie and Welcome to TT!

It looks like no one has BPPV. But I was able to find some information on it, which hopefully helps.

First, there's a website that is dedicated to all balance disorders. You might want to visit it. Here is there link to BBPV:

Second, here are some links on the disorder that may be of use:
      I hope this information helps. We also have several people on the forum with Meniere's disease.
      Finally, here are some more vertigo exercises; maybe one of them will work:

Vertigo Treatment - How To Treat Vertigo

Vertigo Treatment with Simple Exercises (BPPV)...

I do hope you will soon be feeling well! And I love your avatar! :cat:

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Is_Rosie
      Swamped

Is_Rosie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Wow, thankyou so much Jazz! So helpful!

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Love your avatar! :cat:

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Is_Rosie
      Swamped

Is_Rosie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      @jazz thanks! it's my goat, named Tippy !!

6. AnneSusan

AnneSusan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi. I was diagnosed with BPPV many years ago. I used to hang my head off the end of the bed and turn it to the left, then right. I would feel even dizzier but the goal was to dislodge calcium crystals in the meddle ear. I also would take Dramamine or Bonine, which is antivert. It would last a few hours to a few days. I then developed sudden sensiorneural hearing loss and the doctor put steroids directly into my middle ear.. It was awful! Never got my hearing back. In the right ear, but I haven't had the BPPV in 9 years. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

7. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Are you saying you think you lost hearing from taking Dramamine or Bonine?