Help! Ringing In Ears!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amanda410, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Amanda410

Amanda410 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Hi I have had a faint ringing in my ears for years and was mostly noticeable at night when I was trying to sleep. I use to listen to ipods a lot sometimes pretty loud. I also have TMJ. A couple of nights ago I was watching tv before bed and suddenly the ringing in my ears got louder than normal and is now more annoying and noticeable then it use to be. Its been like this for a couple days now. I notice it mostly when its quiet even during the day now. Its making me anxious and worrying me. Is the ringing going to subside and go back down to normal?? If so how long do flare ups lie this usually last?? Its like a fuzzy faint ringing is how I describe it. Please help.

2. Paul201
      Pacman

Paul201 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subwoofer
      Hard to say, sounds like it may be noise induced so you will need to mind you don't expose yourself to more loud noise and give your ears time to recover, turn down the tv and radio to moderate levels etc. Hopefully it will subside back to lower levels in a few weeks, fingers crossed. Maybe get a doctor to have a look for wax problems etc if it doesn't go away, its a long shot but you never know

3. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      I was doing well. Didnt need benzo in the daytime, feeling fine. Then I got gastritis and ulcers and my anxiety went up huge. I cant handle this, its too much I cant relax. I could take a lorazapam. Should I take one and not suffer?

4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Most likely a spike...See if it subsides in a few days. I recommend NAC as that will help with your hearing. Anyway, hopefully it will get better do let us know! Good luck!

5. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      wat is nac? wat does it stands for?