Hi Everyone, 3 Years and Going Crazy!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jo100, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Jo100

Jo100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nice to find a place to share and listen with this very lonely problem. I live in France too and find it so hard to communicate with the doctors, I'm learning the language but not as quickly as I'd like.

My T started after and ear infection in which my ears blocked up and I felt so sick. There was a van idling on the road outside and after about an hour I said to my boyfriend (now husband :)) "that van is driving me crazy, it's been there so long" and he informed me that it had driven away over half an hour ago. In my ears the vibration had been continuing at full intensity and I was straight off to the docs. It took a year before I got rid of the vibration, it was going up and down in intensity and frequency until it finally went. However sometimes now if I get a head cold it'll creep in for a short while then fade again.

After the rumbling had subsided I was left with a high pitched 'white noise' which I have spent the last two years living with. The doctors haven't got much to say to me and I can't fully express myself in French either, so feeling pretty fed up.

I hit on this site through searching Tinnitus and Enzymes so I'm gonna bounce over to that thread now as I've started on Wobenzym.

Nice to meet you all. Thanks for having a space to help with the isolated feeling.
      :thankyousign:

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Stacey427
      Alienated

Stacey427 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      Hi There Jo!

Its nice to meet you, obviously we'd all rather be elsewhere than here, but its nice to meet you and I hope you find the forum helpful.

Ive met some wonderfully nice people here all with a story of their own, I hope you find the support you need, even if its just in the sentence of a post. Im sorry that you find it difficult with the language barrier etc. where are you from originally?

there are some great discussions in the research area, im pretty new, I guess, to the forum and I like to podder about in the research reading the threads and trying to get my head around the science of it.

if anything the isolation is definitely the biggest thing I think, but you wont find yourself to isolated if you can contact peeps here, you will find some really nice people :)

drop me a line if you ever feel like chatting, thanks Jo!

Hugs,
      Stacey x

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jo100

Jo100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Stacey,

Many thanks for your lovely message and offer of a chat. Very kind!

I'm from England but moved to France a year before the T started. I wonder often if my condition is worse because I live at a high altitude now too and my ears are under pressure, although I have a TMJ problem too, maybe it's a mix of it all. I guess the hardest thing about this this affliction is not being able to identify the source.

Good idea to read the research and the science, I'll get stuck in! Hope you are well and chat soon. X

4. S.withnell
      Sleepy

S.withnell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Jo
      I'm new here too, I've just started with the t about a week ago it's very bad, but early days for me yet.
      But I've always felt like there's a engine running some where or if a car or bus is parked up I always could hear it for ages after but it's only till now I've started to realise must be part of t.
      I hope you get the help you need soon and I'm sure people here are more than happy to help.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jo100

Jo100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Heya, thanks for the message! In the last week things have improved a little and I'm experiencing a reduction. The car noise is horrible one and I'm sorry to hear that you have got that going on, anytime you wanna chat just shout. Have you seen a doc? Inflammation or crystals could be the cause, and don't let anyone tell you there's nothing that can be done. I've been drinking fresh ginger and lemon in hot water (sometimes with honey), and feeling brighter in myself lately.

Hope you're ok!