Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Philemon, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Philemon

Philemon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild NIHL
      Hello everyone

I’m 36, from France, and I have Tinnitus since early May this year. I developped my tinnitus from NIHL i guess (mild hearing loss from 3khz to 8khz, a bit worse afterward), ‘cause i’ve attended maybe hundreds of concert in my life, also done many party/going out in noisy environnment, listened too much music with my headphones. My T has slowly decreased on average (on average, ‘cause there’s also day to day variation, both in loudness and type of sound) during month 3 to month 5 (my T loudness decreased from 5 to 3 i would say), now there’s no decrease in it anymore on average (but having some bad days but also quite/quiet good days) …. I don’t really know why it decreased, i guess it happened naturally, but maybe NAC that i’ve read about on this board and that i’ve used has helped a bit (though the use of NAC don’t fully match with the decrease of T loudness)

First of all I would like to thanks all the people here who provided so much relevant informations that helped me a lot in many aspects. Thanks as well, of course, to the people who created this board and to the current staff members. I’m glad this board exists for people like us who want to share informations and possibly solutions beyond the typical speech of GP and ENT about T …

The biggest problem for me with my T is about concentration at work. My job really requires concentration in a silent environnment (reading articles, doing analysis, writing reports or articles) and with T it can turn to hell sometimes (now that the T decreased a bit, it’s quite better, also thanks to white noise, and to some form of habituation i guess) … it’s mostly about my job, ‘cause in everyday life, interaction with people with a bit of noise around, then i generally forget it quite easily (but of course i would like it to disappear totally) …
      I will soon post in the retigabine thread as i’m starting the experiment today (of course nothing special to say about it right now – except maybe how i manage to get this drug - but i’ll keep u posted there, and also ask some questions about it)

And sorry for all the mistakes, my english is far from being good ;-)

2. OddV
      Assassinator

OddV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hi @Philemon please click on the forms menu at the top and fill in the new users form for retigabine , hope you find some silence.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Philemon

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild NIHL
      Thanks @OddV, i've just done it. also hope i'll find some improvement with this

4. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I Philemon, wish you well with the new treatment. Let us know how Retigabine works for you. Saying a prayer for you. Wish I can get some Retigabine and try it myself..sigh

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Philemon

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild NIHL
      Hi OnceUponaTime thanks for your wish of success, i hope it too. hope you'll managed to get some retigabine too. Did you think about this canadian pharmacy online, it seems it could be an option for US Citizen, if i remember well, some of retigabine's trialee got it from there (just saying, not advocating for any website)

6. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Not sure what Canadian pharmacy you are talking about.... do you have a website for it??? I had an ear infection 3 weeks ago and it has left me with a soar ear, bad headaches, ear pressure/fullness and the humming is louder. :( I know it will calm down and get better... just need to wait it out.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Philemon

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild NIHL
      i think it was called 'canadian pharmacy online' (just Google it to find it) and something else called 'blue sky drugs', they talked about it in the retigabine thread, i think it's possible to buy real retigabine (named potiga in north america) on those website (maybe ask on the thread to be sure), though there's always it could blocked by customs. hope conséquences of your ear infection will get better

8. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thanx Philemon, I will google it right now. Where did you get yours?? Did you need a prescription from your doctor?? Was it expensive??? I cant wait to hear how it works for you!!!! Praying you get better! :)

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Philemon

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild NIHL