How to Prepare for a Flight?

Discussion in 'Support' started by T Bone, Oct 21, 2014.

1. T Bone
      No Mood

T Bone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Hello,
      I know that this question has been thrown out a lot on how to prep for a flight, but I just kinda want to narrow it down a bit. So basically I found out t have to fly to Vegas in about a month, and I'm not going to lie I'm pretty nervous about it since it will be the first one since onset. Also I have Eustachian tube problems which means that my ears get plugged easily and then get quite hard to un pop which then increases the t a lot. So my question is how should I approach this in terms of preping for the flight?

2. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      "Earplanes" earplugs for ascent and descent. These are corkscrew like, can get from any pharmacy, helps regulate pressure. Sit in front of the wing (in front of the engine) to cut down engine noise. Wear active noise cancellation headphones during main part of flight, preferably Bose. Some take an anti anxiety med during the flight. If you get a spike from the flight, this in most cases is only temporary.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Wear ear plugs wish I did because it hurt a lot when my ears didn't pop I was almost in tears. Chewing gum also or hard sweets.