I got tinnitus from wearing Apple earplugs for 2 minutes at full blast

Discussion in 'Support' started by kevin truong, Jan 25, 2014.

1. kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Hi, I'm only 16 and I'm scared.

I stop playing on the computer, try to stop listening to loud noise that can cause it worse, and haven't been to the doctor.

I'm alone at home and scared.

I want my tinnitus to go away.

This morning it went away for 2 hours then my sister turn on the vacuum and it came back.

I have ate dinner and a lot of food.

I'm really scared.

Help me!:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Boxdra

Boxdra Member

Also got mine after using Apple earplugs... Men

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I feel cold,tired,and sometimes can't stand up properly!

4. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Stay away from loud noises from a while:) For at least a couple of days. try to sleep and relax. It could go away in a few days:)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      What should I do everyday?

This is my day:

Wake up
      watch tv
      eat lunch
      watch tv again
      eat afternoon lunch
      watch tv again
      eat dinner
      try to sleep.

This tinnitus happen 5 days ago.

I feel better and stronger what you said to me.

6. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Well you can read, go for a walk, exercise, clean, maybe invite a friend over:) Normal sounds are ok (probably under the level of the vacuum cleaner). If it doesnt clear up, visit a doctor like in a week. If you havent listened to a lot of loud music before, it could be just temporary tinnitus. Worrying aint gonna make it better:)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      It is a temporary tinnitus. But I'm going though hell!!! I try praying to God... It winter in Ontario,Ottawa.
      I really don't have much friends because I use to be a elite hacker. My mom said to me "just sleep and rest, don't listen to loud noise and eat well".

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I have use earplug 3 times in my life. Only 3 times... then apple came to destroy our media...

9. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      :D It will probably go back. No worries;)

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I'm worry alot for 5 days. I was supposed to join the league of legend tournments but I couldn't go. I was thinking alot of ringing in my ear. I feel really cold. My left ear hear better and stronger than my right ear today... for some reason. I'm scared and shaking alot.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hey kevin, i suggest that you take magnesium, zinc, vitamin B12 and some antioxidant immediately from now for few weeks. These supplements could prevent hearing loss after acoustic trauma in early stage and they are good for general health too so you got nothing to lose.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Well, I do not know what are these... I just drank apple juice and make T worse I think. MY ear when I wakes up are wet for some reason.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      @Stina

Do you know what are magnesium,zinc,vitamin B12?

14. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      They are vitamins consumed with food (for example, meat and milk have B12 in it). If you eat normally, you dont have to take them seperately. But they can be good for your ears so probably it wont do bad to take a little extra. You can buy them in a local pharmacy and you can ask the workers where which supplements are the best. You can tell them about your problem and discuss how much and how long you should take the supplements.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Why can't I use the food at home? I have 3.25% milk and 2%

16. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Ask your mom to take you to the ent as soon as possible! Get a hearing test done and let the ent examine you for infections etc and most importantly ask for cortisone infusions ! They need to be done rather sooner that later. Don't watch tv the whole day... Go outside to get some air and maybe work out a little bit. Stay away from any loud noises... I hope you'll recover soon.

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I'm 16... I'm a computer hacker

I don't have a society life... Umm.... Does walk in docter works?

• Funny Funny x 1
    18. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Yes for the beginning the walk in doctor is ok. Just make sure to get cortisone .. It might not help but it's the best option for noise induced Tinnitus in the beginning, and it is important that you get checked out by a doctor because it could also be a wax build up, an infection etc. ask your mom to take you to a doctor soon.

• Like Like x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      But My mom said " You don't need to go to the docter, just listen to me and it be fine".

20. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      What about your dad, your sister or other relatives? If your mom isn't a doctor she simply doesn't know what's going on inside your ears (of course neither do we). The first step is to have a look inside the ears,.. How will your mom do that? Maybe show her this forum. Tinnitus doesn't always go away and not everybody is fine so I think it's important to at least try resolve the issue now. As I said the best chance you have now with only one week of noise induced tinnitus is to get checked out and try cortisone. It maybe doesn't make it go away but at least take your chances.

• Agree Agree x 2
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      My dad said the same...

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I'm tired and I'm on my laptop for 5 hours watching minecraft video... is it bad?

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      It's been one week. Should I go to the doctor? My T has calm down.

24. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      You have to let your ears rest for awhile Kevin. No loud music, no loud video games, no headphones! just peace and quiet so your ears can reset themselves. No worrying either! If your T has calmed down that is a good sign. Be careful in future and no loud anything!

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I'm hearing ringing in my right ear for no reason when I wake up today!!!!

26. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      Hi, you have developed tinnitus due to damaging your hair cells in your ear from too much noise over long period. Anything over 80 db for one day will cause damage, which is not reversible. The louder the sound, the less time required for damage. Some of the hair cells may be just injured and can get better, other hair cells are gone for good. From now on, only listen to quiet levels of sound and music. You cannot go into movie theater because they are too too loud. sometimes for me I think there will be no tomorrow, but eventually tomorrow comes. the disease is very very scary. now that you have it, you know for sure to not to make it worse. you will have to sleep with white noise on constantly - Restful Rain is a good choice for CD, but you need a player that will repeat play, or you can download MP3 of restful rain. you will need some way of playing the mp3 in your bedroom, which means you may have to buy something to do that with - I recommend just a receiver from pawn shop, speakers from pawn shop and you will need an adapter cable to hook your mp3 player into your receiver. this is now a fact of life for you. gradually your brain will not freak out so much anymore, but this will take time - it make be weeks, months even 1 - 2 years. so it is essential that you have small amounts of background noise that is slightly less than the tinnitus, same as for the rain sound. you can go on ATA.org and they have a console where you can make your own sounds and you can play these sounds 24/7. probably your tinnitus will gradually get better, but as you get older it may come back with a vengeance, like it has done for me and really wrecked my life, so please avoid any loud sounds. if you are outside, and there is a fire truck or anything making a loud noise, use your fingers to block your ears until the noise is over.

• Informative Informative x 1
    27. michela
      Dramaqueen

michela Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      oh, object, i guess you now have scared the shxxt out of kevin,even if it is all true what you say ,but i guesss this is NOT what he wanted to hear at the moment..:wideyed:

28. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      -

There is no evidence that Kevin has damage beyond repair. Many many times people have acquired tinnitus from loud noise/music and it has subsided or disappeared after a period of time. This has even happened after an extended period of time. There is also no reason why he has to sleep with white noise and sometimes this even aggravates some peoples tinnitus. What there is evidence of however is that fear and emotional upset will make it harder to overcome tinnitus and delay any improvement or habituation. Kevin has to use common sense if he is exposed to noise levels that are deemed harmful. He also needs encouragement and support.

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Excuse me object16, but why are you doing that? You're a grown man and a doctor, you should know how to speak to young patients! You just take everything that works for you and present it as the only thing that you can do, he is only 16! not fair at all to scare him like that and at this point it's also unnecessary, he is still in the beginning and his tinnitus might even go away, except for that he has a mild form of tinnitus and will certainly habituate soon if it doesn't go away. I don't sleep with white noise, restful rain or anything most of the time although my tinnitus gets extremely loud once I'm in a quite room...
      And I still go to the movies, I just take my ear plugs with me and that's it. I also don't walk around with my Bose headphones or earplugs the whole time and although I have noise induced tinnitus it hasn't made my tinnitus worse.i know that you have a extreme form of tinnitus - and I feel very sorry for you from all my heart because that's the worst-, but if someone ( especially very young) comes new to the board you must be sensitive and not tell him that he has to sleep with white noise at all times and never can go to the cinema ever again, because for most of us that's not true and at this point you will it make it worse for him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. Sue
      Tired

Sue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2013
      I can tell you getting to a doctor as soon as you can is key. I suffered sudden hearing loss with T in my right ear and was on high doses of steroids for 2 weeks and gained some hearing back which wouldn't have been possible without seeing an ENT right away. I use Boise noise canceling headphones to listen to music and it quiets my T down a bit when it's real bad. Good luck try convincing your parents to take you to an ENT right away!