I Hate Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by no life, Nov 25, 2015.

1. no life

no life Member

hi everyone im new here iv had tinnitus for 7 months, in both ears for 7 months from tmj im really struggling to live my life its so loud I can hear it over the tv.

I have 2 kids 3,7 and they prob hate me right now tinnitus has changed my life I cant evan sit down and read with my daughter, when they go bed at 7 I just sit and cry.

I used to love sleep always in bed at 10 but now its my worse nightmare.

so how does everyone relax?

im also looking for other mummys out there in uk I don't no anyone else with this so I would like a friend with tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      no life

no life Member

anybody out there.

3. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi @no life
      I am relatively new to T, so can't advise you too much, but know exactly how you feel. There are many wise experienced people on here who will be in touch and definitely will help. In the meantime check out the success stories, they certainly helped me, also https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172
      Regards Phil

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      no life

no life Member

thanks phil-o will look thought now

• Like Like x 1
    5. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi @no life
      No problem. It's hard to imagine it gets better, but reading the success stories proves it does. Although I'm not there yet. There are some terrific people on here who have had T for many many years and give their time and advice to help us new comers. Best wishes Phil
      This lady has T and a young family to manage, but I think she is in the US.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/a-few-good-days.12159/#post-149306

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @no life,
      I'm a mother (two daughters, both grown), and a grandmother of a 4-year-old boy. I've had tinnitus for many years, but it was mild, until I took a blood pressure drug five years ago. Mine has been severe ever since then, and I also have pulsatile tinnitus (right ear only).

For me, it took a while to learn how to relax with tinnitus, and some days are better than others. However, what works best for me at night is to take magnesium about an hour before bedtime. It helps you relax, and to get to sleep naturally. I take two magnesium chloride tablets per night.

During the day, staying busy helps the most. Right at first, it was hard to concentrate on anything, and I cried a lot and had anxiety attacks. Now, however, I've learned how to get through the bad parts of the day by finding an activity that keeps my body and/or mind occupied. Exercise really helps, such as going for a walk outdoors. Or, when you have time, quiet activities that use your brain, such as games and puzzles, help a lot.

I know how crazy it can be with young children. When they get loud, I would suggest wearing earplugs, and try to keep up your normal routines with them. In time, things will begin to improve for you.

Are you going to a doctor or dentist for your TMJ? Maybe the doctor or dentist could suggest some things that would help you, and might reduce the sound of your tinnitus, too.

Take care, don't give up, and come to Tinnitus Talk if you need guidance or support. We're all in the same boat here!

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      no life

no life Member

hi Karen
      im trying to stay positive I really hate the mornings seems to be louder then, so that just puts me in a bad mood, and knowing ill have this forever makes me sooooo depressed.

I do wear a night gard on my lower teeth but other than that I just have to take pain killers when my jaw hurt, and it hurts really bad,

I don't no how to keep myself busy everyday the cleaning is always done washing always done :( so how do you keep busy when theres nothing to do lol thanks for replying :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @no life,

I'm glad you have the night guard; is there anything else the doctor could suggest that would help you with the TMJ? In the U.S., there is a drug called Flexiril, a muscle relaxer, that could help. A doctor would have to prescribe it for you.

About keeping busy: Well, if you can find a way to keep your mind occupied, that would help. Basically, the more you can take the focus off your tinnitus and on to something else, the faster you'll be able to habituate to it. Habituation doesn't mean you don't hear the tinnitus; it simply means you won't focus on it and let it bother you. You can get there eventually, but you have to help it along by finding ways to focus outside yourself. Does that make sense?

Also, do you have some type of background sound in your house? It would help to have music playing, or some type of background noise, so your mind won't notice your tinnitus so much.

Hope this information helps! I know how much energy it requires to raise young children, and I'm sure it is made even more challenging with tinnitus and TMJ.

Lots of hugs,
      Karen

9. bunnykinb

bunnykinb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug 25, 2015
      Omg sometimes I just hate myself with this heartbeat sound throbbing in my ear. It started August 2015. I have not been diagnosed. I sympathise with you

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hello @no life,
      Welcome to the forum. I signed up only a week ago but I have been dealing with hearing loss and constant tinnitus for over two years. The noise is always there but I now have days when I am able to mostly ignore it .In the beginning, every day was overwhelming and I was so afraid.
      It used to be such a struggle to read aloud to my young grandchildren because I cringed at the sound of my own voice but I kept reading anyway. Have you read The Book with No Pictures? My 5 year old granddaughter loves that one! I still hear noise with every syllable I speak but I expect it now and I don't pay much attention to it. It is like people who live next to railroad tracks....they expect the noise and their brains decide to ignore the noise. It just takes time.

11. 400runner
      Thinking

400runner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anti inflammatory medication
      Hi ! You poor thing. I cried for a week solid when the T came on and didn't go away. One thing that did help me sleep was a white noise app on my phone. I found one that mimicked the frequency of my tinnitus. The app is called "white noise" by tmsoft and the best frequency sound on it for me was pink noise. I also liked the clickety clack of the train track one.

12. HalloweenScreamQueen
      Cheerful

HalloweenScreamQueen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I was about 12 YO
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Try these for situations where there's a lot of background noise: Alpine Hearing Protection Musicsafe Classic Earplugs. You can get them for less than $15 at Amazon. I always wear them when I go to football games or other events, vacuum the carpet, load the dishwasher, etc.

The other thing is to keep active. As a young Mom, there are always a million-and-one household tasks that need to be done, so just keep chugging away! And make sure you do something just for you every once in a while. If you like to get your nails done, do it. If you like to read a spicy novel, take the time out of your hectic day to read a chapter or two! If you like music, don't be afraid to listen...

I've had T for over 40 years, it's a pain in the butt, but it doesn't have to ruin your life. You will acclimate and you will learn to cope. I hope your friends and family bring you much joy and help you to remember how amazing it is to be alive!

• Like Like x 1