It Got Better...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Kathi, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      In December of 2013 I posted here--I had entered" I want to end my life due to tinnitus' in Google and this is where it brought me. Lucky for me. The posters here have been a great help. @Dr. Nagler spend time answering my questions about habituation and supported my stategy. @here2help offered great support. I had to work from onset, I had no choice. This set me on the road to habituation. I eventually forced myself to participate in life. I went for CBT and an anxiety workshop. I got anti anxiety meds. Eventually I was no longer responding emotionally to the noise. Soon there were times when I didn't notice it. I recently started riding again--with a good helmet and ear protection. Every part of my life is better.
      I have moderate tinnitus. I still hear it sometimes--and it still gets loud but I'm okay. It does get better. The posters here helped so much: @cullenbohannon, @billie48, @LadyDi, @Karen and both Drs. Nagler and @Dr. Hubbard. Plus many more. I even learned from some who came after me. I thank @Markku, @jazz and all the admin team for having such a wonderful supportive site. I'm so thankful that I did not give in to the horrific times at onset. It would have been a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

• Winner Winner x 6
      • Like Like x 4
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Thanks @Kathi , I love reading these. It gives us all hope that we will get there as well no matter how bad it is in the beginning.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thank you for sharing your success story, Kathi. It is simply amazing & heart-warming to see someone pushed to the blink by T to turn around after some time to where you are now. It is surely a reassuring story for those who are still in the dark tunnel and hopefully they see your story as the light at the end of the tunnel. Congrats.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Gill Hayes
      Happy

Gill Hayes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress I think
      Can't tell you how much reading this (and the other success stories on the site) has perked me up ! Generally things are improving for me, I have (in the main) stopped the anti anxiety meds over Christmas and NY - I have only taken 3 benzos in the last 2.5 weeks when I have had moments of anxiousness but that's all. My T has quietened down and my reaction to it is definitely improving - it mostly doesn't bother me. Today has not been a particularly good day tho - don't know why, but I have been feeling a bit anxious and have allowed negative thoughts to filter in. So I have turned to this site and the success stories to 'ground' me again. And they have !!

• Like Like x 1
    5. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Congrats Kathi.

After 7 months, I still get annoyed but refuse to let it slow me down. -- I have too much to live for and so many people have much bigger challenges yet stay strong.

Stay strong and thanks much!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    6. Scarlet

Scarlet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/22/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for sharing!