Just Need to Do a Little Venting ^^;

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brittany, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Hello everyone ^^ I just need to do a little bit of venting since I don't know where else to go about T/H related stuff. Well, it's fourth of July and that means a lotttttt of fireworks. I decided to go with my step family because I'm out of state right now, and they didn't have ear plugs so I had to plug my ears with my fingers. This may sound silly, but it was an emotional experience for me. Last fourth of July I could just go and watch fireworks and focus on all the colors and flashy lights but this time I just couldn't stop concentrating on the sound. The kids I were with were all smiling and laughing and I was just sitting there trying to hide that I was crying. The show dragged on for so long and it was just miserable. Hard to believe I took enjoying fireworks for granted. Lesson learned, absolutely bring ear plugs next time, but I still can't help but feel a little down about the whole experience..

On a more positive note, I haven't been here for awhile (probably a good thing, no offense haha) so I hope everyone's doing okay! Hope you all had a happy fourth! :)

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Georgia
      Thinking

Georgia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey I really get what you mean about not helping but to feel that way, I never usually ever get emotional but hey tinnitus really brings that out, because sometimes its hard not to be upset about how we use to be, how our lives have changed us, how T has changed who we are and what we use to do. But I believe tinnitus has kinda changed me for the better sometimes, while most people I know don't understand me I'm a lot better at understanding different things and looking at things form a new perspective I feel a little more experienced in a different way and I'm kind of grateful for that, Brittany always remember that as bad as it can be it has taught us things, it makes us stronger in a way nobody else could know or understand unless they ever experienced this the way we do :) It doesn't just make us emotional sometimes or even depressed it makes us special :)

Best of luck :)
      Georgia
      PS Sometimes everyone around here needs a little venting ;)

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Thank you so much Georgia! :) You're so right about it making us special. We fight an invisible battle everyday. I just keep thinking "It could be so much worse--I could be dying right now." When I think about how much worse others have it, I feel like I can't give up because I don't know their struggle either. I'm still learning to adjust to the new perspective, sometimes I feel so bitter about it it hurts. Either way, I do have hope that there will be a cure for this sometime in my lifetime ^^ Anyways, hope your day is going well!~ ;)

4. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      The earplugs I bought came with a key chain ring container so I can hook it with my car keys so they go with me everywhere I go. I will post the link.

I bought them from amazon.com for 18 BUCKS..

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Brittany,

Hugs to you, and I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with the fireworks yesterday. You made me think of how far I've come in five years --- when mine first started (or in my case, became severe), I was sad and crying all the time, and mourning the life I felt I had lost because of tinnitus. Now, five years later, I realize that last night, I wasn't even thinking about my tinnitus during the fireworks, and enjoyed the show!

Brittany, I believe you are a strong person, and you can get to that point, too. Just remember to take ear plugs with you when you go to any events, and then try to relax and enjoy yourself. It takes time to habituate to this condition that we all share, but it CAN be done!! I still hear my tinnitus, but there are times when I just about forget it now, and I'm back to enjoying life again. I believe you will get there, too.

Take care, and don't be depressed. Just try to get out there and live your life as much like normal as possible. Time will help you habituate to the sound. You'll look back on this Fourth of July, and realize how far you've come!!

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Very interesting statement Georgia. I too have noticed this same change in my life, I am a much better listener, and really do try to understand the other person issues or situation.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Thank you very much Karen! I believe that I will habituate as well ^^ It was just a new experience with my Tinnitus that really made me miss the life I had before. I think I will be able to look back next year with good hopes that I will have made improvements. I'm hoping to get some help with habituation when I return home in a few weeks, so that I can finally move on with my life. Hopefully it goes over well ^^

I hope I can one day have your same optimistic perspective, thanks again!~

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Oh thank you, please do :)