Macular Hole

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Voirrey, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Voirrey

Voirrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      A few years ago i awoke one morning and everything looked distorted through my right eye,looking through both eyes everything looked normal,apparently the good eye takes over.
      The doctor referred me to the eye clinic at the hospital and told me that while waiting for my appointment with the opthamologist,which could take a few weeks that i was to go to accident and emergency if i had a sudden onset of floaters or flashing lights.
      Anyway i was diagnosed with a macular hole and had to have a vitrectomy to repair the hole,the surgery wasn't too bad the worst part was having to lie face down for 2 weeks afterwards.
      A side effect of surgery was getting a cataract,which i have now had removed and my sight in that eye is quite good,just a little blurry patch where the hole was but no more distortion.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      That's amazing, Voirrey! Your story shows that, if you have a vision problem, you should seek help right away. They can do so many wonderful things these days to repair the eyes, and it's great that your surgery was successful.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

• Agree Agree x 1