My Trip to Bangkok: Stem Cell Treatment [Comments]

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Aug 18, 2013.

1. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    2. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      cellularsystemtreatment.com/main/good-candidate-stem-cells-therapy
      They invite you to fill out a form. That is what I did. I am curious to find out what their response is.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      @Reinier @lymebite

Hum...stem cells in Mexico, what is the price ? This style of clinics in Mexico are serious or suspicious ?

4. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did not check this yet. I was not reluctant to fill out the form like they invite you to. Next steps will something completely different.:barefoot:

• Like Like x 1
    5. lymebite
      Vegged out

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There are many, many stem cell clinics in Mexico just across the border from San Diego, California catering to the American patient market. I expect they range in quality from ones that are extremely professional and sophisticated to ones that should be avoided.

6. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One would expect that more people with hearing loss take a change?
      Especially California where there are so many rich people.
      Just kidding about California:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. hellouser

hellouser Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @attheedgeofscience

Would you be willing to post before and after photos of this regrowth? I assume your balding so this is really interesting for someone like me who's also losing his hair. Thanks!!

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. Vincent777
      Supportive

Vincent777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced after a rock concert where I played
      @attheedgeofscience Yes, I would love to see it as well if it's not a problem as I'm a rock musician who is suffering from hair loss as well as tinnitus. :) There is a adipose stem cell hair loss treatment being offered from Kerastem so the fact that you've got hair regrowth from your stem cell treatment is quite exciting!

And not to mention that it helped you with your tinnitus! It sounds like two birds with one stone. :)

Thank you in advance!

9. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      Hereby a bit of follow-up in relation to the clinical trial pertaining to hearing loss at the Florida Hospital For Children. Embedded with this post is the presentation the hospital in question has made for the clinical trial (along with arguments as to why autologous umbillical cord blood Mesenchymal stem cells might work in relation to restoring hearing in toddlers). The presentation is +100 pages long, and so hereby a few pointers to the more important slides:
      • Slide 36-37 (Section 3). Mesenchymal stem cells have two broad properties: they are immunomodulatory and regenerative (i.e. capable cell differentiation and tissue restoration). This does not have so much to do with hearing loss per se, but they are two really important overall concepts with stem cell therapy. Furthermore, the above is probably very much the reason why Chloe Sohl managed to get such a good result with her treatment.
      • Slide 42 (Section 3). Stem cells find their own way around the body (targeting the right areas of diseased tissue).
      • Slide 50-51 (Section 4). Development of the inner ear. Inner ear cells of the stereocilia are postmitotic (i.e. cannot divide/multiply).
      • Slide 58 (Section 4). Discusses how the body has its own stem cells (tissue specific) within the "Organ of Corti" (inner ear) which can help recovery when damage occurs. Trouble is: the quantity of these naturally occurring stem cells decline with age.
      • Slide 61 (Section 4). Argument as to why Mesenchymal stem cells might work for hearing loss.
      • Slide 63 (Section 4). Source of MSCs matter.
      • Slide 64-72 (Section 4). Transplantation techniques discussed (i.e. non-IV theoretical techniques).
      • Slide 95-96 (Section 5). Inclusion/exclusion criteria of the current trial (which is now completed and awaiting publication of results).
      • Slide 98-101 (Section 5). Patient experience (pediatric patient).
      In addition, the following recently released material is available (statements made from Dr. Baumgartner):

www.cryo-cell.com/Blog/March/Umbilical-Cord-Blood-Stem-Cells-to-Treat-Acquired

• Informative Informative x 5
      • Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      My family have put money together to get me a Stemcell treatment if I'm willing to do it!I am obviously willing to do it,I've nothing to lose at this stage but I don't want to take such a large sum of money from my family and it do nothing:(I'm deadly serious by the way,I don't even want my T resolved just my H.I would really appreciate any input from anybody especially Frederico or ATEOS as they've been through it all.

• Like Like x 3
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    11. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      If you want a reason, how about the greater good? You would add to the experience of how steam cell treatments work or do not work out for T-sufferers. Making mankind a bit more experienced might help several bio-copies of yourself. Just make sure to do your homework, and go for the best treatment available. Anything else would be a waste, now when your family use their savings for your sake. I suggest you read what attheedgeofscience has written on the subject VERY carefully.

(Thanks god I don't have my real face on my avatar. If the TT-member tries steam cell therapy because I inspired him and it fails, he will wan't to know which face to punch :nailbiting:)

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I've always wanted to try it,now seems like as good a time as any it's just that I'm not overly convinced by it.I am in a sense,but there's nothing to make me say ok I need to do this.Theres nothing compelling me to do it as there just aren't any real good results from it from what I can find.Maybe I'm wrong but if someone like ATEOS or Frederico could explain to me simply what benefits they noticed in their hearing from the treatment then I might be persuaded.Ive read his journal numerous times but I just get confused between the Stemcell and LLLT,which one gave him the results?I agree with you on the benefit of science and that in part is also a reason to do it but not enough of a reason to leave my family down €50,000 for nothing.I can do it as early as in two weeks from now and don't worry about me coming to look for whoever convinced me to do it lol I want someone to convince me.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      To my understanding (and memory), LLLT improved his hearing while steam cell therapy cut his T with approximately 50 percent. LLLT is a treatment, steam cell therapy is more like throwing a bomb at the problem.

I think he got away with about half of the amount you mention, the travelling costs excluded (25 000 USD?).

This is experimental medicine and you'll be the guinea pig. If you need to be persuaded, that probably means you should let it go.

14. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
    15. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      I"m not sure how you could have missed it - it's under "2. My Story" on the information tab. As remembered by @Vincent R LLLT helped hearing loss and Stem Cells helped tinnitus. See below.

• Informative Informative x 1
    16. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yes, thank you. I believe the first treatment (in Bangkock) worked, and the second one (in China) made no further difference.

I'll be going for the treatment myself, once I'm financially comfortable. As I see it, steam cell therapy doesn't offer the correct answer to a specific question. Since it's regnerative, it's more like a catch-all approach, using a tool Mother Nature figured out herself. In that regard, it's comparable with living more healthy and thus never a waste to try. I don't feel the need of a guaranteed outcome, I just need to be sure it works in the right direction.

17. lymebite
      Vegged out

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Here is a YouTube video that describes the stem cell treatment for hearing loss and tinnitus at Stem Cells 21 in Bangkok. This is the clinic where both @attheedgeofscience and @FERNANDO GIL received treatment. It features Dr. Thein Htut, Medical Director for the clinic. He gives quite a bit of detail about their approach to stem cell therapy for hearing loss and tinnitus.

HearingLossWebinar

• Like Like x 2
    18. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      @bill 112
      There are 10000 members on tinnitus talk if each one gives you 5$ it's enough to do this therapy We shall see if it works or not. if not we shall close this thread.

• Like Like x 3
    19. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I'm willing to be a quinea pig,trying these sort of unproven methods doesn't faze me.I recently travelled to the U.K to take part in Am-101 with the study sight aware that I was chronic but they accepted to screen me regardless.After driving the whole way from Dublin to Birmingham they refused me because I have H:(My family want to pay for this treatment it's just that I'm uncomfortable asking someone for €5 let alone €50,000.

20. lymebite
      Vegged out

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The cost of treatment at Stem Cells 21 for inner ear therapy is expensive, but it is not $50,000. @FERNANDO GIL reports that he paid $19,000. He said there was a more expensive option for $25,000 but he selected the $19,000 treatment. That amount includes hotel accommodations, which are in the same building as the clinic.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...aybe-we-can-know-more.3131/page-17#post-64780

For answers to many "frequently asked questions," check out the comments section in the YouTube video I posted above. They cover a lot of questions everyone is asking, including what they claim is the success rate with hearing loss and tinnitus (they say 70 to 85 percent).

21. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      @lymebite
      I am wondering why there is not this kind of clinc in Europe or US ?
      Is Thaïlande more advanced using tecknology in medecine?

22. lymebite
      Vegged out

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't know about the situation in Europe, but the United States has many legal restrictions on stem cells and a very slow approval process for medical innovations in general.

One example is sunscreen - for over 10 years, people in European countries have been buying a much improved sunscreen. However, it is still not legal in the United States, we are using old technology that does not protect against skin cancer as well as what is sold in Europe.

http://cen.acs.org/articles/93/i20/Decade-FDA-Still-Wont-Allow.html

• Informative Informative x 1
    23. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I've decided to go ahead and do it in Bangkok.Me and my family are organising it as we speak,it's a big commitment from my family so we're not going to rush into it so anyone reading this please have patience as I will post the whole trip here on TT.I am also starting Chi-Kung soon with Kevin Barry and as promised I will post updates in the the appropriate thread also.Im excited but scared at the same time.

• Like Like x 7
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    24. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @bill 112 when will you go in Thailand ? have you already booked your trip ?

25. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      When are you going??? Do you think you go there before September?

26. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Soon Mithrandir,nothing booked yet just planning and discussing with my family at the moment.Family are very supportive so I'm blessed to have them.I will do this treatment I just want the best treatment at the best cost.Im looking at treating my H more than anything but if my T lowered it would be a bonus:)

• Hug Hug x 2
    27. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Why September Aussie Lea?Were thinking maybe June or July at the moment.

28. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I just wanted to know how soon! Good luck!

29. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Ohh lol ok yeah hopefully very soon,the sooner the better really but it's looking like June or July at the moment:)

30. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm happy for you, and yes, H is like the devil, the worst is ear pain.. I have all the bad things too ! I'm very happy for you :)
      Good thinks will arrive for H sufferers...the Silverstein surgery in one months, you and your injections asap !

Don't give up the fight. Nowadays I'm making laser but I wait for a eventual stem celles injections like the pioneers on this web site.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1