Only Had It Months, but Still...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NetroPhil, Aug 22, 2014.

1. NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I got T after a night at my pub's disco in April 2014. Sounds obvious, but I'm not exactly certain how I got it, because the morning after, not only did I have the Noise, but also a very block-y cold. I waited a few days, and it didn't go away.

I suppose, beforehand, I did overdo my ears a bit too. I listened to lots of music nearly everyday, and also liked to listen to Audio Books/Dramas through earpods. I've stopped doing this for obvious reasons, but I am attempting to start listening to the Audios though alternative means.

Then I went on the Internet (like many people, but honestly not the best was to start). And reading what ot said, I panicked and hoped it wasn't true.....for about a month or so... It was after a trip to Gloucester that I realised I had to accept it...though I have become able to ignore it, for the most part.

I have been through treatments for it - Ear Syringing and Decongestant Tablets. Both have helped but have not yielded successful.

In a few weeks, I'm going for an ENT appointment, but honestly, I'm not hopeful...

I just want to be rid of it, like so many others, and it sounds unlikely, but I am hoping for a cure soon....ah well, little bit of senseless hopefulness never harmed anyone.... <<

There are a few concerns that tend to pop up, so I'll probably be putting them up in the forums from time to time....

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      T sucks. It might go away on its own but it will take months.

3. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I tend to think there will never be a cure in our life time.lot's of snake oil and false hopes but no cure.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I disagree. There does apparently seem to be some promising work with Autifony....its even being given a fast track....

• Like Like x 1
    5. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'll believe it when i see it. There's always something that works happening. But they never happen.