Pineapple or Pineapple Juice?

Discussion in 'Support' started by earsnothappy, May 17, 2014.

1. earsnothappy

earsnothappy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      I've read on a few websites about the benefits of pineapple. Can anyone here verify that it helps, and if it does, does it matter if you consume it? Can you get pineapple juice or do you have to get pineapple in a can or cut up a fresh one?

Thank you!

2. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Fresh is best when it comes to any fruit or vegetable. I make smoothies daily with whatever bits and pieces I have left in the fridge.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      I cannot verify that pineapple helps, as I don't know of anything that really helps tinnitus whether it is dietary, supplementary, or even medicine. However, if pineapples do help, I am betting it is because of the bromelain content, which is mainly found in the core of the pineapple. Bromelain has anti-inflammatory properties. So I suppose if your tinnitus is caused by inflammation, that would help.

But I would say you'd have to blend the core of the pineapple, because it's pretty tough. Usually if you buy pineapple in a can, it has been de-cored. So you'd probably have to buy a fresh, whole pineapple and make smoothies out of it, especially to include the core.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Darcie

Darcie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2012
      Yeah, pineapple is a natural anti-inflammatory. So, ingesting it will possibly improve blood circulation ( in your head and neck for tinnitus relief ) and maybe reduce your tinnitus. I suppose, if you like pineapple, it wouldn't hurt to add it to your diet, as well as other anti-inflammatory food. I'd use fresh to avoid added sugars. (sugar being inflammatory)

5. raymundo2245

raymundo2245 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      In that case then taking garlic supplements will help as well, I just started to take oderless garlic pills to see what it does, I eat lots of avocado since its got omegs three to help heart and circulation,, I also take pineapple, and any grape seeds help as well, I read all this in the internet, so I am experimenting, im going to a chiropractic when I get home from work since im in Louisiana, and Home is in Texas, then acupuncture, im gonna fix my neck muscles to see what happens,then treat my back muscles and finally my jaw, and I shall post how it went, wish me luck!

• Like Like x 2
    6. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Good luck ..let us knom about the pineapple..keep in touch!

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I tried fresh pineapple for months, but it did nothing for me, but it doesn't hurt to give it ago!

8. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      I have a question. Can these anti inflamatory foods/fruits be used instead of oral steroids( which I suppose are also used to reduce the inflammation) . Does it have the same effect? Even though steroids may be more powerful and give quicker results. But I prefer the natural way so.

9. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      No. steroids are way stronger and probably the effect is a bit different as well. Food only helps in long-term, therefore most likely you will never know whether it had an effect or not.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      My tinnitus is in acute stage. My first ENT prescribed oral steroids for 10 days one month ago. But when I took the second opinion, the other ENT recommended gingko+piracetam+vinpocetin for 10 days and then told me to continue for 10 more days.

I am still inconclusive whether it's actually helping me or not as I feel it's still a little early to say. I have good and bad days. He doesn't think I have any inflammation(hit my head and got T). MRI was negative as well. But this ENT was reluctant to give me any medications from the beginning and just keeps telling me to ignore it. I insisted he gives me some medicines so he prescribed gingko. I doubt if he was serious when he said there is no inflammation.

Should I give oral steroids a go ? I hope I am not wasting too much time as this is still in acute stage.

11. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Yes, take the oral steroids ASAP. The sooner they are used the better chance it has of working to reverse any damage. Ideally steroids should be taken immediately after the onset of any sort of damage to the ear, I'm talking 24-72 hours but I've read studies that cite that they are still effective weeks after. It's a worth a shot at least, IMO. Just be weary of the side effects, some people react worse than other - I've been on them a couple times now and the side effects weren't too bad, got a bit nervous and I was eating like a savage. I really enjoyed the eating part to be honest though, haha.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      I have had T for 1 1/2 years and it stays pretty constant as a high pitched electrical sound I hear everywhere except the shower. Lately by chance we have been buying fresh pineapple for it is so sweet and love the flavor. I have noticed after all this time that my T although I still hear it isnt as loud and intrusive as it normally is. The only thing I have been doing different is eating fresh pineapple pretty much dailey along with fresh cooked apples with no sugar added. I googled pineapple and Tinnitus and there is a whole bunch of data about it being and anti inflammatory and I suffer from arthritis in my neck but also have high frq. hearing loss. Im not nuts but it really decreased in voluum. I guess we should move to Hawai !!!! LOL It wont work for everyone but seems to be helping me....

• Like Like x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    13. Rings-a-Bell

Rings-a-Bell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma
      Since I started doing Omega 3 fish oil capsules to reduce inflammation a few months ago my T has bothered me much less. Is it gone--no. Is it softer-I really can't tell. Am I just finally habituating--maybe. I do know that I've gone from noticing my T 100+ times per day to 10-20 times per day and that this happened after I started Omega 3's.

• Like Like x 3
      • Creative Creative x 1