Please Help With AudioNotch Frequency Finder — I Have to Use Max Volume to Hear Anything at 6 kHz

Discussion in 'Support' started by BrStan@, May 28, 2015.

1. BrStan@

BrStan@ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi i need some help i have used audionotch http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/ to detect the freq of my T and i have to increase the volume all the way to the max to be able to hear the sound at 6khz. Even at that volume i can barely here the sound played. So is it possible to further damage your hearing in that case.

Please someone to answer.

2. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Which volume control did you increase? The slider on the web page or the general volume control of your computer/headphones/monitor/tablet?
      Because you might have the web page slider set at max but your computer's volume control might be set very low.
      If you have set both the volume control slider and your computer's volume control to max and you still can't hear the sound, maybe you have some hearing loss around that frequency (6KHz).
      Have you ever had an audiogram done by an ENT or audiologist?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BrStan@

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

Thank you for your quick response. I have used the one which is in the web site and did not hear anything. Then i have just increased a bit the one in my computer and then i hear it a very low. So because i have some loss in that freqs and i have to crank that much to hear something is it possible to do some damage.

4. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If your problem seems to be at 6kHz then please, get your hearing tested before you do anything else. You can test up to 8kHz "everywhere".

And second thing - you can't really trust your headphones or speakers. Especially when you go above 8kHz. For an example my cheap headset at my work place has a huge dip at 7kHz. First I thought that I have moderate hearing loss at 7kHz but then I tried my mid priced headphones at home and i heard 7kHz tones well. To avoid this kind of confusion, audiograms at hospitals are calibrated accurately every month (atleast here in Finland).

So get your hearing tested rather than losing your nights sleep... :)

And yes, if you have 90dB hearing loss at some frequency and you keep playing 110dB sounds to hear certain frequencies - that can damage your hearing even more.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BrStan@

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

I knew, that was what was i afraid. So the further damage has been done. And more T. Thats my T jumps even further.

6. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Don't ignore everything else I said. I doubt that you have studio sound system with +-5db frequency response so it is possible that there is dips in the frequency response. Like I said, get your hearing tested before you draw any conclusions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. suwho

suwho Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I am happy to say that AudioNotch gave me immediate if temporary relief from my T.
      It comes back, but just listening to the right sound knocks it out temporarily which is a great relief!

8. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Yes it can, your hearing is already severely damaged, don't damage it more!

I can here up to 15,000k if i turn volume up really loud, but that's asininely stupid to stress the few damaged hair cells in the region left.