Pulsatile Tinnitus and NVC

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by yareckk, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. yareckk
      Curious

yareckk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      This year I was diagnosed with Neurovascular conflict (MRI revealed right SCA cartoid conflicts with the eighth nerve). The main symptoms are tinnitus and short-term dizziness. Dizziness subsides and I got them rarely while tinnitus is bilateral and constant in high frequency. Very strenuous.
      Is there any treatment attenuating this pulsatile tinnitus?
      I recently noticed that my tinnitus is a little bit louder when weather is changing or after sport.
      I'll be very grateful for any hint.

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Very difficult and complex issue, @yareckk.

First of all, just because there is an anatomical variation, that does not necessarily mean that the variation is the cause of your symptoms. And second, even if we assume that it is, we have to take into consideration how safe (or unsafe) it might be to surgically or radiologically (e.g., with coils) address the anatomical variation. Third, even if the anatomical variation can be successfully and safely addressed, the question remains as to whether or not by in so doing your symptoms will be relieved to your satisfaction. And fourth, everything above aside, the question remains regarding the overall degree to which your symptoms affect your life.

You asked for a hint. But I am afraid that without a ton of more information (which is clearly beyond the scope of this board), it would be highly irresponsible of me to offer anything beyond the basics.

I sincerely hope my response provides more clarification than frustration.

Dr. Stephen Nagler