Questions About Reactive Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jay M, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      If your T, pulsating T or one of your other sounds goes up from blood pressure caused by anger, exercise, etc., is that Reactive T?

If you yell or raise your own voice and your T goes up, is that Reactive T?

Is Reactive T a good sign versus non?

Thx!

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Jay M,

That's a good question! I can only respond by citing my own experience as an example:

I have both pulsatile and hissing/ringing tinnitus. When I watch TV, my right ear (the tinnitus ear) becomes even more irritated than it already was, and the feeling is an almost-unbearable rumbling vibration. I have to walk away from the TV after about 1/2 hour due to this feeling. After I have been away from it for awhile, my tinnitus usually goes back to baseline. Sometimes mine also does that when I am at my home computer for too long. When I go away from the computer, my tinnitus eventually returns to baseline.

Does this describe what happens to you when yours goes up?

And as to whether or not it is a good sign, well, that's hard to say. At least this type of tinnitus is variable, and can calm down somewhat in the absence of a trigger sound, so maybe that is a good thing!

I'd like to hear what others think about this phenomenon.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      My pulsatile T seems to become more noticeable when my blood pressure goes up. I have not experienced volume change otherwise.

4. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Actually, so does mine. It was blood pressure that I think started my pulsatile tinnitus in the first place. I've been using a lot of natural methods to control my blood pressure, such as exercise and supplements.

Are you taking any sort of blood pressure medicine at this time?

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      None. I dont have high blood pressure. My pt is very subtle but noticeable and not the whooshing type. I suspect (hope) its sinus related.

6. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's good! Maybe that means it will gradually go away on its own. Do you also have ringing, or just the subtle pulsating?

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Ive got ringing too on both sides but mostly right with slight PT, a little H on left and an every other day buzzing. Garden variety. :(
      14 weeks ago I woke up with sudden elevated t sounds from high stress, bad allergies and poor sleep. Spike or relapse or whatever its called. It seems like its calming down some but slowly. Who knows?