Reflexology for Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by bob, Dec 8, 2011.

1. bob

bob Member

Has anybody ever tried this for tinnitus. Their is a local therpist that charges 15 dollars for 30 minutes and says it has helped all of her patients. I've got that cd that Calin was talking about coming in a couple days. Might go with the combo deal, cd and reflexology.

2. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hey bob!

Sounds good.

If you go to you tube, and do a search for reflexology and for acupressure for tinnitus, you will find some things you can do yourself. I tried many points a month or two ago. They feel good! Can't hurt not to try! Love the way you are looking for ways to beat this thing!! ;)

Yesterday I had a bit of a head cold or allergy thing and the T was more noticeable. Today is has faded again. I expect that will happen a lot for a while.

I am excited about having another here to talk to about the progress of the UST cd. Let me know when you get it. Hope they can get the downloads function for that site up and running soon!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob

bob Member

Still waiting on the cd, hopefully it comes tomorrow. Have an appointment next Thursday with a reflexoligist, can't guarntee any results. She said we would do a lot of neck massaging to get the blood flowing and maybe drain some toxins out of your system. 20 dollars for 30 minutes, I'll give it a try. Went to my ear doctor today, lost some more hearing which it is normal with tinnitus. Tried a hearing aid on for about 15 minuts, it was beautiful, no ringing at all. Will try the above treatments for about a month, if they don't work, it is defenitely a hearing aid. Wish this website would get busier with more people. Everybody have a nice weekend.

4. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I saw on a site that reflexology was good for candida and tinnitus. Candida can cause tinnitus.

How neat that the hearing aid worked for you! Cool!

Oh, there is a hearing loss cd too. I have my dog on that one.

I am reading your messages... no worries!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob

bob Member

I received my cd today played one session behind my neck, now I'm playing a session though my pants leg right now. We shall see, I have a reflexology appt. Thursday. Keep this up my ringing will be down to about 10 crickets.

6. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Against my better judgement I went to an acupuncturist who claimed the same thing, except it was considerably more expensive. Absolutely no help whatsoever. Total waste of time and money as are all the pseudo science quackery practices. I would never have considered acupuncture had I not been at the end of my rope. These people prey on the desperate when they are the most vulnerable. Do yourself a favor, save your money.

7. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      bob, I tried the acupressure points for tinnitus I found on You Tube for a week before I got my CD.

Good luck!

8. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      You sound enthusiastic! That is a good start!

Is it hard for you to wear the headsets on your ears due to the sensitivity of the T?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob

bob Member

On the reflexology she said some patients not all of her patients seen success. I just put the headsets behind my ears or on my neck

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob

bob Member

Had a great session this morning with the reflexoligist. Some serious massaging in my neck area to release toxins built up in that area. Medications, pesticides and other toxins built up in your system over the years. Still using the tonnitus cd therapy one time per day. Still about the same with the crickets but it's only been couple of days.

11. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Great bob!

What did the reflexologist say and do for the tinnitus?

If you read the reviews on the UST site, it seems that most work with the therapy for weeks before any sign of improvement. Dick from UST said his took 4 months.

I found a way to put the track for tinnitus on my blackberry mobile. I can now just plug my headset in and walk around with the headset on my neck while I work. I actually got in two sessions today that way.

So bob, what is day one for you? Dec 12?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob

bob Member

Dec 13 first day for the cd. She is a very lady here in town, she has done this for 36 years. We going have about 6 therapy sessions if no improvement she will give up helping me Just a very deep neck nassage to get rid of toxins in my system and to open up blood vessels wider to my ears. Very sore neck this morning, lot of ice and heating pad the last 12 hours. She told me to use ice and heat, because of the deep massage. My ears feel different this morning but still ringing. Just feels like maybe more blood flowing the blood vessels around the ear.

13. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Oh, I see! Thanks

14. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Anybody else tried Reflexology for Tinnitus? Makes sense that it could calm things down a bit.

15. Andrea W

Andrea W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      n/a
      I am a reflexologist; I don't suffer from tinnitus but I have helped clients with it. You don't have to be a reflexologist to try it on yourself. I'm going to tell you what to do. Try it and let me know if you get results.

For those of you who don't know about reflexology, it is based on the premise that the body is mapped out on the feet. By pressing on specific areas of the foot, impulses are sent via the nerve endings to the corresponding body parts. The right foot corresponds to your right side of your body and the left to the left.

On the webbing between your 3rd and 4th toes is where you will find the ear reflex. With your thumb and forefinger, grab the webbing and squeeze and release, continually for about a minute or two. Give it as much pressure as you can tolerate. If you can't do this on yourself, see if you can find a kind person who is willing to do it for you.

From the feedback I have gotten from the few clients who had this problem, the problem lessened after one reflexology session in which I worked on the entire foot, but kept going back to that ear reflex several times.

I think this would need to be repeated several times a day for better results. I don't know if it would ever get rid of it permanently or completely, as I have not been given this challenge. But I think you could get at least some relief. I would like feedback if you decide to try it. It can't hurt.

I have given you this info free of charge in the hopes that it might help. Reflexology can help so many things, and yes, a full session is really therapeutic and relaxing. But it works whether you are trained or not.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    16. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      outside of unusual/exceptional circumstances, this isn't really a thing. Your body is very efficient at removing most stuff very quickly, and even fat soluble medications get removed in a matter of a couple months.

There's stuff that genuinely bioaccumulates, like some metals and DDT, but you can't get that stuff out of your system with gentle pressure.

17. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Along these same lines ... after a hand massage, and then another time after a foot massage, my sleep improved dramatically and t was low to non existent. Not everyone will be the same, but it worked for me.

• Like Like x 1
    18. cahill

cahill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      To the reflexologist, does the first toe start with the big toe?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    19. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Anyone have luck with this?

Reno Doctor William Clearfield Battlefield...

At 8:43 the patient speaks directly to T.

20. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury