Reltus device for temporary relief of tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Mar 6, 2013.

1. calin
    Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    Oct 2011
    I just found this battery operated device called Reltus. It looks pretty commercial and not so clinical or scientific. It reminds me of the sonic toothbrush treatment that is here somewhere except this is in the ear. I can't see how this would help....

I can't vouch for it - just putting it here in case someone wants to try it.

You Tube subscriber site on it: https://www.youtube.com/user/Earringingrelief?feature=watch

2. calin
    Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    Oct 2011
  3. TRB

TRB Member

Tinnitus Since:
    03/2012
    My wife helpfully cut an ad from one of her magazines for a device that looks a lot like a battery powered toothbrush, but which has a soft rubber ear canal-shaped tip. They claim the device "soothes the auditory nerve with calming micro-vibrations" providing up to "18 hours" of T relief.

Has anyone tried this ($49) gizmo?

It sounds like snake oil, but I guess you never know. On the other hand they do have a web site with testimonials, so it has to be legit, right?

4. demi
    No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    12/2012
    My mom cut this ad out of the weekend ads and handed it to me. I told her it probably wouldn't work because otherwise I think others on here would of talked about it already. But who knows?

5. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
    09/2013
    I just got this from Amazon. Should be coming in a few days. I'll let you know how it works. 17 hours of relief is a LOT! Would be perfect to get this during the day so I don't hear my T any more. Some days are worse than others for me. Yesterday was decent, today not so much so.

6. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    Just heard of this device anyone have any luck with it?