Ringing in the Ears (EMF Connection...?)

Discussion in 'Support' started by naturalgal, Sep 8, 2014.

1. naturalgal
      Barefooter

naturalgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2004
      Hi......I have had ringing in the ears for about 10 years. In the last 2 to 3 years I have been hiking in the woods and mountains, sometimes barefoot, if the terrain isn't too rocky and have noticed that the ringing in my ears eased up considerably to almost gone. Upon returning to civilization (EMF) have noticed that the ringing in my ears have come back. I am curious if this has happened to anyone else!

• Like Like x 1
    2. sanjay doodani
      Amused

sanjay doodani Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Frequent viral infection ENT, loud music, BP sugar
      Pls measure the emf using app it should be below 250 mg
      I strongly believe it's a factor

3. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      How do you measure EMF? there is an application for it?

4. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Hi I bought a Tenmars EMF meter to measure.

Search my threads that I opened. I also thought WiFi or cellular waves affect my T but I am not very conclusive.

Happened before when I went to a remote countryside where you only see villagers and plantations it was very soft T and almost gone and when back to city it was louder slightly.

Wondering could it be because in the woods it is more quiet and in the city it is nosier?

5. sanjay doodani
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes it effects v much but it's not the root cause

6. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      So what is the causes you suspect?

7. sanjay doodani
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There is microwave tower with in 100 m range when I am out of town for few days t is less

8. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      When you say you are out of town do you mean going to a more remote place which is more peaceful and quiet?

Does your T increases consistently the moment you are near the tower and decrease consistently when u are away from the tower?

9. sanjay doodani
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No the effect comes after some days

10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've made the same general observation -- less T after days out in nature. However:
      * it's not 100% predictable
      * "out in nature" means "less EMFs", but also means "less smog", "less noise pollution", "less exposure to household pets and dust", etc etc etc.

So, I'm not necessarily convinced EMFs have much to do with it. Every study that has attempted to address electrosensitivity in humans has concluded that it's not a real thing -- on the other hand, there haven't been many studies, and if there is some crazy dose-and-time dependency such that you don't improve until several days away from field strength, no one has attempted to address that.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      EMFs are suspected in a lot of conditions. However, unless you live on the land in the countryside somewhere you will not be able to escape them. As for tinnitus, it may or may not be a factor, however, considering there are millions without tinnitus blanketed in EMFs everyday, maybe not that much of a factor.

12. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      So you mean your T volume did not increase immediately when near the microwave tower?

13. sanjay doodani
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes

14. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      And more and more urban people get T out of nowhere. I wonder..

15. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      EMFs definitely a factor for me. I try to avoid Wifi as much as possible, never eat microwaved food and sleep in a room with no electricity turned on so never have lamp at bedside or phone in bedroom. You can get devices to protect you; look at Memon. Some folks are so insensitive they could work among strong EMFs all day and every day and not be affected, others are very sensitive and are affected by small amounts so we're all different. It's a bit like saying that peanuts are dangerous........most folks are OK with them but they can kill some people so do what you need to to protect yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    16. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Some people believe in the principle of Earthing to release positive stored electrons in the body and give them to the earth ... hiking and being in nature connects you better to the earth (touching soil, trees, sitting on grass, etc) ... check out `earthing` ... cell phones give of a lot of electrons and best way to use them is outside while touching a natural source with feet or hands ...

I used to sleep `earthed` I had a blanket that was interwoven with silver threading and connected to a wire going outside the window straight into my garden.. Still have T although I dod sleep quit well suing this blanket.

• Creative Creative x 1
    17. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yes, however, there is no real definitive way to know if EMFs are the problem. And if they are, we absolutely CANNOT avoid them and they have been a problem since the invention of electricity. In this modern world, how do we get away from them? We can't.

People with T tend to look for every reason under the sun why they have T. Not surprising because this is a normal response. I know I did. Regardless, 90% of T is still due to some type of noised induced hearing loss (though there are many potential causes for this).

I used to think my T was caused by ototoxic meds, then ETD, then TMJ, then depression, I did also suspect EMFs since I have worked in technology all my life.....then I said to myself "FU**! maybe it was just cause I am getting older and I went to too many concerts in my life. Or may be it was caused by a combination of all the above. Guess I will never know for sure. Most of us won't.

I have T, have had it for years, I don't know the cause and there is nothing I can do for it now....I'll just keep pluggin away on this Macbook Pro as I type this. When I check my WIFI right now, I see 29 wifi routers around me. Doomed I am.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, I may be able to weigh in on this a bit soon, lol.

next month I'm going camping for several days in a place which has literally zero cell towers within a 4 mile radius (compared to the 70+ I have at home).

In the months after, I may well be moving to such a place for a year or so. Not specifically because of EMFs, but because I know that being in a busy, loud, urban environment is doing bad things to my stress, and that stress in turn is not helpful to my T or anything else.

• Like Like x 1
    19. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      I moved to a house next to a powerline and aboveground power. I got T a few days after I moved in and my T is loudest in the room where the power comes in.

20. paint-it-yellow

paint-it-yellow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      not
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not
      Why cell phone base stations might make a powerful audible squeal at 10kHz:
      "boost and buck converters were added to the system in order to reach the desired voltages for each one of the systems. Switching frequency was set at 10 kHz to ensure proper efficiency and reduced capacitor and inductor sizes."
      http://d-scholarship.pitt.edu/24055/1/cremera_etd2015.pdf

Could be that microwave tinnitus is not tinnitus at all, or is fatigue due to living day in an day out with real noise coming from a cell base station. Sometimes called switching power supply noise, coil noise, or capacitor noise. Even when the power supplies switch at much higher frequencies they can be heard to squeal at lower frequencies.

21. Lady Liberty

Lady Liberty Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Recently
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m surprised all of you guys talking about EMF aren’t getting booted off here. I did.