Ringing in the Ears (Tinnitus) - Dr. John Douillard, DC

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Jan 7, 2012.

1. calin
    Balanced

calin Honorary Member

Tinnitus Since:
    Oct 2011
    Instead of this therapy being hidden in another treatment, I am making it's own thread.

Ringing in the Ears (Tinnitus) - Dr. John Douillard, DC

Uploaded by johndouillard on Apr 14, 2011
    Ringing in the ears, or "tinnitus," affects 1 in 5 adults in the United States(1) and over 250 million people worldwide. While there are many possible causes for this incessant ringing or buzzing in the ear, there are few effective therapies. In this article I share two very simple,traditional practices for tinnitus - one of which has been used for thousands of years and the other you most likely already have in your bathroom!

Dr. John Douillard, DC received his Ayurvedic training in India and runs an Ayurvedic retreat center in Boulder, CO.
    www.lifespa.com
  2. calin
    Balanced

calin Honorary Member

Tinnitus Since:
    Oct 2011
    I found this here :http://www.healthboards.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-292540.html

My aunt sent me this article from the Health and Healing Newsletter by Dr. Julian Whitaker...

From the column entitled Works For Me...

Several months ago, I discovered that I have tinnitus. Since no cure exists for this, I resigned myself to just living with it. One morning, as I was shaving with my electric razor, I noticed that when it was close to my earlobe, the vibration felt good and the whistling subsided a little. I figured tyhat since vibration seemes to help, hig vibrations migh be even better, so when I got home I cut the bristles off my Sonicare electric toothbrush and replace it with a pencil-top eraer (the kind you put on after the eraser has worn down). I used it every morning to massage around my ear, moving it and adjusting the pressure until I could feel the vibration inside my ear. The tinnitus has all but disappeared. Now, I often go four or five days without using it, until I notice a return of the ringing, I'll use it again, and it will again subside. I am hopeful that the tinnitus might go away for good. T.S., Irvine, CA

Dr. Whitaker says -- This is such a brillant idea that we have begun using it at the clinic. We've discovered that you don't have to cut the bristles off, just put the eraser on over them. You can find high-frequency toothbrushes is drug and department stores or by calling 900-810-6655.

I tried a variation of this with my son's old electric toothbrush but I cut the pinky part off of a rubber glove and placed that over the bristles. This is just a cheapy toothbrush but I decided to see if anything would happen. I just did it for a few minutes but after using the brush near my ear, it did feel somewhat quieter. My dentist wants me to use a sonicare toothbrush for my teeth anyway so I ordered one at ************** last night. Once I get it I definitely plan to try this again and more diligently.
  3. calin
    Balanced

calin Honorary Member

Tinnitus Since:
    Oct 2011
    I brought this over from the UST thread... Hope you don't mind LWit!

http://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/universal-sound-therapy-ust.166/page-3#post-741
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I stumbled upon this forum yesterday while looking for reviews of the Universal Sound Therapy. I was looking for help with inflammation, but when this site was one of the results on my Google search, I clicked. I didn't know there was any help for tinnitus. I've had mild tinnitus for five or six years now. It's a hissing sound, mostly in my left ear. I forget about it in noisy places, but it's very annoying when I'm in a quiet place. (I know I'm lucky to have had such a mild case.)

ANYWAY...I watched the video and, even though it sounded crazy, I tried the electric toothbrush thing last night. My tinnitus disappeared completely for about thirty seconds, then came back. I was shocked. It was actually a little unnerving, not to be hearing anything but silence. Even though it came back, I decided it was worth trying again. I did it again this morning and thought I noticed a slight diminution, but not much of a change overall. And then, a little while ago, I realized that I have SILENCE in my ears.

IT'S GONE. I started walking all over the house, trying to find the quietest spot, lol, and no matter where I go, I can't hear the hissing in my ears anymore.

According to what I read online last night, it can come back and then you have to do the toothbrush thing again. I don't care. This is unbelievable.

I don't know if it would work for everyone, but I wanted to let people know that it helped me, and it might help other people.

Thank you again, Calin, for posting this information. LWits, Yesterday at 1:15 PM