Scam or Legit? Thomas Coleman's Tinnitus Miracle

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by bob, Feb 5, 2013.

1. bob

bob Member

Anybody deal with this guy. He has an eBook you can buy for about 37 dollars off the internet. He says in 60 days the tinnitus will be cured or money given back. I guess just more snake oil.

You can do a Google search of his name if want you more info.

Just wanted to know if anybody tried his book out. Tired of throwing money away because of my tinnitus.

LineSeparator.png
      notice.png
      Tinnitus Miracle is a scam and contains nothing of value.

You should consider implementing sound enrichment into your daily life:

• Like Like x 2
    2. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I have a feeling it is just more of the same from the maker of the Miracle Cure for tinnitus. I downloaded it over a year ago... nothing good in it that we haven't already posted.

3. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      rip off artist. Is there anything more to say?

I think I will try to get my money back. He probably thinks were so consumed and irritated by our tinnitus that we won't bother.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Paul D
      Balanced

Paul D Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2010
      I, like so many of us, tried many of the snake-oil cures during the first year after chronic T set in. Sounded so logical, particularly the claims made about this or that natural ingredient or process, particularly applicable to a certain imbalance caused by occurance X or multiple event history. With regard to "expert" publications, particularly those with money-back guarantees, I always ask myself "What's the real motivation behind this guy's seemingly benevolent proposition?" Normally it goes back to the same thing...Follow the Money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob

bob Member

Thanks for the replies. i never sent that guy any money. I could swear my t gets worse in the winter time here in West Central Ohio, oh well maybe somebody will come up with something some day.

6. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      When I first got tinnitus, I bought "Tinnitus Miracle", and read the entire book (about 300+ pages).

I tried most of what was recommended in the book. I wouldn't say that it is "snake oil", but I agree that it is misleading in my opinion. The advertisements claim that people have been cured using Thomas Coleman's 5 step program, which involves fasting. Testimonial after testimonial, with people practically smiling their faces off, thanking Thomas for his "miracle".

Didn't work for me. On my desk, I'm currently looking at a bottle of "Virgin Coconut Oil" and "Whole Cloves", which were a part of the 5 step detoxification program.

There are some good explainations about a whole lot of tinnitus related subjects in the book. He covers all the bases. Unfortunately, there is no "Miracle" that I can find in the entire book.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Your fry-ups will be healthier with that coconut oil though Karl :)

I bought Tinnitus Miracle too in the first month of frenzy when I knew nothing and was sure something could be done to help. I never read any of it though.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      I have noticed on the Internet about a book made by Thomas Coleman, I actually haven't used it but from the reviews I have seen, it looks quite good, apparently it heals your tinnitus within 2 months...
      (I have not used this product)

9. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      It's a scam at worst, or misleading at best. Contains nothing you can't find here on Tinnitus Talk. Don't bother buying it.

This has been discussed before, so I merged the threads.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I was looking around and found "tinnitus miracle system" I looked at YouTube reviews blogs googled if it was a scam, I did not find one comment that said it was a scam or did not work.

How can someone have such complete control on the Internet. There has to be some negative feed back on this
      Nothing is that good. It getting close to 3am now. Going to try and get some sleep, just wanted to throw this out here' and see if I am missing anything ....

11. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      It doesn't include anything that isn't already posted on Tinnitus Talk or other places on the 'net.

I'd avoid.

I merged your new thread about Tinnitus Miracle with an already existing one, hope you don't mind.

12. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Thanks Markku....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    13. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Ditto Markku's comment!

14. hulagirl
      Creative

hulagirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Anybody out there buy this book and learn anything new? I am considering it, but don't want to waste my money if it's another scam. I realize there is no miracle, but when I read all the testimonials, I get a little excited again and think maybe someone knows something I don't know.

Also, has anyone had any success with hypnosis or acupuncture? I live in Vegas and I am looking to find an acupuncturist with success in this area. Also how about massage?

Thanks everyone, Hulagirl

15. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      @hulagirl

The testimonials are more or less fabricated. The Internet Marketers behind Tinnitus Miracle have even managed to put their own "tinnitus miracle scam" searches right up in the search results, for sites that contain fictional positive testimonials.

Tinnitus Miracle contains nothing that you can't find freely on the internet, or on Tinnitus Talk, for example.

I merged your new thread with an existing one about this one.

Welcome to TT, by the way :) !

• Like Like x 2
    16. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      One way you can see that these products, books etc are scams if it the articles you find on them while doing a google search are released by PRWeb or SBWire which are basically paid news releases. They look legit but like I said they are paid and almost always scams.

• Like Like x 1
    17. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      If I would ever meet the author of the Tinnitus miracle I would give him a swift kick in the nuts, tape foghorns on each of his ears and let it rip.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. Paul D
      Balanced

Paul D Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2010
      Not knowing where to turn, I'd be willing to bet that most of us T sufferers tried a variety of "cures" and/or "treatments" that first year when tinnitus progressed from annoying to chronic. That early desperation phase is tough, making us vulnerable to unscrupulous salesmen and quasi-doctors/researchers of all types. Certain people will always find a way to prey on and benefit from inherant frailities of mankind.

19. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      on one page he has helped 27 people on another it is 27000 people

20. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yes, this Thomas Coleman cure is so revolutionary that none of us have tinnitus anymore. In fact, nobody in the world has tinnitus anymore, it is not a problem....why are we here? Thanks TC!

• Like Like x 1
    21. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I'd like to take all these affiliates selling this crap online and punch them in the gob as hard as I can.

I despise them.

• Like Like x 1
    22. Phil the Musician

Phil the Musician Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I was thinking about ordering Tinnitus Miracle too - it sounds so convincing but internet marketeers are clever. Perhaps too we all feel deep down that there has to be some secret combination of factors that is responsible for T.
      For instance many of us know how to make T worse, so surely some combination of factors can make it better?
      My T is like white noise - kind of like tape hiss for those that remember that.
      I do wonder though that if there were a cure involving some combination of say diet and exercise, that many would simply shun it by saying 0h yeh I've heard it all before etc etc. The issue could be that it may take some time of following a particular regime to experience a benefit and most will give up before time and call scam. So discipline is likely to be a major factor yet without belief then discipline will fall by the wayside. I think what a lot of these marketeers do is to provide a comprehensive e-book but make the regime unpleasant or difficult to follow so that when the purchaser decides not to follow the regime they feel guilty and so don't requst their money back. The same thing applies to hair loss remedies where you may for instance be told that by applying onion juice to your scalp twice a day for 3 monthe will thicken hair. The trouble is that nobody will actually do that due to the smell.
      It's all pretty interesting. I have found personally that my tinnitus has something to do with the following factors:
      - Salt intake - more salt makes it worse.
      - Being dehydrated eg after alcohol - this makes it worse
      - Gaining weight and not exercising - makes it worse
      - Being stressed makes it worse
      - I suspect posture and neck tension has something to do with it too
      - Eating a lot of fruit and veg seems to improve it
      - Lowering blood pressure through exercise seems to improve it especially when diastolic pressure if lowered.
      So if I put my mind to it and corrected all the above at the same time would it go away? Maybe. I just have never got round to trying all the factors together and this is partly a psychological reason which is interesting in itself - I like to think that if I really tried I could in fact get rid of T and it is just that I haven't got round to it yet! This thought really helps to bear it because I do in fact suspect it to be true.

23. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I will get my money back right now

24. christy

christy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2006
      I just read Thomas Coleman's Tinnitus Miracle ad and almost bought it. But I googled his name just to check and sure enough, all I see are sites about what a rip off this is. I have had tinnitus for years and it has recently gotten worse. I can't ignore this ringing and it drives me crazy sometimes. I don't know how I got it....loud music, antidepressants, getting older, who knows. All my doctor says is "oh yeah, tinnitus....so hard to treat." The worst part is trying to sleep. I have worn earplugs for so long the insides of my ears are raw and itchy. No one understands when I (occasionally, don't want to be a pain) say I can't stand this ringing anymore. I feel like I sound like I am being a drama queen when I say I have it CONSTANTLY with no relief. But I actually do have it all the time. So, I am so grateful to have found this site. At the same time I am still feeling disappointed that Coleman's ebook is a crock. I so wanted to believe someone out there had a cure. I want to believe I can one day feel normal again. Or at least, have it not be so loud.

25. christy

christy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2006
      He says in the ad that, "thousands have been treated successfully," and then halfway down that (long-ass) page he says, "only a few people know about this miracle cure."
      Really?
      Okay.

26. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      I recently came across a book (ebook) named 'Tinnitus Miracle' by Thomas Coleman. He mentions he used to be a T sufferer too, and that he also underwent a surgery but his T never stopped, and he did years and years of research and finally found a 'probable' solution. He also mentions that his T went away after using his methods. I was wondering if anybody's tried the book...? The official website is: http://www.tinnitusmiracle.com/

A small preview of the ebook can be downloaded from here(the preview contains no information on cure, only the contents of the book and a vast introduction by the author about his T and how he cured it): http://dc654.2shared.com/download/tHyxGUMN/Thomas_Colemans_Tinnitus_Mirac.pdf

If there's anyone out there who's tried this book, please let us know about your experience.

27. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      This has been discussed somewhere here before I think. It's a scam unfortunately. :(

28. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      I also searched a lot for reviews on this book, and there have been quite a few reviews on it, and they were good reviews. I also stumbled upon a few videos on some sites where they mentioned it helped them a lot. But other reviews on certain sites seemed fake, so I can't decide whether it's genuine or a scam. My mind says it's definitely a scam, but there's that one small percentage of hope that says this could be genuine. :arghh:

29. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      It is? Damn! Alright, thanks for the info. Sigh... (n)

30. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      They were good reviews because they were websites set up by affiliates. :mad: