Silica / Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade) / Orthosilicic Acid

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, May 3, 2012.

1. calin
    Balanced

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    Oct 2011
    I used to ingest DE - Diatomaceous Earth regularly (once a day or so) for some time. I stopped (can't remember why) and do it only every now and then. I was looking through the anecdotal testimonies and informational beneficial affects and properties of DE on the site I always order it from and found it may decrease tinnitus. hmmm... I never saw that before... probably cause I didn't have tinnitus when I studied up on it and purchased it. Earthworkshealth,com is the site.

Anyhow, I started more research today on DE for tinnitus and added orthosilicic acid / silica in the search engine. I just spent hours and hours on the internet. I was not going to just take the word of a few dozen or so web sites that all repeated the same stuff about the benefits of DE. No sireeee!

I will post videos and such if you are interested. I did have a thought about silica helping to restore the damaged hair cells in the ear... just a passing thought. Silica is involved with hair, skin , connective tissues, nails, bones, teeth, etc....

I will post (or you can if you find some good stuff) some information for you to decide.

My thought is that since I was taking DE for some time and I still got tinnitus, that it was not something that would help me. But, I can't remember how long ago I stopped in relation to when I got the T.

I know my cats do well with it when I add it to their food. Or for that matter for the elimination of fleas. I use it for all the ants that hang out too. My cholesterol levels and triglycerides were great on my last blood test... could be DE that helped... don't know for sure.

I have not found testimonies about taking DE for tinnitus decrease... still searching.

A friend of mine took DE with tomato juice and recently had an colonoscopy... clean as a whistle!

_________________________________________________________________________________
    Added by Tinnitus Talk's administrative team:
    Please register to Tinnitus Talk. It is free. We are a nice group of knowledgeable individuals and you will certainly benefit becoming one of us.
  2. Molan
    No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
    Great information Calin thanks so much for posting stuff like this!
  3. calin
    Balanced

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    Oct 2011
    Glad you are finding it useful information! ;)
  4. calin
    Balanced

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    Oct 2011
    I spent some more time today researching silica and tinnitus. I found some typical treatments - over the counter stuff - such as T-gone and Lipoflavonoind (?) tinnitus remedies that had silica in their compounds.

I think I remember about the time I stopped taking DE.... it may have been when I developed dizziness last summer. My doc gave me dizzy pills .... geez. Like that was going to fix the problem. Anyway, I researched my condition and symptoms and figured I had a case of BPPV. I did the exercises at home for the full three weeks as the docs on the internet suggested and the dizziness went away. I traced back my head motions for that time frame and realized I must have gotten one of the inner ear crystals loose. I stopped taking the DE thinking it may have contributed somehow to the dizziness. I developed tinnitus months later.

I started taking 1 tsp twice a day a couple of days ago in my teas. This morning my ph was about an 8. Pretty high alkaline. I am thinking that since the DE is mineral, I was eliminating the DE in my urine.

I think I will experiment with testing DE in a small amount of water and check the ph. just a thought....

I looked on the Earthworks site under the FAQ and found the technical data sheet and the ph level for DE is 8.0. hmm.... so if you are more on the acidic side (which is not healthy), you may want to consider taking this stuff to bring your ph up to a better range. I monitor my ph daily, so I will adjust my ph booster in water if it gets too alkaline.

My tinnitus has been very very low today. I have been getting ups and downs with the volume but nothing near to what I had in the beginning.I haven't had a consistent volume for more than a day. That is good if the volume was higher than another day! lol

I am still researching this, so bear with me. I talk out loud here, so don't mind me if I ramble! ;)
  5. calin
    Balanced

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    Oct 2011
    I gradually increased my dosage of DE to two Tbs as day. I avoid taking it when I am taking my supplements. It gives me a bit of energy, so I don't take it just before bed.