Sound Devices — Getting Desperate So Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Support' started by SweetH, Nov 20, 2014.

1. SweetH

SweetH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life stressors
      After living with Tinnitus for near four months now and trying chiropractic manipulation, massage therapy, naturopathic remedies and dietary changes I am not feeling much further ahead. I am now at the point where I am seriously looking into purchasing a sound device to help with my T. The device that I am considering is called the PAXX IOO (a TRT device) manufactured out of the Montreal Tinnitus Lab. Has anyone heard of it.?The research and stats look great but are all generated from their website and I can find no outside sources to collaborate their claims. The ATA has not even heard of it. Does anyone know of a website that independently evaluates sound devices for Tinnitus or can anyone recommend a device that they have used with success. Looking for unbiased, scientific data before making purchase. I am new to this forum so don't know the protocol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sweet H

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SweetH

SweetH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life stressors
      I have decided to write to myself to make sure that this forum is working. I am not sure if it is the topic or are certain things taboo on a forum such as this? My T is really bad today so am getting increasingly desperate. Just want to make sure someone else is out there. Sound devices that work anyone?

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I think at @dan might be able to help.

4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      thanks for the heads up Telis ;)
      Yes I heard of the Paxx system, I even spoke with them 2 years ago on the phone. If I remember correctly, you go to their clinic in Montreal and they do some comprehensive tinnitus tests, but most important is a hearing test up to 16khz, so that allows them to calibrate the Paxx sounds according to your hearing loss. I was told you must not have greater hearing loss that 60db up to 16khz, for this to work

Since no audiology clinic in canada does hearing test that high (highest I know of is 12khz), then you must attend the clinic in person.

Note-this is what I recall of the top of my head, and needs confirmation.
      You can call them.
      Also, there are no outside sources to collaborate their claims - you are correct in that respect. Also no testimonials outside their website, which seems odd that nobody wrote about this product.

@SweetH