The (REAL) Sound of Water Gives Me Hope!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mark H, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Mark H

Mark H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2005
      I have always been hopeful over my ten years of hell that since water in the shower seemed to mask the ringing almost completely, then there was hope for audio therapy. Only the sound of real water ...not a recording. Recordings can help but it seems the ambient sound of real water has a very complex audio signature of many high pitched tones and the same goes for traffic in the city. This seems to mask the tinnitus or at least it did for years and still does sometimes.

Now mine is too damn loud but the quiet seems to really aggravate it. If I listen to water it seems to calm down and that is what has kept me going. Therefore, it seems to me that the brain is producing the tones of the actual frequencies I am lacking in my hearing profile. Like a sick Darwinian process that has gone horribly wrong. The brain is trying to repair what it knows i should be hearing by producing the missing frequencies in the form of a tone...only I DON"T need that ya stupid hunk of grey meatloaf! I hear FINE thanks...the world is too loud as it is....how can we reset the brain back to where it was? Microsoft XP did it with restore mode!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I agree to this and I have been actually thinkin about buying one of those small indoor rome waterfalls to make the natural sound. Do you have one already?

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I turn the water presure low on my shower so it lasts, lay on the tub floor, let the water fall on me, relax for as long as the hot water lasts. This is the only thing that masks my T. Very relaxing, especially if you can lay down and get comfortable.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark H

Mark H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2005
      Yes I was thinking I would buy a small fountain to put next to my bed. I would like to make a fountain hat that I could wear all day! Like a beer can hat but water falling onto a tiny ceramic tile next to my ear! The guys with the white coats would probably take it away from me ...
      I always try to keep laughing and think of something great about life as a reason to keep going and I usually find something. Hell, even a beer can do it and oddly enough, beer and little cannabis will usually make the tinnitus quieter the day AFTER having it. Certain types of cannabis seem to work better than others but must be used carefully and in moderation because it can cause severe spikes with me. I think the sativa dominant ones work the best but I only use small amounts...a couple of puffs and that's it and no more than 2 or 3 beers.
      Eating cannabis is not a good idea. It was a bad day when I tried that and I regretted it.

5. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      I used to have one of those table top fountain's next to my bed for many years, I ran it every night, for about 20 years , it really helped me. I would recommend it for anyone. It is also very relaxing, and will help you get to sleep faster.

Louie

• Like Like x 1