Three Days of Low Tinnitus — After Almost a Year of Banging Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by carol kane, Oct 30, 2014.

1. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I just wanted to say that the last three days have been met with low T, not silent, but low ... i know it's looming as i can still hear it, but what a difference these past three days have been, just felt normal again!!! I've done nothing different, and i know it's not Habituation, it's just been 3 lovely days of low Fucking screaming AMEN!

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Robb
      Question it

Robb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Habituation takes place usually between 6 or 18 months. This is your reward for holding out one year! Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
    3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      She said it's not habituation. Actually lower T.

4. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      i get that sometimes, but just maybe for a day. maybe our brains get wore out!!!;)

• Like Like x 1
    5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Congrats, Carol. That is why time and patience are important ingredients towards habituation. The body can do some miraculous healing if we are patient with the current suffering state and hang in there with a positive attitude. It can only help in the long run. Hope you will find more of these low T breaks as time goes by.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Is habituation reached when your t is perceived as not as loud? Or same volume but you just don't care about it?

I just had like a stretch of 7 or 8 days where i felt it was a lot lower and not as annoying as @carol kane described. Prior to that I had a stretch of 2 or 3 days where it seemed a lot lower only to come back, then it was "normal volume" for another few days and then I had that 7-8 day low t stretch. Sadly it's back to "normal" since thanksgiving. These low t days also coincide with me feeling a lot less sound sensitivity, hopefully this means I'm getting better or habituation got both.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Buzzzzzy

Buzzzzzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No known
      I go through hell then 2 days of just a low buzz, I jump for joy on the days T is having a break. I felt your post it hit me in my heart coz I know your for real a proper T warrior and not some freak looking for sympathy who thinks they have T bad.
      Soldier on brother.