Tinnex (Caroverine)

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Arnold

Arnold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Joe, I have emailed by admit@lincolnpharma.com However, my emails were turned back. Would you please give me a new way to contact with that doctor named Mr.Das? Thanks!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Dave99

Dave99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Joe, thanks for the research information.

Where did you see it was available in Austria ? is it available anywhere else in Europe ? I wonder is it possible to import to Ireland/UK via a local doc. At the same time i don't mind travelling if results look promising.

Thanks

Dave

3. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      Caroverine (Tinnex) is only available in India here is a mobile number
      and please remember the time difference in India if you find its switched off.

Other contacts are

Dr.Anil K. Monga

H-251,ASHOK VIHAR,PH-1
      NEW DELHI
      New Delhi

91-11-27241113
      India

4. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      caroverine triggers repair mechanisms intrinsic to the spiral gan-glion neurons,;)

5. exodus
      Cold

exodus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008
      hi any update on this?

6. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      I can let you know more about it MAY. Once I have the treatment in India

7. Jon Wayne

Jon Wayne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      did you get any reply? or did you find an answer to that question?

8. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      I have been told It can cure completely, or give upto 6 Months relief

9. Jon Wayne

Jon Wayne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      anyone knows what is the meaning of " Cochlear Synaptic Tinnitus "
      are they claiming this cacoverine stuff helps with noise induced tinnitus? and what is the cost of this? i'm not seeing much info about this on their website, any idea guys ?

10. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      The drug purchased from Lincoln Pharma is £40
      Its basically 160mg Caroverine, which should be diluted in 100ml sodium chloride solution, for Infusion and administered over a period of 1 hour by controlled intravenous infusion (2ml/min)

11. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      /www.tinnex.in/how-tinnex-is-administered.html

12. lou

lou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1985
      Had tinnitus for around 27 years, but wasn't to bad. 2 years ago a loud noise went off in that ear and really injured it. The doctors around here just tell you to live with it, nothing you can do.It happened in June, by Oct. I was in Germany getting botox. didn,t really help to much. I've tried lazer, white noise and now some hearing aids with different programs on it to try and retrain the hairs on firing at proper times.But was interested in the caroverine in India. Read on this page that someone was going there in May , have there been any update on this.Very interested in his report. Lou

13. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      Hi Lou, that was me, Caroverine Tinnex, is still currently the only treatment thats backed by a Pharmacutical company, I have not had made it to India yet but heres some info www.tinnex.in

14. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      The time has come!!! I am flying out 7th July to have this treatment, I will be back 13 July and I will post everything hopefully on the day of my return. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    15. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Great Joe, keeps us updated frequently and good luck!

16. tweak

tweak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/12
      Good luck with the treatment!

17. Tha_b_man

Tha_b_man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/2009
      Wow. Go Joe. Hope you have a miraculous outcome... We will all be waiting intensely for your update.

• Like Like x 1
    18. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      TINNEX INJECTION
      (CAROVERINE IINJECTION 160 mg/8 ml)

Caroverine [1-(diethylaminoethyl) -3 – (p-methoxybenzyl) – 1, 2 – hydroquinoxaline-2-one] is a quinoxaline derivative developed in the 1960s. Caroverine, an N-methyl-D-aspartate and α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid receptor antagonist together with antioxidant activity, has been shown to protect the inner ear from excitotoxicity and to be effective in the treatment of tinnitus, sudden hearing loss and speech discrimination disorders in presbyacusis.
      In recent years, it is on grounds of its quinoxline-dione structure, glutamate antagonism of him excitatory, afferent synapses of the cochlear inner hair cells and its neuroprotective properties that caroverine has been investigated as a new drug in the pharmacological treatment of tinnitus.
      Pharmacodynamic:
      Caroverine also acts as a reversible glutamate antagonist in afferent cochlear synapse. Theoretical justification for the introduction of caroverine in the pharmacotherapy of tinnitus is that glutamate, as a key neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, is the most likely transmitter-substance in the afferent cochlear synapse (Ehrenberger-K eta al., 1992; Ehrenberger-K et al., 1995a; Ehrenberger-K et al., 1995b). A frequent type of inner ear tinnitus, the cochlear-synaptic tinnitus, is caused by a dysfunction of the synapse between inner hair cells and afferent dendrites of the auditory nerve. On the subsynaptic membrane, two different types of receptors, working as a dual receptor system, arte actually stimulated by glutamate. The NMDA (N-methyl-D-asparatate) receptors and the non-NMDA quisqualate and kainite receptors. The dual receptor system is responsible for a typical pattern of depolarization: non-NMDA receptors generate fast depolarizing response, where as NMDA receptors generate a current of longer duration. Under normal synapse function conditions, the typical interplay of the two different time courses of depolarization are observed. They result in an irregular spontaneous fiber activity. Under pathological conditions, spontaneous receptor-dependent depolarization patterns mimic sound- induced patterns differing from the normally irregular pattern. They are perceived as tinnitus by the patient. This may occur under excessive sitmualtion of the receptors, when glutamate develops a neurotoxic activity.
      Pharmacokinetic:
      Metabolism of caroverine depends to a considerable extent on individual genetic polymorphis such that quantitative evaluations are impossible. Caroverine is chiefly metabolized into glucuronic acid conjugates including demethyl caroverine and other as yet unidentified quinoxaline derivatives which are excreted in the urine (up to approx 33%). Non-metabolized caroverine is not detected in urine.Caroverine is mainly excreted in feces.
      Caroverine has a half-life of approx 25 mins. The highest levels of identified metabolites are reached within about 75 mins with an approx half-life of 2 hrs. no data regarding the efficacy of the principal metabolites are available

Indication:
      In case of cochlear- synaptic tinnitus (Of any duration) have shown favorable results
      Dosages & Administration:
      1 ampoule in 100 ml of saline slow infusion under experts observation with gradation system
      In case of tinnitus: Dosage is determined on an individual basis. Maximum up to160 mg of Caroverine in 100 ml of physiological saline as slow controlled intravenous infusion (2 - 3 ml/minute) up till maximum improvement of the tinnitus ,Before tinnitus disappear totally, it should be stopped- Further dosage can lead to worsening of the symptoms.
      Side effect:
      The signs and symptoms that are produced after the acute overdosage of Caroverine include Dizziness, Headache.

The symptomatic adverse reactions produced by Caroverine are more or less tolerable and if they become severe, they can be treated symptomatically, these include Tachycardia,Dry mouth, Blurred vision, Urinary retention, Dry mouth.

Contraindicated:
      Hypersensitivity to Caroverine, acute stomach and intestinal ulcers, children under 3 years. To be administered in children of above 3 years only in case of strong indications. For Adult it is safe
      Precaution:
      Intravenous administration should be done slowly. Vascular damage should be expected in case of intra-arterial dosage.
      Normal Saline & Caroverine has to be used in infusion
      Drug Interaction:
      None
      Presentation:
      1 Ampoule in box containing patient booklet ,user manual & gradation card.

19. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Thanks for the update Joe and keep them comin, we're pullin' for you!

20. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      Joe...best of good luck to you

21. Peter

Peter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Hello fellow Tinnitus sufferers, I have some news I thought you should know. I am 25 yrs old from USA, perfectly healthy and acquired tinnitus 6 months ago due to loud noise exposure from going to nightclubs. I have tried almost everything....I went for the AM-101 trial, but opted out last minute in the doctor's office in fear of receiving a placebo; I instead had intertympanic steroid (decadron) injections at week 5. That seemed to help a lot. I then took loop diuretics (dyazide) for about 2 months, which also seemed to help. But I finally decided to contact a doctor in Austria and book a trip to have Caroverine treatment (Tinnex aka Tinnitin) for 5 consecutive days and left yesterday; I believe the NMDA/glutamate theory could provide a cure.

I must preface that I am NOT A DOCTOR..I'm simply an educated patient such as yourselves. But have learned a lot of information in the last few months.

Unfortunately, the Caroverine IV seemed to have zero effect on me (despite having "cochlear-synaptic tinnitus"). In fact, it only made things temporarily worse, which was very nerve-wracking as you can imagine. This is due to vascular-dilation of the drug, which is an expected side effect and temporarily increases bloodflow to the ear (hence, making it more sensitive). Each morning this effect would go away. The drug can also make you feel a little lightheaded and slightly stomach-sensitive, but again these are only temporary. Apparently it increases your blood pressure slightly as well.

While I certainly am not suggesting it cannot work for other people.....it did not work for me. Speaking with the doctor in Austria (who I might add was mentored by Klaus Ehrenberger, the Tinnex Doctor/consultant for Phafag), he shared with me his own personal theory.....

Tinnitus is caused by LACK of the brain receiving certain signals from damaged hair cells, and tries to "fill in" the missing frequencies, which the person perceived as tinnitus sound. In other words, many of your cochlear hair cells are working PERFECTLY, but a few are damaged. These damaged cells prevent a lack of audio data at certain frequencies (aka your tinnitus pitch), and therefore the brain tries to compensate.

I thought this was somewhat of a novel way to think about Tinnitus. Let's consider a normal person who has perfectly functioning cilia (cochlear hairs): this allows the brain to receive the full range of signals, and therefore "prevents" tinnitus from ever happening. This all begs the question:

......What is the root of problem?

If doctors can repair the damaged hair cells somehow, then tinnitus (and also deafness, which is the main focus) would go away. The cure will be found in stem cell research. Yes, Im talking about regenerative medicine! They have made major strides already in this field; I know that Schepens institute at Harvard is close to regenerating damaged retinal cells in the eye. Quite frankly, I don't know why EVERYONE'S attention isnt more focused on fixing the root of the problem. I haven't seen any studies or discussions at the Tinnitus conference on stem cell research?

Doctors can continue to try to fix the problem symptomatically, either through rTMS, NMDA/GABA receptors, etc, and I hope this works to reduce the volume and intensity of tinnitus in patients. But I personally don't believe those are "cures". The real cure will be to solve the root of the problem: damaged hair cells which don't grow back (except in birds, which are less complex animals).

I hope some of you found this helpful. These are obviously just my opinions, and you are more than welcome to disagree. Like I said I am not a doctor nor am I a spokesman for the ATA (American Tinnitus Association).....which by the way is horribly run, and only raised $1 million total last year. But that's a whole other subject.

I will pursue neuromonics next. This isn't a pharmacological cure, but if I can train my brain not to perceive the frequency of tinnitus or be bother by it, it is essentially a cure.

Keep up the good work everyone. Let's hope one of these other treatments finds strong efficacy in the near future.
      -Peter

• Like Like x 4
    22. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      > but if I can train my brain not to perceive the frequency of tinnitus or be bother by it, it is essentially a cure.

Focus on this thought with laser-like intensity. If I had only one thing to tell fellow sufferers, it's this.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I hope you find relief soon

DD

23. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello Peter I'm so sorry this drug did not help your Tinnitus at all. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you. However thank you very much for sharing your experiences with all of us.

It's interesting there is a guy who claims to have cured his Tinnitus 30 years ago using a very specific Nutritional protocol. It's something I'm looking into now. He actually describes Tinnitus as like feedback in a Mircophone when the Auditory system is damaged. I remember reading somewhere else also that in the opinion of a different Doctor the brain cannot produce it's own sounds it relies on what it is sent from the Auditory nerve. So when that system is malfunctioning it sends tinnitus signals to the brain but again you will have other doctors that tell you that is nonsense and that Tinnitus is produced in the brain only etc etc. Not everyone is in agreemenet what it is, where it comes from and how to treat it.

Humans cannot heal their inner hair cells? Yes that's what I was told and used to believe but actually that might not be the case. This book was written for academics but if you know enough about about Ear anatomy and Biology in general you should be able to understand most of what it's about.

http://www.amazon.com/Regeneration-Protection-Springer-Handbook-ebook/dp/B001AQDBTU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342280809&sr=8-2&keywords=Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)

It does appear the mechanisms are in place in humans to repair ear damage. There are many interesting things out there I could write pages and pages if stuff like this. Many here will agree with you also on the ATA I believe they are useless. Just know there are people who are trying and experimenting with many things in an effort to find a Universal cure for everyone. Hopefully one of us will stumble upon something sooner rather then later.

24. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      Peter
      thank you so very much for sharing your experiences and i agree with your insight regarding fixing the underlying problem rather than using treatments especially medication to deal with symptomology

yes i too, am a big fan of fixing the damaged hearing cells in the cochlea

i have imaged three ways this might be done

of course there is the stem cell implantation approach

then...there is the temporary suspension of a human protein in the ear called a "kinase inhibitor", p27Kip1...its absence in birds ears is how they are able to regenerate their hearing...but tumorigenesis is a risk without this vital protein

and finally i see a really really small submarine...nanotechnology small, computer and joy stick controlled, that navigates thru the cochlea and goes from hearing cell to hearing cell repairing, physically the damaged stereo cilia

thanks again
      mt

ps

here is some hearing cell regeneration information

http://www.hearingcenteronline.com/techc.shtml

25. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi Peter, what do u mean when u say you've had 5 consecutive days of treatment?
      Its says on the Tinnex site that you get an IV for one hour and you should not repeat this until at
      least 7 days. It also says that if one notices an improvement, one should immediately stop IV.
      Could you clarify your administration protocol?

I am disappointed it did not work, as I am also wanting to try it. My T is horrible and was caused by acoustic trauma. There is still another poster on here who is due to come back from India and post his experience regarding Tinnex - if his results are no better, then I guess its a bust.

26. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Peter -
      You've made some profound statements in this post. Excellent ideas.

mt -
      I like your idea of using nanotechnology.

On this subject of how to really fix tinnitus, I think it can be done. In the near future, too. It would require those in charge of research to think as both engineers and doctors. The ATA is mainly doctors, so they are approaching the problem as doctors, using the same trial and error approaches that have failed over the past 40 years.

In my opinion, here's a plausible solution to fixing tinnitus:
      • As Peter described so well, tinnitus results for cochlear hair cell damage. I think that Peter is correct that the damage is localized to a few cochlear hair bundles.
      • Ear researhers know very well how to pinpoint the location of frequencies on the cochlea. The beginning of the cochlea absorbs the high frequencies; the end of the cochlea absorbs the low frequencies. Hence, if your tinnitus is a pure tone at say, 4kHz, it's very likely the location of the damage on the cochlea can be predicted.
      • Using the newly developed MEG/MRI scans, researchers are now able to see the neurological pathways effected by tinnitus.
      • If a neuological circuit is causing the problem, it would seem that the circuit could be broken if a few neurons in the circuit were destroyed.
      • Why not use nanotechnology to do a little surgery on the affected neuron circuit? Perhaps inject nano-machines into the known localized area, and do a little snipping here and there to break the neurological circuit?
      Reminds me of an old sci-fi movie called "Fantastic Voyage", starring Rachel Welsh.

OK, that was fun. Back to reality, learning how to cope with the damn sound.

27. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      From all the people I have talked to that have long term T, this is the key.....

28. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      erik -
      I agree with Dez. For now, altering our perception is our only hope.

But in the future, they've got to fix this thing. I mention the above sci-fi scenario not necessarily in jest. There is significant funding in the emerging field of nano-surgery. Go to YouTube, and type in nanosurgery, and you will see that nanotechnology is a hot field. They are hoping to use nano-surgery to operate on cancerous tumers in areas of the body that are difficult to access. Surgeons are gearing up for these changes.

Tinnitus is a condition that's probably bottom on the list of ailments to be fixed by nano-surgery. If that's the case, I would hope that somebody influencial from the ATA gets an "Aha!" moment and realizes that nanosurgery would be applicable to tinnitus. How much can it cost in research grants?

Changing our perception of tinnitus requires a major mental effort and time. For now, that's all we have. But in the future, I hope that our kids have other options to deal with this damn thing.

29. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
    30. tweak

tweak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/12
      Pity it didn't work for you. Is the treatment in Austria the same as India?