To Those With Severe Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jesse Pinkman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Katkin

Katkin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2013
      That's just what I was going to say Telis.

2. Bambi

Bambi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

Thank you :)

3. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      This is me too

• Like Like x 1
    4. kaycee
      Doubtful

kaycee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      how are you treating your eustachian tube dysfunction @Kaelon
      I also have eustachian tube dysfunction and allergic rhinitis and tinnitus. They told me to take flonase and allergy meds for 12 weeks and should go away. I have Constant popping when I swallow and yawn sometimes clicking when I talk. Not sure.if this T will let up because now I am getting sensitive to noise and been having some pain in my ears

Some say since I'm in early stage it might gonaway.

not sure if I believe that. I'm hopeful though buy reading a lot of stories of unsuccessful

5. Clive Cottrell

Clive Cottrell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04-2010
      When I have a bad T day I cannot ignore it. By the end of the day I feel like it is trying to destroy me. It was like that yesterday! Woke up this morning at 6.30am ear hissing, went back to sleep for another hour, then woke to complete silence. How wacky is that. I will with luck have a normal day. On T days I can hear TV without too much of a problem and actually find it uncomfortable if it's loud. If I go and see a film it is always plenty loud enough for me.

6. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      How do you define severe? As some people say severe but can't hear it over their Tv, it seems very subjective. I would call mine moderate and I can always hear it over my TV.

7. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      My opinion is that if you do not hear when watching TV it is mild. And when you only hear it in silence. With me i dont know. One day its mild and dont hear it over tv and the other day i can hear it all day long. But after waking up in the morning it is always the hardest.

8. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      For me it's always the most silent in the morning, although it's not always the same level. I would say mine is mild, but very annoing cause mostly on high fréquency. When I play the music for sleeping and I can still hear it over it,'taht's a sign I will have a very bad night. Otherwise'I can always hear it a little bit, no matter the surrounding.
      yeah, a passenger in my own life is a perfect metaphore for how I feel with it..

9. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I used to hear it over everything, even outside it was mega loud and clear. Now I'm on trobalt, I can faintly hear it when he tv's on and I can't hear it outside so it's liveable now.

10. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      Nope, I cannot watch Tv or listen to music without my T exploding. Sometimes it's getting so loud I can hardly understand people. That's near insanity!

Prior to T +H I could as well. I could even hear a big spider crawling along my wall in a silent room!