Universal Sound Therapy (UST)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Frances Lynn
      Question it

Frances Lynn Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/23/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music and alarms at formerjob
      Hi @Karen,
      I appreciate your swift reply! I definitely will do one or more updates once I get into it. I am so glad this website exists as it has helped me a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi Frances,

It is an old thread and a treatment that isn't that well thought of on the whole. I will be interested to hear exactly what the CD contains, though I have to caveat that I don't have faith in it. I do have a real interest though in what technique they use for the therapy and a natural curiosity of all things audio.

I am confused about the headphones being a cheap set and being able to wear them around your neck, what was the reasoning to this? I would imagine that theoretically the audio needs to be properly heard to work or if it's based on vibrations then a particular type of headphones were needed that are known to do it properly.

Steve

3. Frances Lynn
      Question it

Tinnitus Since:
      04/23/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Steve,
      The therapy is based on frequencies that are attuned to a certain particular malady. Thus, because the body is mostly made of water, the frequencies can pass through without one having to do active listening. When I receive it hopefully on Friday or Saturday, I plan to actively listen the first the first time through and then move the headphones to a more convenient place while I do other things. The swivel part comes in handy as you can lay them flat on your torso while napping. Yes, I am skeptical as well, but I read all the facts and questions on the website, all the reviews, and peppered Dick with questions. He does have a ninety day return policy but said he's allowed returns even up to one year.
      I didn't think the steroid shots I received after a couple of months would do anything either but they made a big difference, so now I'm trying to get the last bit of relief. I'll let you know after a few days of experience with it.
      Frances Lynn

4. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I used Tinnitus,hearing and TMJD CDs for 5 months everyday...like everything a waste of time

5. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      ... TMJ CDs?

6. Frances Lynn
      Question it

Tinnitus Since:
      04/23/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you go to Universal Sound Therapy.com they have lots of CD's on many different disorders. I am not endorsing their usage. All I know is @calin saw improvement in her tinnitus and so did the owner of the company. I might consider returning them @carlover but I know it is a lot of trouble. I'm down to about a 3/10 from about a 8/10 due to the steroid injections but who knows whether it will last; that's the nature of the beast. Anyway, I'm giving UST a chance and since I live nearby to the post office I will return it after a couple of months if there is no improvement.

7. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Its got to be said Calin whose thread I followed and found out about these CDs has tried quite a few things since then so ????

8. MCK Trader
      Cowboy

MCK Trader Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Hello @Karen,

Significant spike in bilateral T last night sometime between 2:30 & 4:30 AM. Could you please list the supplements [and amount / frequency] that you believe may have helped you the most? And, any other procedures you've found helpful for you.

Thanks,
      MCK Trader

9. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @MCK Trader,

Since my second go-round with tinnitus was caused by a drug (a blood pressure drug), I was adamant that I wasn't going to use prescription anti-anxiety meds. Instead, I got through the worst of it with natural supplements.

Here are some supplements I've used that seem to be helpful:
      Holy basil (can't remember how much I took, but I believe I took two capsules per day)
      Magnesium chloride - It works for calming, and may also take the edge off the worst of the tinnitus. I take 2 tablets per day, and they are 520 mg. each.
      NAC (N-Acetylcistene) - I take 2 capsules per day, 600 mg. each.
      Niacin - I take 1 capsule per day - 500 mg.
      Emergen-C - I take this in place of a multi vitamin. It contains extra vitamin C. One packet per day.
      Vitamin D3 - I take 2 tablets per day, 1000 IU each.

As for other procedures, I've tried a lot, including acupuncture and chiropractic. None of those really helped me with my tinnitus, but the acupuncture is calming.

What works best for me is distraction; staying busy and active, and not letting the tinnitus get in the way of living your life as normally as possible. I exercise regularly and try to keep my mind active with books, puzzles, games, etc.
      That's my formula for keeping tinnitus at bay!

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Best wishes,
      Karen

10. MCK Trader
      Cowboy

MCK Trader Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      @Karen,

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your rapid reply.