Want to Have a Laugh? Check This Snake Oil Product I Found

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by rogerg, Mar 10, 2011.

1. rogerg

rogerg Member

Quietus
      $99.95
      Created by a ROCK DRUMMER
      16 1-star reviews, one 5-star review (Who might have written the 5-star review???)
      31JfEKZXmiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033BBPZC/

Makes me angry........

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      I bet it's homeopathic too!:confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Svein

Svein Member

And holistic!:mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Outrageous. $100 for nothing... I couldn't really live with myself if I was behind these snake oils. Preying on people who are most likely to try anything they might think could give them relief. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Jamfer

Jamfer Guest

That reminds me of the place that sells 2 - $2 bills for $10 plus you get certificates of authenticity. Good racket for taking advantage of morons, eh?

6. Rozier

Rozier Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/24/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Early on I would have spent the money...

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Eric Winch

Eric Winch Member

lololo

8. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      I truly hate these con-artists who profit from the vulnerable. Though I would have never described myself as vulnerable, in the early days I would have eaten eye of newt or squirrels gonads if I'd been told they could cure tinnitus. (and I'm veggie, too!)

Now a little older and a lot wiser in this respect I steer clear.

Just to say there has never been ANY double-blind crossover trial of ANY homeopathic 'remedy' which has shown that the homeopathic 'drug' is capable of treating anything, so it makes me instantly suspicious.

Fungus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Tom60
      Fine

Tom60 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      At the beginning, I was in a frame of mind that makes people vulnerable to this type of thing. And yes, I bought 2 different products. One from a local drugstore and one online. I spent $28 in total. The one I got online I haven't used yet. The other one, well I figured that since I already spent the money, I might as well use it. No change so far. They're pills you dissolve under your tongue 3x per day. There are 70 pills in a bottle, which would last 23 days. And of course, they say that you need to keep it up for 30-45 days at least, which means you would need at the very least 2-3 $14 bottles. Of course I should have known better. But I would have urinated on an electric fence at that point if I would have thought it would have helped. That's what these scam artists count on. If I would have done any research I would have known that 6X means that an "active ingredient" has been diluted to 1/1,000,000th of it's original potency. After I'd bought it I googled it and saw it advertised on 2 unrelated websites. Some of the "reviews" were identical, word-for-word. That's the last money I spend on this kind of crap.

10. R.O.D.

R.O.D. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud construction noises
      When I first saw television ad for this product it gave me hope that there might be something to help with my tinnitus. I looked it up on internet. Then looked at reviews. Most from people on this forum. My hope was gone again. One thing positive came from my curiosity. On their website I found the ability to find a frequency that matched my tinnitus. Then set the volume, up/down/up/then down till I just couldn't hear it. Arms length away I couldn't hear it but my family in other room got upset by "what is that noise... stop that". Unfortunately they haven't been interested to try to understand what I live with. Thus we live seperately mostly due to the anxiety that I carry. I have found other websites that have similar sound/frequency settings that I can use to ask my long time close friends to try to understand why I am distant. But I say thank you to Quietus for catching my attention years ago. For a shot time I had hope.

11. Harley

Harley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The proper answer would be:

What you are hearing is the 24/7 noise, similar to the noise I hear inside my head, which never goes away.

I played it only for a couple minutes and already you want me to stop, because it drives you insane.
      Now imagine not being able to turn it off ever.
      Because unlike yourselves, I don't have that fucking option!!!

I'm being tortured by sound and you don't even give 2 shits about trying to understand what I must be going through.
      You are not my family, you are bunch of self centered pieces of shit.

• Agree Agree x 3