What Is Wrong With My Ears?

Discussion in 'Support' started by citigirl13, Feb 20, 2014.

1. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I am going mad trying to understand the problem with my ears. Aside from T, I also have pain in my ears that comes and goes, pressure headaches (I believe this is what they are as the pain is strong above my nose and between my eyes) which have caused nosebleeds, a crackling sound when I swallow and yawn (though not all the time), and sometimes it feels like my ears pop at times when I yawn.

I took Sudafed for five days, one tablet per day, and I felt that lowered my T. I have also taken to breathing methanol crystals in boiling water (to clear my sinuses) which cause the pain from pressure headaches to lessen and sometimes go, and I can feel the pressure leaving. Also when I inhale I feel and hear rumbling in my ears, like something is moving. That makes me think it is to due with my cold.

I JUST DON'T GET IT! I have looked up symptoms online and I have some symptoms for both a Eustachian tube dysfunction (ETD) and ear congestion. The doctors say it is from the cold, but I feel as if I've had this for a long time.

I don't think it is hearing loss, because I don't understand why I would have pressure headaches - and why I would have headaches over a month after it happened? And why would it cause my ears to crackle and pop? And why would the Sudafed help if it was hearing loss? And why would I feel movement in my ears after clearing my sinuses? And I don't feel like I have hearing loss - I can hear same as normal. I really don't want it to be hearing loss because I am scared that means my T will never go away.

I can almost cope with the T at this point, though it annoys the hell out of me, but my other symptoms are bothering me. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I go back to the doctors with these problems?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Also the sound of my T changes as well as volume, and sometimes it feels it goes away completely. But I can also get a rumbling in my ear, and it feels as if something is vibrating

3. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      My experience is very similar except my pain went down to my neck and chest as well it could be your lymphj nodes are swelling because of the cold. About 6 weeks later I'm feeling some relief. And it gets better slowly day by day.

4. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      don't worry about the crackling and rumbling in your ears, this is totally benign.

i got this 11 years+ before getting tinnitus, the crackling is some air going through the eustachian tube and the rumbling is TTTS( Tensor Tympani Syndrome) wich in some cases can make the ear feel full and create pain.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I have had some neck pain, particularly on my left side which is my worst ear.

In truth I have had some relief, I am just worried if there is a bigger problem with my ears. But thank you for replying, this makes me feel more confident. Just can't believe it is taking so long!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Thank you. That is a relief :)

• Like Like x 1