What Would You Do? Sinus Issues Aren't Going Away...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      So guys, need some advice... I'm sure when I return to the ENT next week she is going to recommend surgery. My sinus issues aren't going away, I constantly feel like I have cement in my forehead and around my eyes and I'm miserable with facial pain and facial fullness. The nasal steroids id hoped would clear it have done nothing :(

So, it's looking like turbinate reduction, fixing up my septum and shaving off (which sounds nicer than cutting away) sinus tissue in my ethmoid, maxillary and sphenoid.

Sounds fun huh?

I guess my question is would you go ahead and have it done? I'm literally petrified that it will effect my T in a negative way - even though this sinus stuff is what got me into my T mess - I know ears and nose and sinus stuff is all related, and every action has a reaction - for good or bad.

And I'm worried about all the painkillers and anesthetic medication I'll have to take afterwards having a negative effect of my ears.

I'm so scared and worried ...

So I guess my question is - what would YOU do? And how would you approach the situation?

2. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      Hi Amelia, I think there's a pretty good chance the op will help but if it were me I'd see a kinesiologist before having it done. I had to have loads of dental work and reacted badly to the anaesthetic (but no increase in the t) and the kinesiologist balanced my central nervous system which had been affected by the anaesthetic and the work. It helped a lot and I don't take any drug or change diet or take any supplements without consulting a kinesiologist. After all, they are not giving you their opinion but working with your subconcious mind (which is 95% of your mind) to find out what is best for you.

It may not be what you want to do but I've had such brilliant help from them that I felt I should mention it.

All the best, Beth.x

• Like Like x 1
    3. Neenie
      Depressed

Neenie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Heya. Just wanted to say I've had that exact operation. It definitely clears your sinuses. Takes about 2 weeks post operation to heal but after that it a whole new and better world. The operation did not have a positive or negative effect on tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Hi @Neenie - I so appreciate you popping back in to let me know your experience! This ENT recently did my daughters tonsils and adenoids and did a brilliant job so I trust her ... Just don't trust her knowledge of T (nor would I any ENT really)

Only upshot is that I recently had a localAnesthetic which quieted my T down for a few days ... Imagine what a general will do ;) lol I wish!

5. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I don't know exactly what I would o in your situation because I don't know anything about the procedure. The on thing I would do is as much research as could in advance, to be sure understood the surgery and risks. I kind of did this recently: I waned to see family durin g the holidays but was afraid to fly, because barotrauma on a plane flight had triggered my tinnitus. But I got as much information as I could, talked to multiple docs, came up with a plan to protect my ears... And I was fine.

Good to hear from Neenie, who already has had the operation and did well. No worries. As she said, you probably will feel better!

• Like Like x 1
    6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      have you considered natural alternatives to surgery such as irrigating with colloidal silver?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Tried all that stuff @DebInAustralia - I've been seeing a very well respected herbalist for months now with no real results.

I as doing a nasal irrigation however I believe this kicked off my T so I won't try that again

8. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      The only thing that Works for allergi and kronic illnes is Eisenhardterapy
      I had a lot of that its all gone.I live near you can stay at our place.
      It Works for everybody and takes a weak.

9. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Lady Di, i will have to fly in a few months time and i'm very worried about it, what plan did you come up with, any advice you can give me i'll be very grateful.

10. EdnaLegume
      Cheeky

EdnaLegume Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1999
      Me, I'd eliminate wheat and dairy from my diet and sit back and watch the magic happen..... Because that's what I've done previously and it works. When I eliminate wheat and dairy I have no sinus issues whatsoever. In fact my sense of smell becomes so much better it's almost funny.

Wheat causes systematic inflammation and dairy is just a jerk to all things nasal.

11. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Sure. I have been meaning to post on it... There is a separate thread on flying and I will add to it today, so you can watch for it. I will PM u when it's done. I was really worried too an it worked, although it was only a two-hour flight, so that helped.

• Like Like x 1
    12. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Thank you for your kind help, i hope it doesn't increase the t, but i have no choice i have to do it. It will be a 2.5 hr flight which is what you achieved, from Spain back to UK, but then a few weeks later it's Uk back over to Florida, and at the moment i know i can't do that long flight * 10 hrs * so i'm getting myself into a panic every time i think about it, and then of course the t gets faster and louder... I'm so much at a loss right now, my life is going down the drain!!!

13. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      • Like Like x 1
    14. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
    15. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Hi Amelia well if in your shoes I would be scared but I think I would go for it - make sure you ask all the question you can imagine right them down everything and ask them all to the doctor. Then based on medical advice and your own thoughts - right down advantages and your worries see which list is bigger ! Neenie having had this same procedure is very positive so there is the first positive for your advantages list already!

You've already made major heart stopping decisions about your children by the sounds of it and you made good right decisions as I recall your posts about them and illness but all is well now apply the same process to this decision - good luck as let us know we will be with ya in spirit and willing you well on the recovery road

Cher xx