Why Do My Ears Feel Really Full Like There's Pressure or Water in Them?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Maithe Marshall, Mar 6, 2014.

1. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      It is best to not look back as we all have regrets with tinnitus and many other things in life. It only makes you feel worse!! Only look forward!!:)

At this point, there are two main tinnitus/Eustachian abnormalities that can occur here:
      1. If the Eustachian tube stays closed, as during inhalant allergy, head cold, or middle ear infection, the oxygen trapped in the middle ear cavity is soon absorbed into the mucosa, creating a vacuum. The ensuring vacuum causes the cavity to fill with mucous. If uninterrupted, it will continue to do so until the pressure can cause tympanic membrane perforation. It is that in-between state that presents varying types of possible objective tinnitus: roaring, buzzing, humming, heartbeat, and in some cases, spasm of the tensor tympani and/or venous hum (when the pressure on vascular structures and surrounding tissues become too great). All of this, of course, can be ascertained through tympanometry, otoscopy, and other diagnostic measures.

2. If the Eustachian stays open (Patulous) as from physical abnormality, one will likely experience another type of objective tinnitus: described as an ocean roar or hollow effect, like a sea shell. In some cases, other palatal and middle ear structures may be involved, bringing even more complex descriptions of tinnitus.

2. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I understand Maithe but don't. It's not your fault. I hope that you find a good ENT soon, they can't really help with the Tinnitus most of the time but they can help with the other symptoms you are having at the moment.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Yeah:/ it's okay and thank you! Same to you with ETD

4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Maithe - Your T could still go away once your ETD has been resolved. Hopefully it will!!

5. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hey maithe you have a good chance of resolving this ,good luck mate

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Maybe..it's been hard to figure out everything I have only seen one ENT that was before he could see the infection. And in hope @carlover

7. dorje
      Transparent

dorje Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, might be ENT
      I have the same symptoms as you guys described in this thread (T louder after shower), my GP told me yesterday that my ear drum in my left ear is sucked in, there is negative pressure, my Eustachian Tube is probably blocked and that's the most likely cause of my tinnitus. He gave me prescription for Avamys to clear the tube, I also use nasal ballon and take eucalyptus/ menthol pastils and use these tricks described here:
      https://www.wikihow.com/Unclog-the-Inner-Ear-or-Eustachian-Tube

My T is quieter now, compared to last month when it started, and sometimes I have moments of almost total silence or only very tiny T sound, especially at night, so I think I'm on good path.

Anymore advices from someone who went through T because ETD?

It would be greatly appreciated.