10 Month Tinnitus / Unbalanced — Could Be from Chiro?! Opinions?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Emily May, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Emily May

Emily May Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown - Chiro?? TMJ??
      Hi guys!

I am new to this site and am hoping for some suggestions on the cause of my tinnitus and consequent treatment.

I am 27 years old and woke up in may last year with ringing in my left ear, since then it has not gone away - its sort of like that sound you hear after you leave a loud concert..

Prior to this I have had periods of dizziness / feeling of being unbalanced which would last 2 - 3 weeks and has occurred a couple of times over the years. The day before my T started i went to see the chiro because of the dizziness so am unsure of whether the chiro has caused the T or if totally unrelated. I am thinking the dizziness and T might be related due to some joints / bones in my jaw but really have NO idea.

Don't think is due to loud music as it started on a normal night at home. Never had issues with neck or back in the past, I had a very sore ear but was about 6 months before the T started. Have also had an MRI of brain for both dizziness and T which turned up nothing.

My dr really unhelpful, said his wife has T and nothing they can do - also said my ears looked fine.

Rang my chiro and explained whats going on and has said come back - but worried it will make the problem worse...

Cheers and sorry for the essay!!

Other thing I forgot to mention - (not sure if any relevance at all) but I have a double sized wisdom tooth on the same side of my tinnitus. It still has not come out but x rays from about 10 years ago show that the tooth was growing towards my other teeth.. Could this pressure have something to do with it? I have never had tooth aches though.....

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Dizziness or vertigo plus tinnitus may indicate Meniere's Disease. Try goggle it for the symptoms. One of our notable members @glynis has lived with this condition for many years and perhaps she can advise you on that. Take good care. God bless.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emily May

Emily May Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown - Chiro?? TMJ??
      Thank you Billie! I have looked into MD but most sites indiciate that the dizzy spells that don't exceed 24 hours..
      Mine generally last 2 - 3 weeks at a time and are constant.. Originally I thought the dizziness was just caused by anxiety which could be the case :/

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @Emily May

If the vertigo is not because of MD, then it may be due to BPPV. If so try this exercise as it has helped me on my vertigo to disappear after doing the exercise.

Carol Foster, MD Vertigo Treatment Oct 11

There is another possibility and that is labyrinthitis. Google it and you will find many sites offering lots of info on it.