10 Year Veteran and It Just Got Worse

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Raiz3R, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Raiz3R

Raiz3R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphone/ear bud use, Gun, Work,
      Sigh, where do I start? 10 yrs ago I woke up with ears ringing. Went to doctors and now have the big T. Its been pretty much easy to handle. Just a constant ringing that is varible from day to day. And for the most part I learned to live with it. Until 3 days ago. When the pitch changed in 1 ear and is now making a click/tick noise. Ranging from 1 to 9 clicks a min. Its very annoying and I hope it goes away. I read that this shouldnt be confused with tinnitus and that it may be a muscle spasm that you can hear. Ive been doing some research and found that it can be curable. But I have my doubts. Anyone else experience this crazy form of tinnitus? If thats what it is.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. I don't have the clicking that you have. But from reading posts all these years, this seems to be very common among T sufferers, sometimes being described as cracking, morse code like ringing. Perhaps you search TT with clicking, cracking, and morse code, and see if you can read more relevant discussions on this type of ringing. Here is one such recent post on clicking noise for example:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...-my-ears-will-eventually-stop-clicking.13189/

This thread is very informative about clicking morse code like T
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/morse-code-clicking-tinnitus.5084/

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raiz3R

Raiz3R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the posts. Good info on that link. I just started taking 400mg of magnesium. Hope it will help.

4. Chuckieboy

Chuckieboy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cipro
      Hi,
      I have had tinnitus for 10 years after taking too much cipro. The doctor prescribed this antibiotic to cure prostititus,
      but another doctor said I didn't take it long enough, the infection would come back, so he prescribed more. I wish he hadn't. One thing I have found that almost silences it is a pulsing magnetic field of exactly 9.63 Hz. This is
      subaudiable, but higher frequency than a heartbeat. I constructed a 200 turn 18 gauge copper coil about 10" in
      diameter, and feed it from the 12 volt part of an old computer power supply, through a 555 oscillator and 3055
      amplifier. I lie on the coil for half an hour once a week while it is pulsing. Nicoli Tesla had it right when he said that the numbers 9, 6, and 3 were the keys to the universe.

5. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Maybe its ETD

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raiz3R

Raiz3R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks chuckie. Id try that. But uh... I have no idea on how to make it lol. Maybe you can make a diy youtube vid for us?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raiz3R

Raiz3R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I dont think its etd. I had that in my other ear and it sounded completey diff. And with etd it sounds like you have ur hand over one ear but only when you talk. Its weird.