11 Months In

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Eltel, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Eltel

Eltel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/14
      Hi all ,I have lurked here for several months .My hum /buzz mainly in right ear started in July after an ear infection ,volume is still the same I think .Recently with CBT help and passage of time I have had some much better days but big panic attack today which is the first for a while .
      Taking an AD for 4 months now which I think has helped .
      Hearing test in March was very similar to the previous April but I had no T then ,hearing has not been great for yrs though ,I am 47 .
      I read all the success stories but the hardest part for me is motivating myself when I am having a bad day ,off work today and spent most of the day with headphones on (low volume) I know that getting on with something is what I should have done but no mojo .
      Tomorrow the same noise and I could be quite motivated ,just wonder what's going on with the mood swings .
      Cycled 500 or so miles last month which is best for a yr so I know that generally I am on the up but days like today seem such a set back .
      Its remarkable how some have improved and great news I just hope to join those that have made it through .
      Thanks for reading and any thoughts

• Like Like x 1
    2. DrummerJoe

DrummerJoe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi Eltel,

We are all here for each other. And I think I can speak for all in saying that we just do have good days and also bad days.

Be encouraged. Try to stay engaged. Be proud of your accomplishments. Don't rely on your emotions; let them come and go, knowing they are temporary. And speak life into your situation.

When your hear the T, say "I can hear you, but I'm okay" or "I'm freaking out" or "I'm busy now so I don't care" or whatever.

Take Care,

J

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eltel

Eltel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/14
      Great advice DrummerJoe ,today is better so much easier to plan stuff and get things done .Went to a local Mindfulness group last night ,you could hear a pin drop ...well I could not as my ear humming merrily but I was OK about it .
      Cheers